Weekend Christians

I got no time for them
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 00:01
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Dumbo the Elephant is back!
    I can see the love of Christ in your reply. By your fruits you will be known child of Satan.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 00:06
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Matthew 7
    12“In everything, therefore, [b]treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this [IS] the Law and the Prophets.

Matthew 22
    37Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”[/b]
    So does Jesus want to be rejected on the day of Judgement? Or is Jesus a hypocrite? Or is it that you are a Child of Satan?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 02:38
    Originally posted by @eladar
    I can see the love of Christ in your reply. By your fruits you will be known child of Satan.
    He didn't start anything
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 03:42
    Originally posted by @eladar
    The love of Christ is what enables the sheep to know who is who.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 04:05
    [b]How is your opposing Jesus Christ different ?

1) I am advocating for the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
    2) The scribes and Pharisees were opposed to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

It's really simple.[/b]
    But you ignore all the times where Jesus speaks about faith and believing in Him?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 04:17
    [b]How is your opposing Jesus Christ different ?

1) I am advocating for the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
    2) The scribes and Pharisees were opposed to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

It's really simple.[/b]
    <<1) I am advocating for the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.
    2) The scribes and Pharisees were opposed to the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.>>

The scribes and Pharisees didn’t believe Jesus Christ was the Son of God and had the Romans crucify Him for blasphemy.

“And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.”

(John 8:23-24)
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 12:294 edits
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    “And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.”

Though ThinkOfOne is very fond of John chapter 8 I am pretty sure he regards these words as fictional embellishments added latter. To him they are not a part of Jesus ministry while He walked the earth.

A reasonable request would be for him to produce an ancient copy of the Gospel of John which does not include these words.

That is where the skilled textural critic would start - an ancient manuscript indicating those words were not in all the thousands of copies of sections or whole Gospel of John manuscripts.

Ie "This ancient copy of that section argues that the words sited are latter emendations artificially added by people with shady motives to create a legendary Jesus."
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 12:591 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship

Though ThinkOfOne is very fond of [b]John chapter 8
    I am pretty sure he regards t ...[text shortened]... atter emendations artificially added by people with shady motives to create a legendary Jesus."[/b]
    You continue to demonstrate your inability to understand the Bible.. There are several ways one can interpret what Jesus says here ..if ye believe not that I am he..

1. Professing belief with the mouth
    2. Believing in your heart such as praying to God, reading the Bible [as proposed by many Christians here]
    3. Believing and obeying God and the commandments of Christ.

You preach and promote #s 1 and 2 and you exclude #3 as a critical element in the belief process

The bible also has other teachings pertaining to belief, but you willfully ignore them because it runs contrary to your mouth worshiping doctrine.
    1. That even devils and evil beings / people believe that Jesus came, that he existed and that he died and was resurrected. Knowing this does not and can not quality one to inherit the Kingdom of God
    2. That Jesus Christ opposes proclaiming belief when ones works are evil.. a fact he clearly stated
    3. That the only people who inherit the Kingdom of God are those who obey the commandments of Christ [#3]and who live righteously and do good works.

Jesus Christ is in your mouth and not in your heart.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 14:543 edits
    You continue to demonstrate your inability to understand the Bible.. There are several ways one can interpret what Jesus says here ..if ye believe not that I am he..

1. Professing belief with the mouth
    2. Believing in your heart such as praying to God, reading the Bible [as proposed by many Christians here]
    3. Believing and obeying God and the ...[text shortened]... who live righteously and do good works.

Jesus Christ is in your mouth and not in your heart.
    Regarding the requirements for "eternal life" / "living in the Kingdom", Jesus emphasizes several at various times and in various ways spanning the gospel He preached during His ministry:
    1) Hear His word
    2) Understand His word
    3) Believe His word
    4) Follow His word
    5) Keep His word
    6) Abide in His word

Many seem to believe that Jesus intended that they need not do ALL of them for "eternal life" / "living in the Kingdom". That they need only "believe" and can disingenuously ignore all the other requirements.

It's easy to pluck a verse out of context that superficially seems to indicate that less than ALL of them are required. For example:
    John 5
    . 25“Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

"Hallelujah!!!!! Praise the Lord!!! One need only 'hear'". They do similarly with verses that seem to indicate that only "belief" is required.

For those who seek the truth of the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry as you do, such a conclusion is nonsense.

John 5
    28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 14:58
    Regarding the requirements for "eternal life" / "living in the Kingdom", Jesus emphasizes several at various times and in various ways spanning the gospel He preached during His ministry:
    1) Hear His word
    2) Understand His word
    3) Believe His word
    4) Follow His word
    5) Keep His word
    6) Abide in His word

Many seem to believe that Jesus intended t ...[text shortened]... th of the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry as you do, such a conclusion is nonsense.
    Correct.
    Many profess only 1, 2 and 3.
    But 4, 5 and 6 are the critical ones.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 15:033 edits
    Correct.
    Many profess only 1, 2 and 3.
    But 4, 5 and 6 are the critical ones.
    Of course if they truly heard and understood His word, they'd know that the others are also required. But they neither hear nor understand. Since they neither hear nor understand His word, neither can they "believe" His word.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 15:15
    1) Hear His word

And many times you demonstrate that you intend NOT to hear His words.

2) Understand His word

And you demonstrate that often you don't either BELIEVE His word OR understand it.

Further ... you demonstrate that you do want to understand it.

3) Believe His word

And at times you demonstrate that you will disbelieve His word.

Of course such disbelief is postured as rather confidentially holding that He didn't SPEAK those words in the first place.
    Ie. "They are not a part of the ministry of Jesus as He walked the earth."

You are arbitrarily cherry picking what you intend to discard in the ministry of Jesus.

4) Follow His word

And you often demonstrate:
    1.) It is impossible for anyone to follow His word.
    2.) Words of Christ you don't want to follow you rationalize are not His word.

5) Keep His word

And you demonstrate that considerable numbers of words of Christ you intend to oppose and fight against.

You intend to discard rather than keep much of His word and teach others how to discard them as well.

6) Abide in His word

And you demonstrate that it is your opinion about "another Jesus" you want to "abide" in.

You have much more in common with the religionists who condemned Him to be crucified then you have with Jesus and His closest followers.

You should repent and change your way of thinking about Jesus.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 15:21
    Luke 6
    43[b]“For there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, on the other hand, a bad tree which produces good fruit.
    44“For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush. 45“The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil ...[text shortened]... , outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.[/b]
    How many good acts makes one good?

In fact, what does it mean to be good?

Was Christ right? There is none good but God?
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 15:291 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    1) Hear His word

And many times you demonstrate that you intend NOT to hear His words.

2) Understand His word

And you demonstrate t ...[text shortened]... us and His closest followers.

You should repent and change your way of thinking about Jesus.
    Rather it is YOUR doctrine that I don't "believe". YOUR doctrine flies in the face of the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

Interesting that you chose not to address the "meat" of my post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree