Would you stop and help the man?

Would you stop and help the man?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
If my mother had more than one partner, I would not call her a "whore", if that's what you're driving at.
Look at where this thread has reached. All because two so called Christians RBHill and Freaky, rather than accept what Christ said, would instead prefer to inflict their crooked doctrine on the rest of us.

All this is happening to you FMF only because you said you would rather be like the good Samaritan.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
If my mother had more than one partner, I would not call her a "whore", if that's what you're driving at.
Neither would I.

I kinda like that story between her and your dad, too.
Warms the heart, in my opinion, to think of it.

F

Moves
01 Apr 14

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Neither would I.
You wouldn't call my mother a "whore". Good.

So what kind of response from me were you trying to elicit from me with the question mark at the end of your message: "And if your mother sleeps with a different man every week...?"

And what is the connection to "the other thread" where we are discussing the young women you call "whores"?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
01 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
I've done it several times. And some 'Third World people' have done it for me too, several times.
If we want to talk about 'missing the real punch' of this parable - for me - it's this: Helping out really isn't hard at all. The helper is in the strong position. Mainly, it just requires a bit of one's time.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
You wouldn't call my mother a "whore". Good.

So what kind of response from me were you trying to elicit from me with the question mark at the end of your message: [b]"And if your mother sleeps with a different man every week...?"

And what is the connection to "the other thread" where we are discussing the young women you call "whores"?[/b]
We can discuss it there.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Apr 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
Look at where this thread has reached. All because two so called Christians RBHill and Freaky, rather than accept what Christ said, would instead prefer to inflict their crooked doctrine on the rest of us.

All this is happening to you FMF only because you said you would rather be like the good Samaritan.
Dude.

You wouldn't know crooked if you took your finger out of your nose and poked it in your eye.

F

Moves
01 Apr 14

What does my mother's sex life have to do with RBHILL's comment about Rajk999 and the Third World?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Apr 14
1 edit

Dude.

You wouldn't know crooked if you took your finger out of your nose and poked it in your eye.
It's funny how you TALK about being a good Samaritan and such, I told you MY tale and it was ignored. I already did the good Samaritan thing and would again WITHOUT HESITATION, without ANY kind of agenda. I don't think like that. I just act because someone needs help.

All this TALK, tell my YOUR GS story.

And, mind you, I don't say that about my tale because I think I am some kind of goodie twoshoes, I obviously have my own set of faults but in this case I just act instinctively.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Apr 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
It's funny how you TALK about being a good Samaritan and such, I told you MY tale and it was ignored. I already did the good Samaritan thing and would again WITHOUT HESITATION, without ANY kind of agenda. I don't think like that. I just act because someone needs help.

And, mind you, I don't say that about my tale ...[text shortened]... oodie twoshoes, I obviously have my own set of faults but in this case I just act instinctively.
I have no problem telling you one of mine, since this is an anonymous site and I can't be tagged with whoring for attention (like how I used that term in a sentence?).

At work.
Old guy and his old gal, she's pushing him around in a wheelchair.
Old = 80+.
They're making grooves on the floor just outside the restrooms, clearly distraught over something in that area.
I walk up and ask if I can help.
She's crying, his face is skewered up in pain.
He has to relieve himself, but can't lift himself out of the chair and onto a toilet.
Says she can't take him in the women's room and she can't go in to the men's to help him.
She's got an empty Mason jar in her hand.
"I'll take care of it," I hear someone with my voice say.
Wheel him in, hold the jar as he unzips Mr. Floppy and places him into the receptacle.
Jar now warm and very full, old guy breathes a sigh of relief.
Empty jar into the toilet, wheel old guy back out to his old gal.
They twaddle off into the night.
I washed my hands.
Twice.

Never told anyone about it, 'cept you guys.
And, just for confirmation, I asked my wife if I am a generous/helpful person.
She said I was, so I got that going for me, too.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Apr 14

And, mind you, I don't say that about my tale ...[text shortened]... oodie twoshoes, I obviously have my own set of faults but in this case I just act instinctively.
And I happened to enjoy your story; just didn't comment on it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Apr 14

That is most commendable. I did not reply but included you in the good Samaritan list. You already mentioned that story on this forum some time ago, and I did say then that what you did was the Chrsitlike thing to do and that many Christians would turn and walk away, like this thread is proving very clearly.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Apr 14
1 edit

I have no problem telling you one of mine, since this is an anonymous site and I can't be tagged with whoring for attention (like how I used that term in a sentence?).

At work.
Old = 80+.
They're making grooves on the floor just outside the restrooms, clearly distraught over something ...[text shortened]... ked my wife if I am a generous/helpful person.
Nobody really asked for all the details. The thread was started because Christians generally say that if you do good works its the same as rejecting Christ. You never came out and said that its good to be like the good samaritan. You in fact condemned those who would try to be like the good samaritan.

Compassion for those in need .. its the key. Its a requirement of those who will get eternal life. Its not optional, its not if you feel like it. Its a must. You crookedly interpret the story to mean something else. The only reason for that is you think that will clear your conscience for not following Christ instructions.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Apr 14

Originally posted by SwissGambit
If we want to talk about 'missing the real punch' of this parable - for me - it's this: Helping out really isn't hard at all. The helper is in the strong position. Mainly, it just requires a bit of one's time.
I could add to that .. its time plus something inside you [Christ called it compassion] that some people lack.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
01 Apr 14

Originally posted by Rajk999
Nobody really asked for all the details. The thread was started because Christians generally say that if you do good works its the same as rejecting Christ. You never came out and said that its good to be like the good samaritan. You in fact condemned those who would try to be like the good samaritan.

Compassion for those in need .. its the key. Its a req ...[text shortened]... son for that is you think that will clear your conscience for not following Christ instructions.
Nobody really asked for all the details.
Except for sonhouse, in the thread right above this one that you quote.

The thread was started because Christians generally say that if you do good works its the same as rejecting Christ.
I don't know of a single Christian anywhere, any time who has ever said such a ridiculous statement.
Except for you right now, of course.

You never came out and said that its good to be like the good samaritan.
Because I was establishing another, more important point.
One which falls on deaf ears as it pertains to you, obviously.

You in fact condemned those who would try to be like the good samaritan.
Are you high?
Or do you just lack the ability to read?
I nowhere condemned anyone who acts like the Good Samaritan.

Its a requirement of those who will get eternal life.
This is where you are wrong--- again.
A person's eternal life is dependent upon the Giver of the same.
To receive it, one must accept the work done on the cross by the Giver.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Apr 14

At work.
Old = 80+.
They're making grooves on the floor just outside the restrooms, clearly distraught over something ...[text shortened]... ked my wife if I am a generous/helpful person.
Well that was a nice, if yucky, thing to do🙂 I think I would have tried lifting him into the toilet though! Was the guy conscious? Sounds like he must have been.

Ok, that counts for a GS act!

One thing about the GS act is the need for it happens very seldom.

I mean, like if I was walking a city street and see a girl in the act of getting raped, I would grab anything I could and clobber the cretin doing it but you don't see that kind of thing on a personal basis much.

I guess you could try to be a professional GS and go scouting but that is not my thing either🙂