College football once stop thread!!

College football once stop thread!!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
30 Nov 10
4 edits

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
It's all in the recruiting! Coach Rod has a personality fit for waffle House, not head coaching. Look at what Pelini's awful personality will get Nebraska. Would any family want their kids playing for these two men? I will say about BSU that they get tremendous production with less and that coach is the real thing. So are Stoops, Sherman, Brown at Texas are too far back to qualify. That's why a playoff system would get rid of all the arguments!
BSU schedules who has the ballsz to play them; Oregon dropped them this year after losing to them the last two years. That's why Oregon even has a chance at the BCS title game. They played #10 Virginia Tech on a "neutral" field which was around the corner from VT but a couple thousand miles away from Idaho. In the meantime, every single one of Ohio State's non-confernece opponents had to travel to Columbus and three were mid-majors who would not be competitive in the WAC. As mentioned, Wisconsin struggled against San Jose State one of the worst teams in the WAC, a team Boise beat by about 50. And they managed to beat Arizona State, a team which is 3-5 in the PAC-10, by only one point (naturally they were at home; the top Big Ten schools rarely play out of conference road games).

The Big Ten is a joke.

EDIT: And while Cal almost beat Oregon and held their offense to 15 points, WAC team Nevada blasted the Golden Bears by 21 and put up 52 points against them! The top teams in the WAC can play with anybody.

EDIT2: Mighty Wisconsin did deign to travel to Las Vegas to play UNLV for their only out of conference road game. UNLV is 2-10 and one of the worst teams in the Mountain West, but Wisconsin led by only 17-14 at the half before pulling away for a 41-21 win. TCU travelled to UNLV and had no such problems; they won 48-6.

Wisconsin is the most overrated team in the country with Ohio State the second most overrated and Michigan State (which Notre Dame took to OT; Stanford blew the Irish off the field in South Bend) the third most overrated.

EDIT3: Powerhouse Michigan State played one out of conference road game also (same as Wisconsin and one more than Ohio State) against Florida Atlantic a 4-7 team from the Sun Belt conference. The Spartans won 30-17. FA has played two other teams from automatic BCS bid conferences and got waxed by South Florida 31-3 and crushed by below .500 Texas 51-17.

Tell me again how great the Big 10 is because they have three teams in the Top 10 and then tell me again how Boise State doesn't play anybody; I need a laugh.

q

Moves
30 Nov 10

Originally posted by no1marauder
BSU schedules who has the ballsz to play them; Oregon dropped them this year after losing to them the last two years. That's why Oregon even has a chance at the BCS title game. They played #10 Virginia Tech on a "neutral" field which was around the corner from VT but a couple thousand miles away from Idaho. In the meantime, every single one of Ohio State ...[text shortened]... in the Top 10 and then tell me again how Boise State doesn't play anybody; I need a laugh.
You are truly the most biased idiot I have ever met.

The Big 10 has three of the top 8 teams in the nation. Obviously no other conference can claim this. This should actually end all discussion on whether the Big 10 has top teams.

But the Big 10 has more than just three teams. It is so competitive that Michigan which finished tied for seventh in the Big 10 beat Notre Dame (who last week beat USC) and Connecticut by twenty which is likely to be the winner of the Big East. I don't see other conference with teams tied for seventh beating BCS winners and teams over .500.

M

Moves
30 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by quackquack

The Big 10 has three of the top 8 teams in the nation. Obviously no other conference can claim this. This should actually end all discussion on whether the Big 10 has top teams.

But the Big 10 has more than just three teams. It is so competitive that Michigan which finished tied for seventh i ...[text shortened]... don't see other conference with teams tied for seventh beating BCS winners and teams over .500.
Just because the winner of the Big East this season will be taking up space at one of the BCS bowls this year does not mean that anyone should be making any arguments that refer to that team as a "BCS winner".

q

Moves
30 Nov 10

Originally posted by Melanerpes
Just because the winner of the Big East this season will be taking up space at one of the BCS bowls this year does not mean that anyone should be making any arguments that refer to that team as a "BCS winner".
As weak as they are, they will win a BCS conference.

s

Moves
30 Nov 10

BSU schedules who has the ballsz to play them; Oregon dropped them this year after losing to them the last two years. That's why Oregon even has a chance at the BCS title game. They played #10 Virginia Tech on a "neutral" field which was around the corner from VT but a couple thousand miles away from Idaho. In the meantime, every single one of Ohio State ...[text shortened]... in the Top 10 and then tell me again how Boise State doesn't play anybody; I need a laugh.
No team is more overrated than a team unable to put away a lesser opponent like BSU failed to do. I am not talking up any other conferences, merely pointing out how bad BSU truly sucks. Their one and only highly ranked opponent showed them their hineys. Nuff said! Losing to a #19? That's your idea of a fearsome team? I think you are deluded by bias. Look at what A&M did to more highly ranked teams than BSU played. There's a tream with heart and not deluded by hearing from homeys like you about how great they are when they really suck. Live wit it. You were wrong and I was right! Auburn showed what BSU lacks. Big cojones! Off to the Humanitarian Bowl bSU goes! Heck they might lose that!

M

Moves
30 Nov 10
2 edits

As weak as they are, they will win a BCS conference.
And some team that deserves to play in one of the BCS bowls will be left out.

Perhaps there should be a requirement that if a conference winner isn't ranked in the top 20 at the end of the season, they should not get to play in a BCS bowl.

s

Moves
30 Nov 10

Perhaps there should be a requirement that if a conference winner isn't ranked in the top 20 at the end of the season, they should not get to play in a BCS bowl.
Excellent idea indeed! BCS should be reserved for the really good teams!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
30 Nov 10
1 edit

But the Big 10 has more than just three teams. It is so competitive that Michigan which finished tied for seventh i ...[text shortened]... don't see other conference with teams tied for seventh beating BCS winners and teams over .500.
Well reasoned retort you imbecile. Tulsa beat Notre Dame and Navy blew them out. And they still almost beat one of your "Top 8" teams. It's good your entire ridiculous conference has one win over a possible BCS team (don't count on UConn beating South Florida); so does Boise State (a much better one in Virginia Tech).

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
30 Nov 10

Excellent idea indeed! BCS should be reserved for the really good teams!
Any team that loses once in 25 games "sucks" according to you, moron, so I guess the stadiums would be empty.

s

Moves
01 Dec 10

Any team that loses once in 25 games "sucks" according to you, moron, so I guess the stadiums would be empty.
Stadia full of homey's like you, students and family. I am not the only one who thinks BSU sucks. Polsters, voters, computers, ie the comprehensive rankings place them behind teams you loathe like Wisconsin and STanford. Gee, methinks you bandy about the insults somewhat too easily and fail to look inward at yourself. Somehow the very insults you hurl about so liberally certainly appear way more applicable to you than any of the other posters, myself included, whom you have called morons, idiots, and imbeciles. Face it. We may be morons, but got it right whereas you got it wrong, which places you below moron? Yikes! I've stumbled upon a new psychometric!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Dec 10
1 edit

Stadia full of homey's like you, students and family. I am not the only one who thinks BSU sucks. Polsters, voters, computers, ie the comprehensive rankings place them behind teams you loathe like Wisconsin and STanford. Gee, methinks you bandy about the insults somewhat too easily and fail to look inward at yourself. Somehow the very insults you hurl a ...[text shortened]... you got it wrong, which places you below moron? Yikes! I've stumbled upon a new psychometric!
They're still rated in the top 10 by most; that "sucks" you pathetic moron? Of course, as screwed up as college football is it seems highly likely that all of the major BCS conference powers will get to duck them AGAIN this bowl season.

Actually, I quite like Stanford.

BTW, where is your prediction that Nevada would beat Boise State?

q

Moves
01 Dec 10
1 edit

Or perhaps major bowl games should be for teams in major conferences -- the ones who play tough games every week... not just one game in September. It is completely different to be in the SEC, Big 10 or Big 12 than in the WAC. Teams in major conferences have to overcome injuries and beat multiple top teams. It is a lot bigger an accomplishment than running up the score in an easy conference and crying that no one wants to play you.

s

Moves
01 Dec 10
1 edit

They're still rated in the top 10 by most; that "sucks" you pathetic moron? Of course, as screwed up as college football is it seems highly likely that all of the major BCS conference powers will get to duck them AGAIN this bowl season.

Actually, I quite like Stanford.

BTW, where is your prediction that Nevada would beat Boise State?
Look it up. Remember I mistakenly thought BSU was playing Utah when it was really Nevada. I predicted a BSU loss! No one ducks them. They simply suck and are overrated. Same as Texas was, except Texas actually played sevral top 20 teams. How many did BSU play? A fake VTech who then lost to Madison. Had it been any other team that would have tumbled BSU, but at the time they were the darlings of the voters because they beat TCU in a bowl game. BSU finaly plays a real team and loses. That =sux! It is really quite simple. No one has to duck teams that suck. Face it. Big10, SEC, Big12 and Pac10 are better conferences than BSU's. Otherwise they would not have dropped below OSU. One underrated team is Arkansas and also MIss ST.

Moves
01 Dec 10

BSU schedules who has the ballsz to play them; Oregon dropped them this year after losing to them the last two years. ...
Absolutely not true, and here you're just being ignorant. Oregon has a long, long history of scheduling 1 and 1's; a game on your field and a game on ours. We did that with Boise St. There are no other games scheduled with Boise St. because we took care of both scheduled games. On the contrary, it was Kansas St. that backed out on us this year and we had to schedule Portland St. instead.

Oregon does not back out of scheduled games. Be an idiot on your watch and don't invoke my Ducks.

Moves
01 Dec 10

F-Bomb warning, but this is a hilarious retread: