1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '10 12:56
    Originally posted by Badwater
    It must be Civil War Weekend!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPlP_Mk2m2w
    Very funny! I hope it's a good game. Can't see the Ducks losing, yet stranger things happen!
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 11:08
    #4 in the WAC Fresno State v. tied for #4 in the Big Ten Illinois last night. Obviously a mismatch win for the "superior" conference according to QQ's "logic". Well not quite: http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/gameTrax?gameId=201012030090
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 11:56
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I believe there is an unwritten rule that if you don't win your conference championship game you don't play in the NCG after the Oklahoma debacle of a few years ago. I really doubt Auburn will lose to SCarolina, but stranger things happen. Oregon is also unlikely to lose their last game, but overconfidence sometimes does strange things to teams. No one ...[text shortened]... pen if both Oregon and Auburn lose. I think Wisconsin and Stanford jump TCU and play the NCG.
    TCU leads Stanford by more than Auburn leads TCU in the BCS rating and also has a strong edge in the computer rankings. If Auburn loses, there is no way Stanford moves ahead of TCU; it would take a gigantic swing in the human polls and would set up an intraconference BCS Title game which is also a rematch something voters have not wanted recently. The only way TCU gets left out if Auburn loses is if Auburn stays in the Top #2 and I think the great number of close calls they've had this year renders that improbable.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 14:18
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    TCU leads Stanford by more than Auburn leads TCU in the BCS rating and also has a strong edge in the computer rankings. If Auburn loses, there is no way Stanford moves ahead of TCU; it would take a gigantic swing in the human polls and would set up an intraconference BCS Title game which is also a rematch something voters have not wanted recently. The on ...[text shortened]... p #2 and I think the great number of close calls they've had this year renders that improbable.
    You are probably right. Never forget I would love TCU playing in NCG, but see it as iffy. Now lets assume both Ducks and Tigers lose. You see STanford in the NCG or Wisconsin?

Did you watch the Miami-Ohio vs N.IL game? What a whale of a game that was. I really enjoy watching the non big boys play since they really know the game. NIU's coach and Miami-Ohio's coaches are excellent indeed!
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 14:33
    You are probably right. Never forget I would love TCU playing in NCG, but see it as iffy. Now lets assume both Ducks and Tigers lose. You see STanford in the NCG or Wisconsin?

Did you watch the Miami-Ohio vs N.IL game? What a whale of a game that was. I really enjoy watching the non big boys play since they really know the game. NIU's coach and Miami-Ohio's coaches are excellent indeed!
    Stanford's got a pretty substantial edge over Wisconsin in the BCS ratings plus their only loss is to Oregon (though it was a blowout). In the unlikely event both Oregon and Auburn lose, I think it would be TCU v. Stanford though it is possible either Oregon or Auburn might get #2 in that scenario.

I missed the Miami (O)- N. Illinois game as I was watching the Celtics-Bulls. Sounded like it was a good one (so was Fresno State-Illinois which I did watch).
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 15:16
    Stanford's got a pretty substantial edge over Wisconsin in the BCS ratings plus their only loss is to Oregon (though it was a blowout). In the unlikely event both Oregon and Auburn lose, I think it would be TCU v. Stanford though it is possible either Oregon or Auburn might get #2 in that scenario.

I missed the Miami (O)- N. Illinois gam ...[text shortened]... Celtics-Bulls. Sounded like it was a good one (so was Fresno State-Illinois which I did watch).
    Frankly, whomever we get in the NCG as long as it is as good of a game as some of the games in the lower divisions. Last year I truly enjoyed the playoffs in DivIII. They really let it all hang out in these games. By comparison I found the NCG sorta boring. I hope today's games live up to their billing. I tuly hope BCS does not reward a one loss Oregon or one loss Auburn with a NCG, should either lose!
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 20:251 edit
    Frankly, whomever we get in the NCG as long as it is as good of a game as some of the games in the lower divisions. Last year I truly enjoyed the playoffs in DivIII. They really let it all hang out in these games. By comparison I found the NCG sorta boring. I hope today's games live up to their billing. I tuly hope BCS does not reward a one loss Oregon or one loss Auburn with a NCG, should either lose!
    Personally I would love to see both Auburn and Oregon lose so my Buckeyes get a shot at the Rose Bowl so they can win another BCS bowl. Otherwise they are stuck with another SEC team in the Sugar Bowl that will probably beat them. :'(
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Dec '10 21:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    Personally I would love to see both Auburn and Oregon lose so my Buckeyes get a shot at the Rose Bowl so they can win another BCS bowl. Otherwise they are stuck with another SEC team in the Sugar Bowl that will probably beat them. :'(
    I don't see any possibility that Wisconsin would jump either TCU or Stanford in the BCS standings.
  9. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 00:43
    Oh well. Ducks and Tigers!!! Go Ducks!!
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 00:50
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Oh well. Ducks and Tigers!!! Go Ducks!!
    Impressive wins by both. I'm looking forward to the BCS title game and to the Rose Bowl where TCU should dismantle Wisconsin.
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 01:04
    Impressive wins by both. I'm looking forward to the BCS title game and to the Rose Bowl where TCU should dismantle Wisconsin.
    Yes, let's not forget that Wisconsin barely got by Az St. TCU will want to, and should, make a statement.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    05 Dec '10 14:38
    It will all depend ono Andy Dalton's health. He emerged with a bad ankle the last game of the season. I am rooting for TCU, but should be a really tough game for TCU.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 05:02
    Don't stop there man, pick the rest of the major bowls

Here are my picks.

Rose Bowl: Wisconsin over TCU

Sugar Bowl: Arkansas over OSU

Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma over Connecticut

Cottin Bowl: LSU over Texas A&M

Organge Bowl: Stanford over Virginia Tech

NCG: Auburn over Oregon
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 05:27
    Don't stop there man, pick the rest of the major bowls

Here are my picks.

Rose Bowl: Wisconsin over TCU

Sugar Bowl: Arkansas over OSU

Fiesta Bowl: Oklahoma over Connecticut

Cottin Bowl: LSU over Texas A&M

Organge Bowl: Stanford over Virginia Tech

NCG: Auburn over Oregon
    Dude...get spellchecker already.

Cottin Bowl?

Organge Bowl???
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 Dec '10 08:00
    The East Carolina Pirates are playing in the Military Bowl against Maryland. It's about time my brethren were recognized as members of the military.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree