College football once stop thread!!

College football once stop thread!!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
Bowl predictions

Auburn vs. Oregon with Auburn in Fiesta Bowl winning.

Ohio State vs. any team outside of SEC in Sugar Bowl and they win. Otherwise they lose.

Wisconsin vs. generic team from PAC ten and win in Rose Bowl.

Virginia Tech loses to pretty much anyone that faces them in the Orange Bowl.
Don't you get a little tired of predicting Big Ten wins in bowl games? Even with their first winning record in 7 years last year, Big Ten teams are 19-31 in bowls since 2002.

w

Moves
28 Nov 10
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
Don't you get a little tired of predicting Big Ten wins in bowl games? Even with their first winning record in 7 years last year, Big Ten teams are 19-31 in bowls since 2002.
All I know is that OSU beat Oregon last year. In addition, from what I have seen of Wisconsin this year they could possibly beat an SEC team this year.

In short, from what I have seen lately I have very little respect for the Big 12 or the ACC or the PAC 10. The only respect that has been deserved is from the SEC. Mind you, I don't like the SEC, I just don't hide my head in the sand is all.

Of course, all I'm predicting are BCS bids. As for the rest of the bowls that is another matter.

g

Moves
28 Nov 10

Bowl predictions

Auburn vs. Oregon with Auburn in Fiesta Bowl winning.

Ohio State vs. any team outside of SEC in Sugar Bowl and they win. Otherwise they lose.

Wisconsin vs. generic team from PAC ten and win in Rose Bowl.

Virginia Tech loses to pretty much anyone that faces them in the Orange Bowl.
I think the Southeastern Conference Champion or runner up owns a automatic Sugar Bowl bid?

w

Moves
28 Nov 10
2 edits

Originally posted by gambit3
I think the Southeastern Conference Champion or runner up owns a automatic Sugar Bowl bid?
If you ask me, the SEC might as well play in all of them. In fact, if there was a playoff system of some kind what you would wind up with is a handfull of SEC teams at the end of every year fighting for a NC. I suppose perhaps this is the biggest argument against a playoff system. With the current system, other divisions get a chance to win some bowl games and pretend that there is still parity in college football.

As for my Buckeyes, they are 0-10 against SEC teams. I believe Tressel owns two of those loses.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Nov 10
1 edit

All I know is that OSU beat Oregon last year. In addition, from what I have seen of Wisconsin this year they could possibly beat an SEC team this year.

In short, from what I have seen lately I have very little respect for the Big 12 or the ACC or the PAC 10. The only respect that has been deserved is from the SEC. Mind you, I don't like the SEC, I just ourse, all I'm predicting are BCS bids. As for the rest of the bowls that is another matter.
A Stanford-Wisconsin Rose Bowl would be a very interesting matchup if the Rose Bowl passes on TCU (assuming Oregon and Auburn wins next week). If that happens, TCU-Oklahoma or Nebraska in the Fiesta would be a nice game.

EDIT: Reading the BCS selection rules and criteria here: http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bcs_selection_procedures.html

it appears that TCU would be an automatic qualifier from the non-AQ conferences and play in the Rose Bowl (presumably against Wisconsin) if Oregon makes it to the BCS title game i.e.

For the games of January 2011 through 2014, the first year the Rose Bowl loses a team to the NCG and a team from the non-AQ group is an automatic qualifier, that non-AQ team will play in the Rose Bowl.

g

Moves
28 Nov 10

If you ask me, the SEC might as well play in all of them. In fact, if there was a playoff system of some kind what you would wind up with is a handfull of SEC teams at the end of every year fighting for a NC. I suppose perhaps this is the biggest argument against a playoff system. With the current system, other divisions get a chance to win some bowl games ...[text shortened]... As for my Buckeyes, they are 0-10 against SEC teams. I believe Tressel owns two of those loses.
Looks like Arkansas will be in the Sugar Bowl. How to beat Arkansas? Well first thing to do is take your team to see Tusk. Next thing to do is feed your team pork. That way your team will be powered by pork and maybe they will have the spirit of the wilie warrior during the game. Next thing to do is play 5 defensive backs every down when Arkansas has the ball. You might also hope that the Spirit of LSU aids you. After that you are on your own.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Nov 10

Looks like Arkansas will be in the Sugar Bowl. How to beat Arkansas? Well first thing to do is take your team to see Tusk. Next thing to do is feed your team pork. That way your team will be powered by pork and maybe they will have the spirit of the wilie warrior during the game. Next thing to do is play 5 defensive backs every down when Arkansas has the ball. You might also hope that the Spirit of LSU aids you. After that you are on your own.
The Sugar Bowl will have the first two choices of at large teams, but it doesn't have to take a SEC team (assuming the SEC Champion is in the title game). It does seems probable they will take Arkansas v. Ohio State; the other logical possibilities are Stanford and Boise State.

g

Moves
28 Nov 10

The Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl ,Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl, and the Championship Game are BCS. The top 10 BCS teams should be in these bowl games. As far as Arkansas is concerned they a attractive to the Cotton Bowl and maybe the Sugar Bowl. I feel like Arkansas will lose their bowl game. I hope not but they have played badly in their bowl games for more than the last 20 years.

w

Moves
28 Nov 10
1 edit

the other logical possibilities are Stanford and Boise State.[/b]
😲

I know, how about high powered Nevada and Stanford? What would be the difference I wonder?

w

Moves
28 Nov 10

The Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl ,Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl, and the Championship Game are BCS. The top 10 BCS teams should be in these bowl games. As far as Arkansas is concerned they a attractive to the Cotton Bowl and maybe the Sugar Bowl. I feel like Arkansas will lose their bowl game. I hope not but they have played badly in their bowl games for more than the last 20 years.
All I know is that anything is preferrable to LSU playing in its own back yard again. That should not be allowed.

Having said that, I think it matters who shows up. OSU will lose once again to the premier elite teams in the SEC. Of course, any other team they could and probably beat.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
29 Nov 10

😲

I know, how about high powered Nevada and Stanford? What would be the difference I wonder?
I realize it's a complete waste of time to try to discuss anything rationally with you so I won't bother.

Nevada would have to be in the top 14 of the final BCS ranking to be eligible for an at-large bid for the BCS bowls as anyone who bothered to look at the link I provided would know. It seems quite unlikely that will happen and even more unlikely that the bowl games would pick Nevada as an at large option over Ohio State, Arkansas, Stanford or Boise State.

s

Moves
29 Nov 10

I realize it's a complete waste of time to try to discuss anything rationally with you so I won't bother.

Nevada would have to be in the top 14 of the final BCS ranking to be eligible for an at-large bid for the BCS bowls as anyone who bothered to look at the link I provided would know. It seems quite unlikely that will happen and even m ...[text shortened]... es would pick Nevada as an at large option over Ohio State, Arkansas, Stanford or Boise State.
Boise State would be no one's at large bid because they suck! I said it all along and they finally proved me right! I agree with you on everything else!

Moves
29 Nov 10

All I know is that OSU beat Oregon last year. ....
There you go again. You really do need to venture into the current season.

Moves
29 Nov 10

What Badwater meant to say is, Go Bucks!! 😵
No I didn't. I meant what I said. NC, baby!

Moves
29 Nov 10

Nevada would have to be in the top 14 of the final BCS ranking to be eligible for an at-large bid for the BCS bowls as anyone who bothered to look at the link I provided would know. It seems quite unlikely that will happen and even more unlikely that the bowl games would pick Nevada as an at large option over Ohio State, Arkansas, Stanford or Boise State.
Boise St. has pretty much kissed a BCS bowl goodbye. They lost far more than a game and a shot at the NC on Friday.