1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 19:421 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    RHP Spirituality Forum: "Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after." Not Agerg or GB.
    Likewise ...
    RHP Spirituality Forum: "Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after." Not attempting to intimidate others by citing dubiously relevant forum guidelines with the implicit threat that they are facing a ban
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 19:50
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The correct answers to the following questions will absolutely be "the most important knowledge that a human being could possibly possess" in his/her entire life.

1. What criteria makes up the foundation of true religion?

2. What criteria makes up the foundation of false religion?

If a person does not know the answers to these questions ....they will ...[text shortened]... e not debatable.

That which is true is always true / and that which is false is always false.
    "1. What criteria makes up the foundation of true religion?"

God's Word.

"2. What criteria makes up the foundation of false religion?"

Man's word.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 20:04
    "Support: Terms of Service

6. MEMBER CONDUCT
    You agree to not use the Service to:
    "Stalk" or otherwise harass another user.

23. VIOLATIONS
    Please report any violations of the TOS to the site administrators."
    I don't think the site administrators are paying any attention.

I wonder why so many ad hominem attacks are left unchecked!
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 20:07
    Originally posted by josephw
    You think an ad hominem is an "attack" and should be "checked" by the site administration?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 20:13
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Remember Dasa's MO? Make a statement, then let it brew for a couple of months before there is a reply? I asked him a question in the last post he made but so far no answer so don't hold your breath waiting for answers.
    I don't bother with him either.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 20:19
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Likewise ...
    RHP Spirituality Forum: "Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after." [b]Not attempting to intimidate others by citing dubiously relevant forum guidelines with the implicit threat that they are facing a ban
    [/b]
    Only the violators of site terms of service and forum guidelines need to be threatened by reminders of Russ' authority.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 20:22
    Originally posted by josephw
    I don't think the site administrators are paying any attention.

Joe, they have their priorities which are in synch with site policy and objectives. Benefit of the doubt still rules the day.
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 20:41
    Only the violators of site terms of service and forum guidelines need to be threatened by reminders of Russ' authority.
    For the life of me... I'm having such trouble getting my browser to render any page that describes John 8:7

Would you do the honours grampy?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 00:05
    Why not just stop threatening people?

When miffed by people's criticism of your conduct and the content of your posts you make petty threats invoking Russ. But when asked to speak out about more important matters where your own principles and beliefs seem tested and found wanting, you talk about just 'leaving it to God'. 😀
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 00:492 edits
    Originally posted by Agerg
    For the life of me... I'm having such trouble getting my browser to render any page that describes John 8:7

Would you do the honours grampy?
    The Adulterous Woman: John 8: 1 "But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 Early in the morning He came again into the temple, and all the people were coming to Him; and He sat down and began to teach them. 3 The scribes and the Pharisees *brought a woman caught in adultery, and having set her in the center of the court, 4 they *said to Him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women; what then do You say?” 6 They were saying this, testing Him, so that they might have grounds for accusing Him. But Jesus stooped down and with His finger wrote on the ground. 7 But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again He stooped down and wrote on the ground. 9 When they heard it, they began to go out one by one, beginning with the older ones, and He was left alone, and the woman, where she was, in the center of the court. 10 Straightening up, Jesus said to her, “Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?” 11 She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more.” Jesus Is the Light of the World: 12 "Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, “I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.” Sure, Agerg. And biblical context matters.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 00:54
    ...Sure, Agerg. And context matters.
    The "context" ~ which matters ~ is an online community in which you yourself are not averse to making caustic and contemptuous personal remarks about the personalities and contributions of people who make dissenting and critical remarks about what you post and your behaviour. Lest we forget, you have been called out for trolling the community on several occasions. 😉
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 01:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    The "context" ~ which matters ~ is an online community in which you yourself are not averse to making caustic and contemptuous personal remarks about the personalities and contributions of people who make dissenting and critical remarks about what you post and your behaviour. Lest we forget, you have been called out for trolling the community on several occasions. 😉
    The "context" is the Word of God, the only source of absolute truth available to mankind. It reveals the Mind of Christ.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 01:10
    The "context" is the Word of God, the only source of absolute truth available to mankind. It reveals the Mind of Christ.
    No, the context of your self-righteous bleating, and Agerg's implied appeal for you to stop with your hypocritical 'throwing of stones', is this community and its comings and goings. 😉
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 01:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, the context of your self-righteous bleating, and Agerg's implied appeal for you to stop with your hypocritical 'throwing of stones', is this community and its comings and goings. 😉
    Whatever you say, boss. No further replies until it becomes apparent that you're objectively seeking the truth about Christ.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Dec '14 01:32
    Whatever you say, boss. No further replies until it becomes apparent that you're objectively seeking the truth about Christ.
    I am an ex-Christian and non-believer in terms of what you just so happen to believe about Christ. I am here to discuss and debate spirituality issues more broadly although the interpersonal and intellectual difficulties that many of the Christians here ~ such as yourself ~ seem to have when interacting with each other and with people whose spiritual paths are different from yours is certainly a fascinating human landscape to witness and explore.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree