1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 11:22
    Originally posted by freightdog37
    Doesn't the flood account for the majority of the dinosaurs dying off. What is the big deal with people listening to a different point of view? Observational science cannot confirm how the universe began. I'm not saying that you are scared, but why are evolutionist so scared of a different point of view. Richard Dawkins was asked at the very beginni ...[text shortened]... rational than believing in a God that left a history and guide book for the people he created?
    you are nominated for the darwin awards. there are still several things you need to do(just one of them would suffice) to get the award.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 11:24
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    [b]…Doesn't the flood account for the majority of the dinosaurs dying off......

Not really; I presume there is no evidence of a big flood in the sedimentary layer of rock that marks when the dinosaurs died out. Besides, that hypothesis doesn’t make much sense anyway - where did all that water come from? -and where did it then all go? -I mean, ...[text shortened]... answer one question to be replaced with others ( e.g. how did that alien life get started? ).[/b]
    "…Richard Dawkins was asked at the very beginning where did (life) it all come from. He said that it could have been seeded from aliens..…"

i submit the idea that unless he puts forward a quote from dawkings, he is most likely confused and puts dawkins and scientology together into a blender, pushes the button and instant ignorance smoothie.

yum
  3. Joined
    24 Mar '07
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 18:33
    I apologize for not suppling the quote, but I am not much for typing. The conversation was taken from a website after doing a google search. It was taken from the movie Ben Stein did, Expelled: no Intelligence allowed. Anyone who has seen the movie can back up that I have not edited this below.

My question was left unanswered.

Moderator Ben Stein asks Dawkins how life began:

DAWKINS:Nobody knows how it got started. We know the kind of event that it must have been. We know the sort of event that must have happened for the origin of life.
    BEN STEIN:And what was that?
    DAWKINS:It was the origin of the first self-replicating molecule.
    BEN STEIN:Right, and how did that happen?
    DAWKINS:I told you, we don't know
    BEN STEIN:What do you think is the possibility that Intelligent Design might turn out to be the answer to some issues in genetics or in evolution.
    DAWKINS:Well, it could come about in the following way. It could be that at some earlier time, somewhere in the universe, a civilization evolved, probably by some kind of Darwinian means, probably to a very high level of technology, and designed a form of life that they seeded onto perhaps this planet. Now, um, now that is a possibility, and an intriguing possibility. And I suppose it's possible that you might find evidence for that if you look at the details of biochemistry, molecular biology, you might find a signature of some sort of designer.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 18:371 edit
    [b]…Doesn't the flood account for the majority of the dinosaurs dying off......

Not really; I presume there is no evidence of a big flood in the sedimentary layer of rock that marks when the dinosaurs died out. Besides, that hypothesis doesn’t make much sense anyway - where did all that water come from? -and where did it then all go? -I mean, answer one question to be replaced with others ( e.g. how did that alien life get started? ).[/b]
    "Not really; I presume there is no evidence of a big flood in the sedimentary layer of rock that marks when the dinosaurs died out. Besides, that hypothesis doesn’t make much sense anyway - where did all that water come from? -and where did it then all go? -I mean, where is it now? "

It’s on, in, or above the earth now. I do not believe the surface land
    masses today are the same as they were before the flood, rearrange
    the land mass as was suggested occurred when the waters of the deep
    sprang forth most certainly could have covered the planet, and
    altered the surface too.
    Kelly
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 18:39
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    if you claim that the dinosaurs died in the flood because they had no room on the arc(maybe the raptors would have made noah kebab) how do you explain the survival of the koalas and the kangaroos? they weren't present on the ship manifest either.

how did the insects survive, i believe no insects were on the arc either.
    The dinosaurs died off like all other creatures that died off, something
    they needed was gone, or something they couldn't handle was
    introduced to where they were. They had to have been on the Ark too,
    as all other land creatures.
    Kelly
  6. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 20:342 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    "Not really; I presume there is no evidence of a big flood in the sedimentary layer of rock that marks when the dinosaurs died out. Besides, that hypothesis doesn’t make much sense anyway - where did all that water come from? -and where did it then all go? -I mean, where is it now? "

It’s on, in, or above the earth now. I do not believe the surface land ...[text shortened]... prang forth most certainly could have covered the planet, and
    altered the surface too.
    Kelly
    …It’s on, in, or above the earth now...…

This appears to ignore basic physics:

-if the flood water is still “on” the earth then the flood would still be here.

-if the flood water is “in” the earth then why is there no evidence of underground oceans of flood water (such underground oceans would be easily detected by measuring how the shockwaves from earthquakes travel through the Earth)
    and what possible physical process could have put it there?

-if the flood water is “above” the earth then how did it defy gravity by poring upwards and why don’t we see oceans of flood water suspended in the sky today?

….I do not believe the surface land masses today are the same as they were before the flood, rearrange the land mass as was suggested occurred when the waters of the deep sprang forth most certainly could have covered the planet, and
    altered the surface too.. .…

Basic science tells us that the land masses move by slow continental drift over millions of years due to the massive forces exerted on the earths crust from the gigantic convection currents of molten rock below -flood water is not necessary for this process nor is it physically possible for flood water to move entire continents! -if you say it is possible than explain the physics involved.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 21:02
    [b]…It’s on, in, or above the earth now...…

-if the flood water is “in” the earth then why is there no evidence of underground oceans of flood water (such underground oceans would be easily detected by measuring how th ...[text shortened]... d water to move entire continents! -if you say it is possible than explain the physics involved.[/b]
    You do understand that water, even now is either on, in, or above the
    earth. Simply having water on the earth 200 years ago does not mean
    it hasn't filtered into the earth, or got evaperated either, or been in
    all three places one time or another.
    Kelly
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 21:05
    [b]…It’s on, in, or above the earth now...…

-if the flood water is “in” the earth then why is there no evidence of underground oceans of flood water (such underground oceans would be easily detected by measuring how th ...[text shortened]... d water to move entire continents! -if you say it is possible than explain the physics involved.[/b]
    Basic science tells us there are events that can cause land mass to
    change quickly too, now we are just discussing how much is possible
    at any given time. If events are local massive changes can occur if
    they are global, then I'd suggest massive changes can occur.
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 21:18
    You do understand that water, even now is either on, in, or above the
    earth. Simply having water on the earth 200 years ago does not mean
    it hasn't filtered into the earth, or got evaperated either, or been in
    all three places one time or another.
    Kelly
    …You do understand that water, even now is either on, in, or above the
    earth. ......

Err -actually I do understand this for I have studied science.
    But the quantities of water needed for a WWF would make the hypotheses that ALL that flood water could have evaporated off or “filtered” into the earth physically absurd.

If you say it evaporated off then it is physically impossible for the atmosphere to suspended, in the form of water vapour, anything like that quantity of water needed to flood all the land for it would just precipitate out once it reaches 100% relative humidity well before this.

If you say it “filtered” into the earth then I presume you mean the soil soaked it all up? But soil has only a limited capacity to absorb water and one cubic meter of soil cannot absorb 1000 cubic meters of water!
    If it isn’t mainly in the soil now then where do you say most of this water is?

If you say it is still “on” the Earth then we are still flooded!
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 21:22
    [b]…You do understand that water, even now is either on, in, or above the
    earth. ......

Err -actually I do understand this for I have studied science.
    But the quantities of water needed for a WWF would make the hypotheses that ALL that flood water could have evaporated off or “filtered” into the earth physically absurd.

If you say it ...[text shortened]... u say most of this water is?

If you say it is still “on” the Earth then we are still flooded![/b]
    Think outside the box, if the ground were to level completely would
    the water be able to cover the planet? It does not have to level
    completely, but the fact that it could should stop all debate on it
    cannot happen due to there is either to much or not enough water.
    Kelly
  11. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 21:25
    Basic science tells us there are events that can cause land mass to
    change quickly too, now we are just discussing how much is possible
    at any given time. If events are local massive changes can occur if
    they are global, then I'd suggest massive changes can occur.
    Kelly
    …Basic science tells us there are events that can cause land mass to
    change quickly too,......

Err - that simply isn’t true -which basic science are you referring to?
    No science suggests that the land masses move “quickly” -the study of continental drift has proved that they take millions of years to just move a few kilometres ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_drift )
    Can you show me any science website that contradicts this?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 21:34
    [b]…Basic science tells us there are events that can cause land mass to
    change quickly too,......

Err - that simply isn’t true -which basic science are you referring to?
    No science suggests that the land masses move “quickly” -the study of continental drift has proved that they take millions of years to just move a few kilometres ( http:// ...[text shortened]... kipedia.org/wiki/Continental_drift )
    Can you show me any science website that contradicts this?[/b]
    Have you seen a volcano erupt, the land masses around them do
    rather get changed very quickly, islands appeared, valleys can occur
    and we are talking about a global event where the all the water with
    in the planet all sprung forth at the same time, there was more than
    a little earth changing going on at that time, it was a catastrophic
    event. Read the text, there was more than a gentle rain fall taking
    place at that time.
    Kelly
  13. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 21:40
    Have you seen a volcano erupt, the land masses around them do
    rather get changed very quickly, islands appeared, valleys can occur
    and we are talking about a global event where the all the water with
    in the planet all sprung forth at the same time, there was more than
    a little earth changing going on at that time, it was a catastrophic
    event. Read the text, there was more than a gentle rain fall taking
    place at that time.
    Kelly
    …Have you seen a volcano erupt, the land masses around them do
    rather get changed very quickly, islands appeared,.....

Yes -but not continents (I assume that is what you meant by “land masses&ldquo😉 -and volcanic eruptions couldn’t suddenly cause a WWF (if that is what you are implying?)
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 21:51
    The dinosaurs died off like all other creatures that died off, something
    they needed was gone, or something they couldn't handle was
    introduced to where they were. They had to have been on the Ark too,
    as all other land creatures.
    Kelly
    If that was the case, Noah had some bitchin cages. I would have enjoyed seeing him put the Velaca Raptors in theirs.
  15. Joined
    24 Mar '07
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 22:27
    This is a good flood debate but the original post was about the creation museum. If we are going to debate the possibility of a flood we should start a new thread. I would still like to hear what the person thought about the museum.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree