1. where angels play
    Moves
    02 Jan '09 16:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Spot on. The only 3 reason he is still around are:

1) The Americans haven't got a scooby doo about football and still think beckham has got legs
    2) The italians need to sell shirts (he will only be eligible to play for two months)
    3) The FA have got Wembley to pay for and need bums on seats as you quite correctly point out phil3000

Sally, are y ...[text shortened]... ificent dead ball exponent it has to be said. The rest is marketing and photogenic good looks.
    Im a Liverpool supporter, please dont swear on the forums.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Jan '09 17:46
    Originally posted by phil3000
    beckham is a shirt seller and puts bums on seats thats why he has so many caps , money is his god as is the fa and every club which signs him he is not there to win games thats for sure !! To even say his name in context with pele !! funniest thing i have heard for a long time ...😵
    Some English fans are hilarious.

So he has nearly broken the record number of caps only because he can sell shirts? Of course, him being made captain for 6 years is for the same reason. And of course the Greeks allowed him score THAT last minute goal so that the FA could fill more seats.

Don't ever forget that without Beckham, you wouldn't have been in that tournament either. He also led the way with his work rate, showing the type of determination that his team mates emulated.

If he does ever get another cap, make sure you boo him as loudly as possible, so that everybody can see you for the clueless fickle twit that you are.

Having said all that, unless he does well at Milan, he doesn't currently deserve another England cap.

D
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Jan '09 17:52
    Originally posted by spurs73
    i dought if the rest of european football fans would agree with that..or the rest of the world football fans for that matter
    When travelling the far east, he was the player everybody asked about.

While motorbiking through the deepest parts of Vietnam, there were life-sized cardboard cut outs of Beckham everywhere.

So, you may keep your "doughts", but evidence on the ground suggests otherwise when considering world ambassador's for football.

D
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '09 17:53
    I dont seem to remember pele trying to sell fish fingers [sorry sally had to get that one in] if he saw tommy smith charging at him he would need a lot of his perfume to camaflarge the smell!! Would,nt last 5 mins in bobby moores day and do you think he would of played along side keagan ,hughes ,tommy smith and the like...doubt very much he would of made it in to professional football in them days !!!
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Jan '09 18:36
    I dont seem to remember pele trying to sell fish fingers [sorry sally had to get that one in] if he saw tommy smith charging at him he would need a lot of his perfume to camaflarge the smell!! Would,nt last 5 mins in bobby moores day and do you think he would of played along side keagan ,hughes ,tommy smith and the like...doubt very much he would of made it in to professional football in them days !!!
    Great debate.

BTW: Pele has appeared in countless adverts...
    YouTube&NR=1

D
  6. In your face
    Moves
    02 Jan '09 21:36
    This all sounds very infantile and smacks of jealousy IMHO. Put them green eyes away, they're bloomin ugly dude.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '09 23:35
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    Im a Liverpool supporter, please dont swear on the forums.
    Sorry Sally, in that case it was totally uncalled for!!

He's been great for England in the past, I just find his "it's all about the football" BS a little hard to believe at times.

🙂
  8. In your face
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 01:35
    Sorry Sally, in that case it was totally uncalled for!!

He's been great for England in the past, I just find his "it's all about the football" BS a little hard to believe at times.

🙂
    I could comment on this but I really won't even bother. Absolutely amazing.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 02:04
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    I could comment on this but I really won't even bother. Absolutely amazing.
    Don't bother then.
  10. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 02:23
    Yep, football was unheard of before Becks saved it from obscurity and poverty. Thank you David.
    I do believe he is a hero in the states not only because of his football talent but also what he does for the kids.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 07:54
    Originally posted by YEAH BOY
    I do believe he is a hero in the states not only because of his football talent but also what he does for the kids.
    especially amongst little girls...seriously though i watched a little bit of a girls under 18 game in miami and got talking to a couple of them who where substituted and they all loved beckham not just for being a good footballer or because he was good looking but because of all the charity awareness he tries to do.

they didn't have a clue who lampard or gerrard where 😀
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 11:19
    Originally posted by trev33
    especially amongst little girls...seriously though i watched a little bit of a girls under 18 game in miami and got talking to a couple of them who where substituted and they all loved beckham not just for being a good footballer or because he was good looking but because of all the charity awareness he tries to do.

they didn't have a clue who lampard or gerrard where 😀
    girls? nothing to do with the act that he's a model then, it's all about his charity work is it.
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 12:36
    girls? nothing to do with the act that he's a model then, it's all about his charity work is it.
    This thread is a joke with the likes of phil, durs, divegeester and Hell's caretaker vindinctively targeting a player who has done huge amounts for the English national team, for apparently no good reason apart from his success and lifestyle.

He either deserves another England cap due to his form, or he doesn't.

What he doesn't need is to be excluded purely for being David Beckham, as you twits propose.

Reading some of the aforementioned posts on here, I can understand a little more the mentality of the English "supporters" who boo their own team.

D
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 12:49
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    This thread is a joke with the likes of phil, durs, divegeester and Hell's caretaker vindinctively targeting a player who has done huge amounts for the English national team, for apparently no good reason apart from his success and lifestyle.

He either deserves another England cap due to his form, or he doesn't.

What he doesn't need is to be excluded ...[text shortened]... rstand a little more the mentality of the English "supporters" who boo their own team.

D
    every single one of them who has posted in this thread about beckham are jealous of him...it really is sad.
  15. 6yd box
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 17:15
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    They dont have to agree but they wont be able to name another player apart from Pele who is as well known internationaly around the world or a player who has promoted football and himself better than anybody before or since, be it asia, australia, north america, africa, and to say Beckham was not a great player is well just b***ocks really.
    u are joking right?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree