1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 13:41
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I put it on your mother that I wasn't taunting him.
    My mother?
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 13:44
    It is impossible to save one's self is eternal life. Jesus does the saving that's why he died on the cross if we could save ourselves he died for nothing. And plus he died for the sinners not the people who don't need a doctor.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 13:46
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I missed the point. What is the point you are making?

Is the sum total of your life pleasing your friends?
    Of course you missed the point, dear: you're tone deaf and oblivious to the subtlety of even sledgehammers to the side of the head.

The Lord Jesus Christ spoke in parables for a reason.
    Here, He gives one to an expert in the OT law--- a person accustomed to work, to receiving an honest day's pay for an honest day's work.
    Do you REALLY think the Lord Jesus Christ was challenging the work ethic of the hearer, to test whether or not they would be willing to put some elbow grease into their path to heaven?

The expert tried to put Him on trial challenging Him as a mere teacher, asking the question all spiritual people ask: what must I do to inherit eternal life?
    The Lord Jesus Christ put it right back at him, what do the Books--- which do not speak of eternal life--- tell you?

Surprisingly, the lawyer gave a good answer.
    Love God with all of your being; your heart, your soul, your strength, your mind.
    Love your neighbor as yourself

His answer was accepted, but being a person of the law, of works, he felt unsettled, wanted more.
    Couldn't be that easy, right?
    In his own eyes, he'd been doing all of the above.
    So to save face, he challenged further "And who is my neighbor?"

In the parable, two people just like the lawyer standing 'testing' Him saw the plight of their fellow countryman and ignored the same, citing the Law as their reason/excuse for doing so.
    God forbid they become ritually unclean or financially burdened, right?
    But a man from the ranks of the Samaritans (modern-day equivalents--- take your pick--- would be terrorists, pedophiles, or etc.; the Jews long-considered them "unclean foreigners"... even if they lived next door) stops and helps.
    He ignores the long-standing racial tension, ignores the reality of financial inconvenience and ritual purity and allows compassion to rule instead.

Who is the 'Good Samaritan?'
    Put the Holy Spirit in that position and see if it matches up...
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 13:47
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    All this truth from the word of God you claim to know and understand and you still reject Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior???????
    Where did I say that I reject Christ?

Please quote
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 13:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    My mother?
    your mother!?!?!?!?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 13:51
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    your mother!?!?!?!?
    I caught RBHILL fibbing earlier, and he's now going for my close relatives! :'(
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 14:02
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Of course you missed the point, dear: you're tone deaf and oblivious to the subtlety of even sledgehammers to the side of the head.

The Lord Jesus Christ spoke in parables for a reason.
    Here, He gives one to an expert in the OT law--- a person accustomed to work, to receiving an honest day's pay for an honest day's work.
    Do you REALLY think the Lord J ...[text shortened]...
    Who is the 'Good Samaritan?'
    Put the Holy Spirit in that position and see if it matches up...
    Thats the kind of analysis and conclusion that you flush down the toilet.

The only reason why people go to such lengths to twist what Christ said about good works is that they are so selfish and lacking in humanity that they cannot stomach helping and giving and loving and caring for anyone else.

Your end would be the same as the priest and levite who passed straight without helping. I pity those like you.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 14:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Last resort insults.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 14:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    And if your mother sleeps with a different man every week...?
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 14:17
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Thats the kind of analysis and conclusion that you flush down the toilet.

The only reason why people go to such lengths to twist what Christ said about good works is that they are so selfish and lacking in humanity that they cannot stomach helping and giving and loving and caring for anyone else.

Your end would be the same as the priest and levite who passed straight without helping. I pity those like you.
    Your pity is noted.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 14:19
    And if your mother sleeps with a different man every week...?
    My mother is 82 and recently got back with my father whom she divorced decades ago.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 14:22
    Originally posted by FMF
    My mother is 82 and recently got back with my father whom she divorced decades ago.
    I'm happy for her and him.

Now answer the question.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 14:29
    I'm happy for her and him.

Now answer the question.
    My mother can have sexual relations with whoever she wants [at least in principle,if not in deed].
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 14:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    My mother can have sexual relations with whoever she wants [at least in principle,if not in deed].
    As we all can.
    Not the point, and you know it.

But let's address that in the other thread and leave this one to the topics already established.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 14:44
    As we all can.
    Not the point, and you know it.

But let's address that in the other thread and leave this one to the topics already established.
    If my mother had more than one partner, I would not call her a "whore", if that's what you're driving at.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree