dont  let        beckham equal bobby moores eng...

dont let beckham equal bobby moores eng...

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Santiago

Moves
02 Feb 09

Originally posted by trev33
what has gerrard and lampard done for england when playing together? nothing, they can't play with each other and that, as rafa would put it, is a fact. imo beckham or no beckham you have to drop one of them or play with 3 in the middle, you need someone like a carrick or hargreaves that will drop back and help the defence because neither lampard or gerrard will or indeed can do this.
I had the misfortune of seeing the WC loss to Portugal again yesterday. We made a real hash of the pens. Lampard and Gerrard
both missed theirs - real leaders.

On a separate note - Carragher was made to retake his, anyone remember why. He scored the first kick and missed the second.

Moves
02 Feb 09

Originally posted by Hopster
I had the misfortune of seeing the WC loss to Portugal again yesterday. We made a real hash of the pens. Lampard and Gerrard
both missed theirs - real leaders.

On a separate note - Carragher was made to retake his, anyone remember why. He scored the first kick and missed the second.
BECAUSE THEY WANTED HIM TO MISS THE SECOND TIME?

damn caps.

to be fair if i was the ref in an england world cup 1/4 final and it went to pens i'd be getting every english player to retake their pen UNTIL they missed πŸ˜€

i have no idea

Moves
02 Feb 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Carrick is a shoe in for the next few England games. He is by far the best midfield player in the country at the moment.

It's up to Lampard and Gerrard to fight for the other place if he plays 4-4-2.

D
on form it should be carrick and gerrard in the center.

do you think england would ever had won anything if giggs had of chosen to play for england over wales?

c
Β―\_(^.^)_/Β―

Moves
02 Feb 09

do you think england would ever had won anything if giggs had of chosen to play for england over wales?
Possibly, possibly not.

It sure would have been good to see him in a major international tournament though.

p

Moves
02 Feb 09

if you don't like the way football is now don't watch it. the fact is that money talks in football, just like in any other business environment .

but tell me this, in the past 15 years or so who has been a better english right midfielder than beckham?
In my time watching football [about 40yrs] i have been chased up and down streets in different towns and cities ,had bottles ,bricks and god knows what else thrown at me ,spat at , punched in the face by a "copper"when i was about thirteen . I have hitch hiked up and down the country watching my team [Grimsby town] Stood in the pouring rain at fourth div matches ,watched great players ...Stan bowles ..Alan ball ..Malcolm macdonald ..[Trevor brooking must have been the best i have ever seen] etc . Football is a part of my life and if you dont come from the UK or Ireland you really dont know what football is all about SO do not suggest to me not to watch football , not every player has money as his God !!!!!!

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
02 Feb 09

Quite possibly.

A) they'd have sorted out their left sided problems with the best winger in the world, which would have meant...
B) Paul Scholes could have been used in his best position, instead of being destroyed on the left.

D

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
02 Feb 09

Originally posted by Ragnorak
the best winger in the world
When was Giggs the best winger in the world? Or do you mean left winger?

Moves
02 Feb 09

Originally posted by phil3000
In my time watching football [about 40yrs] i have been chased up and down streets in different towns and cities ,had bottles ,bricks and god knows what else thrown at me ,spat at , punched in the face by a "copper"when i was about thirteen . I have hitch hiked up and down the country watching my team [Grimsby town] Stood in the pouring rain at fourth div ...[text shortened]... t SO do not suggest to me not to watch football , not every player has money as his God !!!!!!
LOL

thugs as fans is a bad thing in football not something to be proud of.

Football is a part of my life and if you dont come from the UK or Ireland you really dont know what football is all about

you know, you've out done yourself with this remark. really, i never thought you could've been more narrow minded and clueless but here we are.

england may have created football but south americans made it better. if you've ever been to a boca match you would know what real passion is at a football match, the groups of 'los xeneizes' makes the little groups of thugs in the uk football clubs look like little puppies.

i've been to old trafford, anfield, ewood park plus a number of small grounds in england, scotland, n. ireland and the rep. of ireland. so being to all these grounds and being irish by your theory i should know what football is. and oh look i disagree with pretty much everything you've said in this thread. the atmosphere in the ground inside and out was nothing like what it is in argentina.

i'm not even going to go in to football styles and who has won what international because that you make you look even sillier.

my advise to you would be travel to other games in other countries before mouthing off at how great and unique football is in the uk and ireland because it's not.

AB

Moves
02 Feb 09

punched in the face by a "copper" when i was about thirteen
Shame he didn't punch any sense into that head of yours.

p

Moves
03 Feb 09

LOL

thugs as fans is a bad thing in football not something to be proud of.

[b]Football is a part of my life and if you dont come from the UK or Ireland you really dont know what football is all about

you know, you've out done yourself with this remark. really, i never thought you could've been more narrow minded and clueless but here we are.

...[text shortened]... outhing off at how great and unique football is in the uk and ireland because it's not.[/b]
who said i was a thug and proud of? football in argentina !!! all you know is how to cheat and light silly flares and wave them about like girls!!!!😡

p

Moves
03 Feb 09

p

Moves
03 Feb 09

Originally posted by Angry Boy
Shame he didn't punch any sense into that head of yours.
lol You like to stick your little oar in dont you ...

Moves
04 Feb 09

who said i was a thug and proud of? football in argentina !!! all you know is how to cheat and light silly flares and wave them about like girls!!!!😡
but the flares make good missiles, the millwall supporters club didn't think of THAT πŸ˜›

i didn't call you a thug, i was saying the people who you said who chased you or punched you or whatever that they were thugs and that you sounded proud that this was part of football. like you were a better fan because of this or something.

english football hooligans are amongst the worlds worst. FACT. not something to be proud of.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Feb 09

Becks lawyers in talks with Millan...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7869648.stm

p

Moves
04 Feb 09

but the flares make good missiles, the millwall supporters club didn't think of THAT πŸ˜›

i didn't call you a thug, i was saying the people who you said who chased you or punched you or whatever that they were thugs and that you sounded proud that this was part of football. like you were a better fan because of this or something.

english football hooligans are amongst the worlds worst. FACT. not something to be proud of.
no ,i think you must of misunderstood me here, i was just pointing out some of the things i have been through as a football supporter ,good times and bad ,and being in the wrong place at the wrong time back in the 70,s and 80,s was a very easy thing to find your self in . I just find it a bit painfull when people say "well dont watch it then" I will always watch football but i dont like to see money grabbing playes like beckham [signing for la galaxy 100% money grab } taking a record off a deserving great like bobby moore ....thats my opinion !!!! πŸ™‚