are the americans just missing the point..?

are the americans just missing the point..?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
05 Dec 06

Originally posted by Red Night
Sorry Palynka. I've always liked you.

My comments about parochialism were not directed at you, or dyl, or mtthw, or anyone else who was being sensible.

They were directed at those who were flat-out bashing america and american sports.
😉 No worries, mate. I see it now.

h

Cosmos

Moves
06 Dec 06

Originally posted by Red Night
Sorry Palynka. I've always liked you.

My comments about parochialism were not directed at you, or dyl, or mtthw, or anyone else who was being sensible.

They were directed at those who were flat-out bashing america and american sports.
America's love affair with insipid, over-hyped tedious sports such as baseball and American "football" (cough, cough) is indicative of their shallow, vacuous society where fast-food rules and words like foetus have to be simplified so that their moronic populus can spell properly.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
06 Dec 06
1 edit

Originally posted by howardgee
America's love affair with insipid, over-hyped tedious sports such as baseball and American "football" (cough, cough) is indicative of their shallow, vacuous society where fast-food rules and words like foetus have to be simplified so that their moronic populus can spell properly.
LMFAO!

"moronic populus" ?????

"so that their moronic populus can spell properly" ????

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

Are we teaching our poplar trees to spell now?

Or are you part of the most moronic populous on the site?

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
06 Dec 06

Ouch.
Don't you hate that? Slagging off at someone for their spelling and then stuffing it up yourself ...

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
06 Dec 06

Originally posted by amannion
Ouch.
Don't you hate that? Slagging off at someone for their spelling and then stuffing it up yourself ...
Ha Ha Ha Ha

I'm still laughing.

I hate the spelling police on this site.

But, this one was too good to let go.

h

Cosmos

Moves
06 Dec 06

Ouch.
The intentional irony went right over your heads.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
06 Dec 06

The intentional irony went right over your heads.
How is that ironic?
I'd just call it stupidity.

h

Cosmos

Moves
06 Dec 06

How is that ironic?
I'd just call it stupidity.
do you know what irony is?

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
06 Dec 06

I've got a fair idea.

h

Cosmos

Moves
06 Dec 06

I've got a fair idea.
well, then you should understand it.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
06 Dec 06

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Do you?????

This is the best laugh I've had in weeks.

NS
blunderer of pawns

Rhode (not an)Island

Moves
06 Dec 06
1 edit

It may have escaped your notice, but this thread was evolving nicely into a civilized discussion and debate about the differences and similarities between the sports that we play. I've enjoyed reading about cricket, and its vast differences from baseball in the Youtube thread, and I've enjoyed participating in discussions explaining the nuances of American football to the uninitiated.

If you would like to join our discussion, by adding some relevant insight or thoughtful questions, you're more than welcome to. If, instead, all you wish to do is to continue vomiting your vitriolic anti-America rant all over this thread, then I will ignore you from here on out. And I would ask the other participants of this and other threads to do the same.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
06 Dec 06

h

Cosmos

Moves
06 Dec 06

Originally posted by Natural Science
It may have escaped your notice, but this thread was evolving nicely into a civilized discussion and debate about the differences and similarities between the sports that we play. I've enjoyed reading about cricket, and its vast differences from baseball in the Youtube thread, and I've enjoyed participating in discussions explaining the nuances of A ...[text shortened]... ere on out. And I would ask the other participants of this and other threads to do the same.
see you then.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
06 Dec 06

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Should be on a honeymoon getting busy with the wifey?