Would you vote for a Creationist for president?

Would you vote for a Creationist for president?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
M.U.T.I

Moves
27 Dec 07

It seems that Mike Huckabee (the name "Huckabee" should disqualify him from the start) doesn't believe in evolution, at least not "macro-evolution" whatever the hell that means. I'm a die hard conservative, but I'm going to have a hard time voting for someone who has so much contempt for science.

w

Moves
27 Dec 07
3 edits

Originally posted by abnoxio
It seems that Mike Huckabee (the name "Huckabee" should disqualify him from the start) doesn't believe in evolution, at least not "macro-evolution" whatever the hell that means. I'm a die hard conservative, but I'm going to have a hard time voting for someone who has so much contempt for science.
There are two possibilites of coarse. One is that he truly believe what he says and the other is that he is saying these things to court the religious right. In the end a politician does what is politically expedient to get elected, whatever they percieve that to be. It is much like Bush who told people that he was going to get elected via the religious right. At first he was laughed to scorn but not to many people are laughing at him now......well.....that is....at least for that statement. 😛

Just to drive home the point after Bush got elected the Democrats saw the importance of relating to the religious right. They then promptly hired consultants to help relate to the religious right. This includes such people as Hillary and Edwards etc, etc. Odds are you will hear dogma from the Democrats this election go round that will sound somewhat "Christian-like" or even "Bush=like" to relate to the religous right. My guess is they will say something to the effect that we need to raise taxes to help the poor etc, etc.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Dec 07

I am not going to worry about creation or evolution as a test for
president, but you can not vote for someone who is over 6 feet tall
if you want, it is your vote.
Kelly

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Dec 07

Almost certainly not. Such a person clearly values religion over science to a ridiculous degree.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Dec 07

Originally posted by KellyJay
I am not going to worry about creation or evolution as a test for
president, but you can not vote for someone who is over 6 feet tall
if you want, it is your vote.
Kelly
Generally it works the other way. People vote for taller Presidents over shorter ones.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Dec 07

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Almost certainly not. Such a person clearly values religion over science to a ridiculous degree.
It does not mean that unless you think your take on evolution is
your take on science, which is as wrong as saying someone who is
pro-choice is anti-life.
Kelly

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
28 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
It does not mean that unless you think your take on evolution is
your take on science, which is as wrong as saying someone who is
pro-choice is anti-life.
Kelly
Your opinion on evolution is not high on my list of opinions to take seriously, sorry. I actually know something about biochemistry. You're quite illogical and even if you have a point are unable to express it as a general rule.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
28 Dec 07

I could never vote for somebody who thought that the world was roughly 6000 years old. Somebody who could honestly believe something that absurd, in the face of all the contrary evidence, doesn't have the judgment necessary to be entrusted with such power.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
28 Dec 07

Do you have a link where we could find out more about this?

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
29 Dec 07

After someone who has so much contempt for the English language and ... nah, the list is too numerous. I think there are a lot more critical issues than how one believes the planet began and what happened next.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Dec 07

Your opinion on evolution is not high on my list of opinions to take seriously, sorry. I actually know something about biochemistry. You're quite illogical and even if you have a point are unable to express it as a general rule.
You do tend to worry more about the people than the points being
expressed as a rule too, nothing new here either.
Kelly

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
29 Dec 07

Originally posted by bbarr
I could never vote for somebody who thought that the world was roughly 6000 years old. Somebody who could honestly believe something that absurd, in the face of all the contrary evidence, doesn't have the judgment necessary to be entrusted with such power.
In some ways it is a mixed bag with him. If he does indeed believe the earth is 6,000 years old, he comes off as rather ridiculous. However, I must say he showed his spiritual balls when he took Romney to task for his less than charitable attitude towards children of illegal immigrants and people who commited crimes in their younger days but who have turned their lives around and have contributed to society, but can't get a pardon so they can get better jobs. He just may be spiritually schizophrenic.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
29 Dec 07

I have a problem with someone who wears his "religion" on his sleeve.

Fred Thompson looks good to me.

Hey! This is a spirituality forum.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
29 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
I have a problem with someone who wears his "religion" on his sleeve.

Fred Thompson looks good to me.

Hey! This is a spirituality forum.
His wife looks better.

http://blogs4brownback.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/fredthompson_jmccarth_8441278.jpg

f

Moves
29 Dec 07

What if the person finds scientific evidence that compells him to believe in a creationist world, such as a young earth of 6,000 years; instead of millions?