1. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Nov '10 10:24
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    That's no pageantry. That's a rabble of skunk drunk Scots. Quite frightening! No wonder the Romans built a wall to keep y'all out of the other half of the isle! The few women who dared march looked like Brunhilde's dour little sister, Flosshilde!

I was wrong about Cowboys-Broncos. That's next weekend. For Cowboys it's way worse. They play the packers! Mark a big L next to this game!
    na, the people love us, were just spreading the love, its the English fans who are the malicious ones, they cannae handle their booze and get all aggressive, the only thing you need to worry about from us is running out of money to buy more refreshments, the only thing we need to worry about is going home penniless to her indoors!

I heard that the owners of the cowboys is real meddlesome and the coach a yes man, can you confirm or deny these accusations. Also what does getting, 'canned', mean?
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '10 11:361 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    na, the people love us, were just spreading the love, its the English fans who are the malicious ones, they cannae handle their booze and get all aggressive, the only thing you need to worry about from us is running out of money to buy more refreshments, the only thing we need to worry about is going home penniless to her indoors!

I heard that t ...[text shortened]... a yes man, can you confirm or deny these accusations. Also what does getting, 'canned', mean?
    Canned means fired, sacked, pink slipped! Indeed Cowboys owner is medlesome, intrusive and can be faulted for the bad drafts all these years. Phillips is indeed a yes man extraordinaire. Cowboys can't land a decent coach because the real ones won't coach for Jerry!

You know what i say about you Scots is with great affection. Any people needing to be walled up for ferociousness are my kind of people. That rally is sure impressive. Nationalism at its best! HOwever, you must admit Brunnehilde and Flosshilde are most definitly in attendance! Going back home to either of those two and penniless sounds frightening indeed!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Nov '10 12:061 edit
    Canned means fired, sacked, pink slipped! Indeed Cowboys owner is medlesome, intrusive and can be faulted for the bad drafts all these years. Phillips is indeed a yes man extraordinaire. Cowboys can't land a decent coach because the real ones won't coach for Jerry!

You know what i say about you Scots is with great affection. Any people needing to be ...[text shortened]... in attendance! Going back home to either of those two and penniless sounds frightening indeed!
    Lol, do you think that Josh MacDaniels will get canned?

It makes no sense for an owner to hire someone and then not let him do his job,they try the same thing here with soccer coaches, but the best do not tolerate it.

What you see in the Scots is pure tribalism, but its good humoured, nothing sinister about it, we come, we take over your city, we spend all our money, we go home, your happy were happy. Och the Scots women are long suffering and kind, its the young ones that harbour pretensions of sobriety, but they soon learn 🙂
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '10 16:16
    Lol, do you think that Josh MacDaniels will get canned?

It makes no sense for an owner to hire someone and then not let him do his job,they try the same thing here with soccer coaches, but the best do not tolerate it.

What you see in the Scots is pure tribalism, but its good humoured, nothing sinister about it, we come, we take over your city ...[text shortened]... fering and kind, its the young ones that harbour pretensions of sobriety, but they soon learn 🙂
    I once read a book about the immeasurable contribution of Scotland to the wolrd. I have nothing but admiration for you Scots. Nonetheless you have been a fearsome bunch throughout history indeed!

JOsh McDaniels and Phillips are quite likely to get canned before the season's over. McDaniels is more vulnerable because Bronco's owner is way more irascible and impatient then Jerry Jones is. Owner meddling will prevent Dallas from ever attaining it's once lofty heights. Same has happened in Oakland. Raiders are a mess since Al Davis decided to become meddlesome.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Nov '10 18:11
    I once read a book about the immeasurable contribution of Scotland to the wolrd. I have nothing but admiration for you Scots. Nonetheless you have been a fearsome bunch throughout history indeed!

JOsh McDaniels and Phillips are quite likely to get canned before the season's over. McDaniels is more vulnerable because Bronco's owner is way more irasci ...[text shortened]... Same has happened in Oakland. Raiders are a mess since Al Davis decided to become meddlesome.
    I not exactly disagreeing with you on purpose here Schazzi, but by the same token these so-called "meddlseome Owners" won their respectful organizations multiple titles with the exact same approach they have today. Al Davis and Jerry Jones have always been "meddlesome" when it comes to their respective teams. At least they're both football men - Davis more so than Jones. Jones was a player and co-captain at Arkansas winning the NC with Jimmy Johnson and Lance Alworth. Davis was a coach for decades eventually becoming Coach of the Year in the AFL for the Raiders. Furthermore, the Raiders are a team currently on the rise although they lost their best defensive player last week.
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Nov '10 18:19
    Canned means fired, sacked, pink slipped! Indeed Cowboys owner is medlesome, intrusive and can be faulted for the bad drafts all these years.
    What? You were just applauding him for not picking Randy Moss - one of the worst draft decision for his and 19 other teams in modern era!

I'm starting to think you are just bad-mouthing for the sake of hearing yourself type. 😛
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '10 19:24
    Originally posted by darvlay
    What? You were just applauding him for not picking Randy Moss - one of the worst draft decision for his and 19 other teams in modern era!

I'm starting to think you are just bad-mouthing for the sake of hearing yourself type. 😛
    My post said exaactly that I agreed with not drafting Moss. I never said I agred with his other decisions. The Cowboys have wn nothing since 1995 when JJ took the reins. That 95 SB win was with the team Jimmy Johnson was player and GM for, not Jerry. Do you really think because these people are football men they have the time to devote to the GM job? Jerry should stick to what he does best, ie, making loads of money and leave football to others. Raiders have won nothing since they were taken over by Al Davis. If Al Davis is such a hot GM why did he draft a #1 pick QB who was such an embarrassment he's considered the worst first pick of all time? How's that for a notch in your GM belt? Look at Dallas' drafts in the last few years and tell me how many drafted players are starters. Some are, but most have been busts and players a real GM would have passed on.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Nov '10 20:02
    Raiders have won nothing since they were taken over by Al Davis. If Al Davis is such a hot GM why did he draft a #1 pick QB who was such an embarrassment he's considered the worst first pick of all time? How's that for a notch in your GM belt? Look at Dallas' drafts in the last few years and tell me how many drafted players are starters. Some are, but most have been busts and players a real GM would have passed on.
    Tell me exactly - when do you think Al Davis took over the Raiders and do you believe 3 Superbowls is "nothing"? The decline of the Raiders clearly coincies with Al Davis' decline in health. My point is that Al Davis (and Jerry Jones) have always been meddlesome, as you call it, and it achieved them great success in the past. In actuality, they are the GM of the team so they are just doing their jobs. That goes for Jerry Jones too. You don't think he sat and let Jimmy make all the decisions in the draft and with trading Herschel Walker, etc? To correct you on another "fact" of yours - Jimmy Johnson was never the GM of the Cowboys.
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Nov '10 20:12
    I think your need to hate on players, coaches, athletes, celebrities, etc. is starting to cloud your ability to determine fact from fiction, Scacchi.
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '10 21:07
    Tell me exactly - when do you think Al Davis took over the Raiders and do you believe 3 Superbowls is "nothing"? The decline of the Raiders clearly coincies with Al Davis' decline in health. My point is that Al Davis (and Jerry Jones) have always been meddlesome, as you call it, and it achieved them great success in the past. In actuality, they are ...[text shortened]... ect you on another "fact" of yours - Jimmy Johnson was never the GM of the Cowboys.
    The Herschel Walker trade was Jimmy Johnson all the way. That's when Jerry decide that Jimmy was taking too much of the spotlight and fired him because he could not stand being second fiddle to a great coach! Jimmy was the GM. Jerry took over after he drunkedly stated 300 different coaches could have success with the Cowboys. There are celebrities and there are celebrities. How do you figure I hate celebrities? Where have I posted an untruth, hyperbole or innaccuracy regarding any of these people. Reality is reality, plain and simple. I hate orima donnas, that's all. Jerry is a dufus who knows how to make money and thinks he can coach by pulling the head coach's puppet strings. Al Davis' health has nothing to do with it. When he was less meddlesoome he had success with Tom Flores and JOhn Madden. Once he decided, like Jerry, that he knew better, the team declined. Proof is the coaching revolving door. Neither Raiders nor Cowboys will have decent coach until these two bozos decide to back off and stop meddling. There. What's hateful about that?
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 12:30
    We should have a new bowl and have a good name for it. It takes place this weekend. Broncos-Cowboys. Here's ideas:
    Sux Bowl
    Futility Bowl
    Jerry Bowl
    I Sux Less Than Wade Bowl
    Bumble Bowl
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 13:39
    We should have a new bowl and have a good name for it. It takes place this weekend. Broncos-Cowboys. Here's ideas:
    Sux Bowl
    Futility Bowl
    Jerry Bowl
    I Sux Less Than Wade Bowl
    Bumble Bowl
    Weiner Bowl
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 19:371 edit
    Weiner Bowl
    i don't know if you guys have seen this, you play to win the game, coaching rants, it was originally posted in the chess only forum, i think its awesome,

YouTube

🙂

i dedicate to the long suffering cowboy fans!
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 01:40
    i don't know if you guys have seen this, you play to win the game, coaching rants, it was originally posted in the chess only forum, i think its awesome,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLlIdZikDk

🙂

i dedicate to the long suffering cowboy fans!
    That's awesome! Cowboys could not pull any such thing off!
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Nov '10 08:58
    That's awesome! Cowboys could not pull any such thing off!
    LOL, its great isnt it, i love that dude Mora, and the coaches rant at the end against his teams 'taking the field', (not sure what that means) against the giants is just pure classic! Here we get rants from soccer coaches but they are so reserved and boring!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree