You Will Know Them by Their Fruits.

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @rajk999
If i lived at the time of Christ i would have been a disciple of Christ.

You would have been the crooked thief on the cross demanding that Christ save himself and you.
There you go again, puffing out your chest and condemning people so you can feel righteous. Disgraceful.

Hear the words of Jesus:

“And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.”

(Luke 18:9-14)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
There you go again, puffing out your chest and condemning people so you can feel righteous. Disgraceful.

Hear the words of Jesus:

“And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

The Pharisee ...[text shortened]... lteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.”

(Luke 18:9-14)
The boasting comes from your camp.. you have eternal life and NOT EVEN GOD can take it away....

Now that is the height of arrogance and boasting

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Mar 18

The boasting comes from your camp.. you have eternal life and NOT EVEN GOD can take it away....

Now that is the height of arrogance and boasting
God decided to give eternal life to all those who accept Jesus Christ into their hearts. God decided that those who have sincerely accepted Christ would receive the gift of God’s Holy Spirit indwelling them and inherit eternal life.

I didn’t decide any of that.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 Mar 18

God decided to give eternal life to all those who accept Jesus Christ into their hearts. God decided that those who have sincerely accepted Christ would receive the gift of God’s Holy Spirit indwelling them and inherit eternal life.

I didn’t decide any of that.
You decided YOU are in that camp, when it is Jesus who decides who is sincere, and who inherits eternal life.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 18

You decided YOU are in that camp, when it is Jesus who decides who is sincere, and who inherits eternal life.
I’ve accepted Jesus Christ into my heart and have received God’s Holy Spirit indwelling me. Everyone on earth can choose to do the same. If they are sincere in their acceptance of Christ, God’s Holy Spirit will indwell them and begin to change their heart, and, consequently, their behavior.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Mar 18

I’ve accepted Jesus Christ into my heart and have received God’s Holy Spirit indwelling me. Everyone on earth can choose to do the same. If they are sincere in their acceptance of Christ, God’s Holy Spirit will indwell them and begin to change their heart, and, consequently, their behavior.
IF.

F

Moves
06 Mar 18

What evidence of any of this are you displaying in your demeanour and behaviour? You just seem like a charmless, meanspirited, puerile big mouth with online disinhibition. Are "Jesus" and "God’s Holy Spirit" simply having no discernible effect on you?

T

Moves
06 Mar 18
2 edits

IF.
Not only IF they are "sincere". According to Jesus only IF they KEEP His commandments.

John 14
16“I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; 17that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.
18“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19“After a little while the world will no longer see Me, but you will see Me; because I live, you will live also. 20“In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 21“He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him.” ?” 23Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. 24“He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father’s who sent Me.

The contingency of KEEPing His commandments also explains the diametrically opposing views held by many Christians who believe that "they are sincere in their acceptance of Christ" and have " God’s Holy Spirit".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 18

IF.
Yes, the “If” refers to everybody. One only knows if his or her acceptance of Christ was sincere. Mine was. I can’t speak for others, though I strongly suspect, regarding several Christian brothers and sisters I’ve met, that their acceptance also was sincere.

“The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”

(Romans 8:16-18)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
What evidence of any of this are you displaying in your demeanour and behaviour? You just seem like a charmless, meanspirited, puerile big mouth with online disinhibition. Are "Jesus" and "God’s Holy Spirit" simply having no discernible effect on you?
Haters gonna hate!

F

Moves
06 Mar 18
1 edit

Haters gonna hate!
What evidence of anything you claim about yourself - i.e. the effect of supernatural beings on your behaviour - can you point to?

F

Moves
06 Mar 18

Yes, the “If” refers to everybody. One only knows if his or her acceptance of Christ was sincere. Mine was.
What evidence is there that you are "sincere" and that it has changed you in any way? Is your posting here in this community indicative of "Jesus" and "God's Holy Spirit" working through you or in you?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Mar 18

Yes, the “If” refers to everybody. One only knows if his or her acceptance of Christ was sincere. Mine was. I can’t speak for others, though I strongly suspect, regarding several Christian brothers and sisters I’ve met, that their acceptance also was sincere.

“The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

And i ...[text shortened]... are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”

(Romans 8:16-18)
Heirs and children of God .. of course.

What did Paul say that these children of God must do.?
What are the consequences of disobedience to God?
For your own sake I hope you know.
HINT : It is a worse fate than an infidel or unbeliever.

So I suggest that you stop your boasting that you are saved with one mouth.
And then with your other mouth proclaiming that you continue to live a sinful life.
Good luck with that attitude.

F

Moves
06 Mar 18

I’ve accepted Jesus Christ into my heart and have received God’s Holy Spirit indwelling me.
Matthew 7: 19-20: Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits.

What are your "fruits"?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Matthew 7: 19-20: Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits.

What are your "fruits"?
3 Rhp accounts ?