1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    03 May '07 13:50
    Originally posted by Red Night
    you fools are too moronic for me to debate with.

reading your posts does make me laugh.

have fun living in your little dream world.
    Funnily enough, most people feel the same way about you.

I frequently marvel at what an insipid dolt you are. I am equally amazed how you insist on manipulating the 'truth' to meet your own ends.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '07 20:29
    It is interesting to me how much this and other forums on the site are dominated by the English.

There are 42,000 players flying the US flag on this site and only 4100 flying the English flag + 14,000 flying the Union jack.

Yet, in this forum, (and every other forum as far as I can tell), the English out post every other nationality by 4 or 5 to 1.
    ...[text shortened]... why their sports teams are so poor. Rather sit around typing than go outside and get physical.
    they did invent rugby, give em credit for that...
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    04 May '07 03:52
    And therein lies the point. The big teams, as you like to call them, have performed poorly the last several cups.

US will win one before England wins another. US may win two or three before England wins again. England may never win again.
    And when will Scotland win one or for that matter get out of the group stages?
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    04 May '07 16:29
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    And when will Scotland win one or for that matter get out of the group stages?
    4 years after antarctica
  5. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    05 May '07 01:32
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    I am equally amazed how you insist on manipulating the 'truth' to meet your own ends.
    Yes, he presented "facts" from a Swedish "news" site earlier. But i found the page he was talking about and it was some Swedish husband and wife website. Still haven’t heard what he has to say about that.
  6. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    05 May '07 01:34
    Portugal? Australia? Who picked Italy to win going in? There was a lot of variability in this one.
    Portugal is a powerful soccer nation with some of the best players in the world. And Italy was actually one of the favourites to win.

Obviously, you know nothing about football.
  7. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    05 May '07 03:53
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Lol, not hardly. Cricket is probably the second biggest sport in the world, football (not that NFL rubbish) coming first.

Baseball probably just about makes it into the top ten if you're lucky.
    Football then rugby, possibly cycling is more popular than cricket as the Tour de France proves every year, in spite of its dark side.
  8. CA, USA
    Moves
    05 May '07 06:43
    The Queen's here (USA) for the derby.
    Last year they sent Camilla .. she ran 4th

Jay Leno
  9. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    06 May '07 13:09
    I personally believe Red Night is just a tad short sighted in his views, but I have noticed a giant sway in this forum towards "English Football."

Representation on this site should favor American sports, but it doesn't. North America holds the vast majority here as far as chess players go.

I see many cricket games here in Florida as we have a very large Caribbean population. However, the game looks silly to me, and awkward. It looks more like a fashion show, and happenstance.

I haven't figured it out. 😕
  10. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    06 May '07 13:11
    Originally posted by SmookieP

Representation on this site should favor American sports, but it doesn't. North America holds the vast majority here as far as chess players go.

Maybe you lot should put the twinkies down and get posting then 😉
  11. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    06 May '07 13:28
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Maybe you lot should put the twinkies down and get posting then 😉
    My post was straight forward.

Are you confused?
  12. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 May '07 13:491 edit
    My post was straight forward.

Are you confused?
    Never let it be said that Americans have a sense of humour 😉

What's the problem? People post on the threads they want to post on. I don't read american sports threads - you don't have to read european sports threads. If you want to talk about something, hit the 'new thread' button.

Edit: note that the football seasons and cup competitions across Europe are coming to a close this month, so there is bound to be a lot of posting on this subject. I can promise you there will be a lot less through June/July due to little happening 🙂
  13. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    06 May '07 13:571 edit
    Hey chill out, he told me to put my twinkies down..

no biggie!! LOOKS like you're the one without a sense of

"humour"
  14. LA
    Moves
    06 May '07 13:58
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Never let it be said that Americans have a sense of humour 😉

What's the problem? People post on the threads they want to post on. I don't read american sports threads - you don't have to read european sports threads. If you want to talk about something, hit the 'new thread' button.
    For once I agree with this guy.

I bet they even have adverts and popups every 3 posts on the American discussion threads.
  15. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 May '07 13:58
    Hey chill out, he told me to put my twinkies down..

no biggie!!
    cheers - bit more information in my edit 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree