1. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    06 Dec '08 19:231 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    There were no dinosaurs at the time of Noah...
    Man and Dino have never lived at the same time...

This is not what I mean by "thinking outside the box", this is more like [cencored] kind of thinking...
    Hast thou perceived the breadth of the Earth? Declare if thou knowest it all.
  2. Joined
    17 Jul '08
    Moves
    06 Dec '08 19:30
    The Ica stone craze began in 1996 with Dr. Javier Cabrera Darquea, a Peruvian physician who allegedly abandoned a career in medicine in Lima to open up the Museo de Piedras Grabadas (Engraved Stones Museum) in Ica. There he displays his collection of several thousand stones. Dr. Cabrera claims that a farmer found the stones in a cave. The farmer was arrested for selling the stones to tourists. He told the police that he didn't really find them in a cave, but that he made them himself. Other modern Ica artists, however, continue to carve stones and sell forgeries of the farmer's forgeries. In 1975, Basilio Uchuya and Irma Gutierrez de Aparcana claimed that they sold Cabrera stones they'd graved themselves and that they'd chosen their subject matter by copying from "comic books, school books, and magazines" (Polidoro 2002).
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Dec '08 20:23
    Originally posted by gambit3
    Hast thou perceived the breadth of the Earth? Declare if thou knowest it all.
    English please...
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '08 21:49
    Originally posted by freightdog37
    Taken from http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v19/i2/stone.asp

Mammoths and mastodons
    It was once held that mammoths and mastodons became extinct 30,000 to 40,000 years ago. When flint spear points attributed to the ‘Clovis’ culture were found in mammoth bones,1 the evolutionist scientific community had to concede reluctantly that these col ...[text shortened]... pearances. He is currently pastor of Beaverton Nazarene Church in Oregon, USA. Return to top.
    Is Dr. Javier Cabrera Darquea a frawd or not? Is he deliberately scammed? or is he the scammer?

If we google his name we find a lot of sites that are pro and a lot of sites that is anti. What sources should we belive and what should we discard?

http://www.badarchaeology.net/data/ooparts/ica.php says:
    "It is possible that some of the stones are genuine examples of pre-Columbian Peruvian art, but at least some are forgeries."

If we look at these engraved stones, we also see telescopes, ET men (of the same kind as the Area-51 ET men, the peruvians didn't know anything about the modern ET men), and some other things more influenced by modern comic books than peruvian civilization.

I think we safely can disregards from Dr Darquea's 'findings', as they are not backed up by any other findings, such as fossiles of dinosaurs from historic times, or fossils of humans from geological times.

This is not a genuine proof that man and dinos ever coesixted, and surely not that there were any dinos omboard of the ark.

Give me better proofs than this.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 11:50
    I believe I show the same courtesy to people that believe in evolution by trying to answer the questions they pose. I will agree to disagree with someone in this viewpoint. If I was shown that there was enough evidence to confirm that I (humans) came from pond scum I think I could admit they are right. However, I have yet to see that this is the case ...[text shortened]... everyone one of us. Regardless where you stand I think you should take the time to watch it.
    intelligent design isn't science. it makes a claim that will never be backed up by experiments. intelligent design is as i said, the end of of science if we allow it to take roots. when i can say about anything: god designed it and i know he did because it is too complicated to just have happened is when all scientists will be unemployed and begging for food in the streets(or getting jobs as mechanics and bellboys). the science courses will have one line:"God did it all."

evolution has nothing to do with big bang, just for the record. they are two completely different theories.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '08 12:021 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    intelligent design isn't science. it makes a claim that will never be backed up by experiments. intelligent design is as i said, the end of of science if we allow it to take roots. when i can say about anything: god designed it and i know he did because it is too complicated to just have happened is when all scientists will be unemployed and begging for foo nothing to do with big bang, just for the record. they are two completely different theories.
    I'm surprised that "intelligent design" is even treated as science by themselves! They don't know anything about scientific methods, yet they claim that their belief is scientific.

"Inteligent design" = "the universe is created intelligently by god".
    In order to prove this statement, then they first of all have to prove the existance of god scientifically. Well, they can try, it has been tried, but it is in fact impossible.

I had a friend once who claimed that astrology was science because it has a lot of tables and numbers in them. That was her inerpretation of science, a lot of numbers. Creationists have the same attitude of their ID - it feels logical and locig is a part of mathematic science, so iID must be science...

However, ID can be treated scientifically, if they want, but sorry to say, the result will be that there is no intelligent designer behind the universe.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 20:20
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Only somebody extraordinarily ignorant could think that a human being ever saddled and rode a triceratops.
    That's true. Everyone knows that brontosaurus hides make poor leather for saddles.
  8. weedhopper
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 16:101 edit
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Can't you find something more useful to do with your $20 like find a BWA approved whore? Jesus.

If you have anything like vicodin, oxycontin, percocet, lortab, it may ago farther than $20 in my hood.
    HoH doesn't tell you how to spend your 20 bucks--so lay off.
  9. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 23:17
    Doesn't the flood account for the majority of the dinosaurs dying off. What is the big deal with people listening to a different point of view? Observational science cannot confirm how the universe began. I'm not saying that you are scared, but why are evolutionist so scared of a different point of view. Richard Dawkins was asked at the very beginni ...[text shortened]... rational than believing in a God that left a history and guide book for the people he created?
    Nobody said anything about "history and guide book" if you don't Believe in God maybe I don't believe in you.
  10. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 23:24
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    There were no dinosaurs at the time of Noah...
    Man and Dino have never lived at the same time...

This is not what I mean by "thinking outside the box", this is more like [cencored] kind of thinking...
    That's weird because I went to a muesum that had a fossil that a man and dino footprint overlapping each other.😲
  11. Playing with matches
    Moves
    11 Sep '09 00:27
    Originally posted by daniel58
    That's weird because I went to a muesum that had a fossil that a man and dino footprint overlapping each other.😲
    You're an idiot if you really think dinosaurs and man lived together. Perhaps they used to gather outside the old smelly cave, joined hand to claw and sung campfire songs to each other.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree