Ashes 2017

Ashes 2017

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Class Blunderer

On a train somewhere

Moves
25 Jan 18

Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
Both leftie spinners, of whom there seems to be very few around at the moment!
I know. It’s basically Herath, Jadeja and Shakib. That’s it. And outside of Asia, Shakib is pretty much useless, Herath nowhere near as dangerous and Jadeja the great unknown. It’s incredible to think that the Number 1 Test bowler in the world (which is what Jadeja is ranked) has played 1 Test outside of Asia in the last 3 years. Never bowled in Australia, and his record in England is beyond poor.

Moves
28 Jan 18

And left arm spinners turn it away (from right handed batsmen), with less effort than leggies. England have traditionally always had at least one

Back to the tour, see we shared the last 2 ODI , so the final score is 5-4 to Oz

Good effort from England in an away tour. 😉

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
29 Jan 18

Oh, but he does, more than any of us.

Can bring up endless chirruping from him about Aussie World Cup wins (all 1 day stuff, of course) and the rankings of Aussie in 1 day and T20 being (at one time) above England
Nice to see you missing me champ.

Sorry the Ashes winning party has been kicking on forever over here and I haven't had a chance to get on here much. To much partying and celebrating unfortunately.

So you mentioned that there is some one day series on at the moment that is totally meaningless and the winner gets.........nothing.

Who won? Too busy celebrating the Ashes win to catch any of it. Surprised the Aussies could even field a team after winning the Ashes in so much style.

You mentioned the World Cup. Are you implying that an unimportant 5 game series between 2 teams is as important as the World Cup?

The only one day series of any importance is the World Cup and we've won 4 of the last 5 and 6 overall. You guys have never lifted the trophy and I doubt ever will.

Anyway, back to the Ashes party......here we go here we go..........

Moves
29 Jan 18
1 edit

Not me been missing you , Champ.

If you can find one post in which that is said, please copy it. What you posted above doesn't imply 'missing'at all.

So now 1 day cricket doesn't count? You change your opinion more than your undies!

How about your all important 'rankings'? Think you'll find England ahead in 2/3

5-4. Not a bad return for an away tour these days

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
29 Jan 18

Not me been missing you , Champ.

If you can find one post in which that is said, please copy it. What you posted above doesn't imply 'missing'at all.

So now 1 day cricket doesn't count? You change your opinion more than your undies!

How about your all important 'rankings'? Think you'll find England ahead in 2/3

5-4. Not a bad return for an away tour these days
How many tests did you blokes win?

A meaningless one day series is just that. Nobody cares. If it was a World Cup then OK the Aussies would have tried a bit. We usually win the ones that count.

The Ashes is the biggie and we flogged your lot 4 blot.

Now.......back to the party.........here we go here we go here...........

Moves
29 Jan 18
1 edit

Watched us winning the last one over here last night.

It seems 60 000 or so of your Aussie mates cared enough to rock up to watch.

Quite a contrast to the desolate empty arenas that watched the Tests

5-4. Honorable loss, Champ

PS no engagement with 2 of my points from previous post

a) I am NOT missing you, despite you lying about it

b) care to tell us the state of play in the 3 ranking tables?

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
30 Jan 18

Watched us winning the last one over here last night.

It seems 60 000 or so of your Aussie mates cared enough to rock up to watch.

Quite a contrast to the desolate empty arenas that watched the Tests

5-4. Honorable loss, Champ

PS no engagement with 2 of my points from previous post

a) I am NOT missing you, despite you lying about it

b) care to tell us the state of play in the 3 ranking tables?
Man your are soooooooooo dumb.

2017 Ashes set attendance records. See articles below

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/ashes-breaks-adelaide-oval-crowd-record

http://www.qldcricket.com.au/news/gabba-test-welcomes-record-crowds/2017-11-26

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/boxing-day-ashes-test-record-crowds-expected-at-mcg/news-story/387121a98858686eb490679fdcd67125

Mate, you should check your facts before you make a goose of yourself.

4-0 end of story. Now back to the Ashes victory party... here we go here we go here we......

Moves
30 Jan 18
1 edit

Still 60 000 at the last one day game in the meaningless series.

Obviously mattered to 60k Aussies

Just saying what I saw on TV regarding the crowds at the Tests. Maybe some of the Aussie grounds (like Adelaide?) just are so large that 20/30k get lost in there.

It has been mentioned on this and other threads before.

You saying that the average Test attendance was greater than the average for the 5 ODIs?

Or not. I may get back to you with the figures.

There you went, there you went in the last 5 matches.

5-4. Honourable defeat

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
30 Jan 18

Still 60 000 at the last one day game in the meaningless series.

Obviously mattered to 60k Aussies

Just saying what I saw on TV regarding the crowds at the Tests. Maybe some of the Aussie grounds (like Adelaide?) just are so large that 20/30k get lost in there.

It has been mentioned on this and other threads before.

You saying that t ...[text shortened]... the figures.

There you went, there you went in the last 5 matches.

5-4. Honourable defeat
Hey champ

For someone who in the past claimed they weren't interested in ODI's you've sure changed your tune.

The Ashes series (who cares about a meaningless ODI series) Australia 4 wins........England a big fat ZERO. Blasted your lot of the park.

Oh.......and check your facts before you spout rubbish on here in future. 2017/18 was the 2nd most attended Test series in Ashes history.

Adelaide oval in fact was packed. Hardly a seat to be had. The ground holds a capacity of 60,000 and on day one over 55,000 attended. Man you must have been watching with your eyes closed.

Now back to the victory party I go. It's still going off over here. Probably be partying until we whip your butts in the next one.

Take care champ !!

Moves
30 Jan 18

So, which had highest average attendance from the Oz public?

Tests or ODI?

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
30 Jan 18
1 edit

So, which had highest average attendance from the Oz public?

Tests or ODI?
hey champ

So what you're saying is that you're more interested in ODI's than test match cricket now. Typical. If I was a pommie I probably would as well. Your test team is deplorable !!!

What an Ashes series. 4-0 victors. Total thrashing. Love watching you pommies squirm. Next you'll be bringing up 20/20 cricket. Bwahahahahahaha !!

Moves
30 Jan 18
3 edits

Not me, Champ

Just trying to establish the priorities of the Aussie public

I am guessing that your constant none answer means that you accept the ODIs had higher attendance than the Tests?

In a series that no one cares about over there?

As I said, 5-4 is an honourable result. Think we can both agree the T20s aren't worth any comment, so the tour is done.

And your reading isn't too good, or you just don't comprehend too well. Where did I say I was more interested in ODIs than the Tests?

In anticipation of no answer

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
31 Jan 18

Not me, Champ

Just trying to establish the priorities of the Aussie public

I am guessing that your constant none answer means that you accept the ODIs had higher attendance than the Tests?

In a series that no one cares about over there?

As I said, 5-4 is an honourable result. Think we can both agree the T20s aren't worth any comment, ...[text shortened]... . Where did I say I was more interested in ODIs than the Tests?

In anticipation of no answer
Champ, you're delusional.

Do you honestly believe that a win in a meaningless ODI is equivalent to an Ashes test win ? ! ?

5-4 !!!!!!!!! More like 41-4. An Ashes test victory is worth 10 meaningless ODI victories.

Try to justify the English cricket team all you like champ but the fact is they were whooped and we have the Ashes.

Have a nice day champ !!!!!!!!

Moves
31 Jan 18
1 edit

Champ

Is there any chance that you will ever admit that more Aussies turned up to watch the ODIs than the Tests on average?

Hence, which are your fellow countrymen more interested in?

Is that a difficult concept for your pea brain to absorb.

Doesn't matter what you or I or Karoly or Bob think, clearly ODIs matter more to the Aussie public. Fact. Supported by the attendance figures.

So, 5-4 and an honourable loss

Have a g'day

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
31 Jan 18
1 edit

Champ

Is there any chance that you will ever admit that more Aussies turned up to watch the ODIs than the Tests on average?

Hence, which are your fellow countrymen more interested in?

Is that a difficult concept for your pea brain to absorb.

Doesn't matter what you or I or Karoly or Bob think, clearly ODIs matter more to the Aussie p ...[text shortened]... c. Fact. Supported by the attendance figures.

So, 5-4 and an honourable loss

Have a g'day
Hey again Champ

Each test match had at least 3 to 4 times the crowd of each ODI. Satisfied. I was trying to not make you look any sillier than you already do.

You keep living in your deluded world where you believe a ODI game is equivalent to an Ashes test match. Hey.....and the Easter Bunny is real and brings eggs to your house each Easter as well doesn't he !!

Man.....there's one born every minute