Would you stop and help the man?

Would you stop and help the man?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Mar 14
1 edit

Luke 10:30 A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

What would you do ? A simple 'Yes I would' or 'No .. no way ', would suffice as an answer. If you like you can explain why you would or would not.

Telling me your own version of the story or that I dont understand the story is a foolish comment and would be ignored. Thanks.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Mar 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
Luke 10:30 A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

What would you do ?
I think you're missing the real punch of the story.

Make the guy a pedophile or some other equally reprehensible-to-you person and then ask yourself what you would do for that despised one.

y

Moves
31 Mar 14

What would you do ? A simple 'Yes I would' or 'No .. no way ', would suffice as an answer. If you like you can explain why you would or would not.

Telling me your own ver ...[text shortened]... the story or that I dont understand the story is a foolish comment and would be ignored. Thanks.
What would you do ?

What would you do?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
31 Mar 14

Originally posted by yoctobyte
What would you do ?

What would you do?
Help the man.

And you?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Mar 14

Did anyone ever think that the Good Samaritan in the parable really points to Jesus ?

F

Moves
31 Mar 14

Not being a doctor, I'd go for help having checked on him and told him that was what I was going to do. Being a father of two, I wouldn't risk my life to help him, though ~ if, for example, there was still a serious threat from the muggers.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
31 Mar 14

Originally posted by FMF
Not being a doctor, I'd go for help having checked on him and told him that was what I was going to do. Being a father of two, I wouldn't risk my life to help him, though ~ if, for example, there was still a serious threat from the muggers.
So far only you; three other Christians looked and turned away.

Luke 10:33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

Thats the key, compassion.

F

Moves
31 Mar 14

Originally posted by FreakyKBH

Make the guy a pedophile or some other equally reprehensible-to-you person and then ask yourself what you would do for that despised one.
You sound like you have the gut instincts of a reality TV show producer! 🙂

y

Moves
31 Mar 14

Help the man.

And you?
yes I would.

F

Moves
31 Mar 14

Telling me your own ver ...[text shortened]... the story or that I dont understand the story is a foolish comment and would be ignored. Thanks.
I would think certain christians would *not* help him. Because, they reason, if the man has the unluck to experience such an event, that must be Gods will, because
(1) in His infinite Wisdom, the man has something to learn from all this.
(2) as he is a sinner, then he deserves it.
(3) he is a martyr and a eye opener for everyone else.

As I am not a christian, I would help him as far as I could.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
31 Mar 14

Originally posted by FMF
Go ahead and have a seat right over there...

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
31 Mar 14

Originally posted by FMF
I know it's and intended funny, but Rajk999 missed the point of the story, namely, the challenge to the original hearer's sense of what makes a person a neighbor--- who do we accept as 'our responsibility,' and who gets the short end of the stick as a result of their undesirability?

Moves
31 Mar 14

id stop to help.

Moves
31 Mar 14

Originally posted by FreakyKBH

if the only information i had was that the individual was a pedophile i would still help.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
31 Mar 14

Originally posted by stellspalfie
if the only information i had was that the individual was a pedophile i would still help.
As you should, as we all should.

I'm merely testing Rajk999's level of self-righteousness...