dont  let        beckham equal bobby moores eng...

dont let beckham equal bobby moores eng...

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
31 Dec 08

Please ,dont let beckham equal or surpass bobby moores england caps , He must be the most overrated player i have ever ..ever known ,all he is interested in is dosh !!!! Not fit to tie bobby moores shoe laces [if he was still around] ...

s

6yd box

Moves
31 Dec 08

Originally posted by phil3000
Please ,dont let beckham equal or surpass bobby moores england caps , He must be the most overrated player i have ever ..ever known ,all he is interested in is dosh !!!! Not fit to tie bobby moores shoe laces [if he was still around] ...
AGREED 100% MATE

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
31 Dec 08

Originally posted by spurs73
AGREED 100% MATE
Agr££d...

Moves
31 Dec 08

Totaly agree, Milan should be ashamed and so should he. After the Galaxy move (and to be honest who wouldn't have) I would have respected him more if he had come back to the UK for 3 months with a mid table outfit and got his boots dirty.

............And as for his preposterous wife!

sc

where angels play

Moves
01 Jan 09

He's done more for promoting football around the world than any other player since Pele.

Moves
01 Jan 09

Originally posted by divegeester
Totaly agree, Milan should be ashamed and so should he. After the Galaxy move (and to be honest who wouldn't have) I would have respected him more if he had come back to the UK for 3 months with a mid table outfit and got his boots dirty.

............And as for his preposterous wife!
and got kicked around every game? i wouldn't have fancied it, the fact is he doesn't need the money and he's just going to milan to be an a quality club to play football in a different culture than he's used to.

as far as being over rated, bollocks. the guy played a key role in man utd 90s team and we all know how successful it was, still unconvinced? he moved to spain and again played a key role in madrid winning the league, even after i certain manager said he wasn't part of the team anymore. the guy showed heard, commitment and skill to get back into the team and play like the world class dead ball player and crosser he is.

you don't get 100+ caps for any of the top international sides if you are not a world class footballer. or aren't england a top international side?

they played a lot less games when moore was about, no one will forget that.

if he's good enough to play, play him if not don't.

s

6yd box

Moves
01 Jan 09

Originally posted by sally cinnamon
He's done more for promoting football around the world than any other player since Pele.
i dought if the rest of european football fans would agree with that..or the rest of the world football fans for that matter

sc

where angels play

Moves
01 Jan 09

i dought if the rest of european football fans would agree with that..or the rest of the world football fans for that matter
They dont have to agree but they wont be able to name another player apart from Pele who is as well known internationaly around the world or a player who has promoted football and himself better than anybody before or since, be it asia, australia, north america, africa, and to say Beckham was not a great player is well just b***ocks really.

Moves
01 Jan 09

Originally posted by sally cinnamon
Yep, football was unheard of before Becks saved it from obscurity and poverty. Thank you David.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
01 Jan 09

I have always thought he was over rated but that said these clubs that pay big bucks for him must see something in him. We also have to take into account that financially he brings more to a club than his ball skills.

p

Moves
01 Jan 09

beckham is a shirt seller and puts bums on seats thats why he has so many caps , money is his god as is the fa and every club which signs him he is not there to win games thats for sure !! To even say his name in context with pele !! funniest thing i have heard for a long time ...😵

sc

where angels play

Moves
01 Jan 09

beckham is a shirt seller and puts bums on seats thats why he has so many caps , money is his god as is the fa and every club which signs him he is not there to win games thats for sure !! To even say his name in context with pele !! funniest thing i have heard for a long time ...😵
I didnt say he was as good a player as Pele far from it, but he is a good player.
The rest of the cr*p you're coming out with isnt really worth bothering to respond to because is it is just that c**p. I mean come on, you got spurs73 fighting in your corner, that in itself is point proved enough that you havnt got a clue what youre talking about.

p

Moves
01 Jan 09

lets take a look at what he does on the pitch ..gets the ball passes straight away ,gets the ball runs sideways and passes the ball .. how many times have you seen him take a player on? when he takes a corner he takes as much time as he can get away with so the press gets loads of pictures of him, and he talks like a girl !!!! managers have a lot of presssure to keep him because of the revenue he creates... fergie got rid ,coppella tried to and even numb nuts maclaren could see what a liability he was ,if he is that good whats he doing in a fourth division outfit like galaxy ... after more money ,i tell you hr would sell his own granny if there was a few bob in it for him !!!!!ps. up the spurs !!1😀😲🙄😴

Moves
01 Jan 09

Spot on. The only 3 reason he is still around are:

1) The Americans haven't got a scooby doo about football and still think beckham has got legs
2) The italians need to sell shirts (he will only be eligible to play for two months)
3) The FA have got Wembley to pay for and need bums on seats as you quite correctly point out phil3000

Sally, are you a man u fan by any chance, or just a beckham babe? He was a decent player 5 years ago, saved us in the greece qualifier and is a magnificent dead ball exponent it has to be said. The rest is marketing and photogenic good looks.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
02 Jan 09

I'm in NZ and have to totally agree with Sally. David Beckham has been down with Galaxy for exhibition matches.. Played for all but about 15mins of two full matches. He showed touches of brilliance. He is a ball mover distributor but still made tackles and challenged regularly.

Galaxy thrashed our National composite side and an Oceania side (with gobby Mark Bosnich letting in 4) but wait there's more!!! Becks did all the pap interviews and pose ups for the press. He promoted the game on tv and did lots of brilliant work with charities scoring loads of points with fans and businesses.

High moment .. when he gave a little kid his shirt instead of one of the other players just because the kids smile made his day.

To me Becks isn't a world beating player of the class of Pele or Bobby Moore. Moore always amazed with his coolness and always had time to move the ball precisely but that was in the days of long floating passes. The game is so different now.

Beckham is however the equal of any off the field and millions love the guy from hair do's to shirts. The guy loves the game and exudes it.

Good on You David.