1. LA
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 13:122 edits
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Tell me when Rafa had this supposed "break down" and I'll tell you the results.
    Since Angry Boy won't answer the question, i've just read a really interesting and accurate (surprising) assesment from an LFC supporter on the teamtalk.com LFC webpage.

Enjoy.

After last night it has become clear that Rafa has taken us as far as he can. He has assembled a great defensive unit but just does not have the gonads to play the kind of offensive football required to win the Premier League. There is unanimous concensus that his team selections are just plain stupid and it is now clear that he lacks in the man management department also. The embarassing outburst against Taggart and the crazed excuses he has been making in recent weeks point towards this being the beginning of the end for Rafa. The primary reason for our current situation is still Moores when selling the club to the Yanks. I clearly said at the time that the fact two of them had to join forces to buy the club proved they had no money to make the sort of investment required to take the club forward. Whether you like it or not, we are a club in turmoil. The internal strife at the club is having a larger effect than most people realise. The players are dejected, the owners are war and the manager does not get along with anyone in the management structure. We need a revolution at Anfield otherwise we will be going back to the dark days of the early 90's. Whilst management strife can account for part of our current woeful state of affairs, Rafa must take the blame for the rest with his mind boggling team selections and love of playing players in incorrect positions. They say a picture tells a 1,000 words and with this in mind have a look at the body language of everyone at the club....from the manager and players to the support staff on the bench. Something is deeply wrong at the club and my gut feel is that if you follow the stench trail back it will lead to the good old US of A. If the club is not sold in the summer we must, I repeat we must boycott the yanks and force them to go. Leadership starts at the top and unfortunately we r being stewarded by a bunch of cowboys!

teamtalk.com is always a great read for a laugh, check this one out:-

He talks about negative approaches (Rafa) what about us what is it with the one striker all the time. And as for Lucas well i hope i am not alone when i say he is a waste of space the guy couldn't even point to brazil on a map let alone be good enough to play for them or us. We need to buy clear out some dead wood Lucas,Kyut nobody can question his effort but they can his productivity he is not good enough. Keane i think if he gets the sme chances as kyut then he will be fine but he needs to stop the lone striker thing and go with two up top every game.
  2. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '09 14:14
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Since Angry Boy won't answer the question, i've just read a really interesting and accurate (surprising) assesment from an LFC supporter on the teamtalk.com LFC webpage.

Enjoy.

After last night it has become clear that Rafa has taken us as far as he can. He has assembled a great defensive unit but just does not have the gonads to play the ki ...[text shortened]... will be fine but he needs to stop the lone striker thing and go with two up top every game.
    So, you've found fans who don't like the way Rafa's organising the team. Wow! Well done.

There are clearly problems at Liverpool but Rafa's rant about Slur Alex hasn't caused them.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 12:06
    Sunday's going to be interesting. Find out if Pool really are drifting and Chelsea coming back maybe. One of the pivotal games of the season for the top 4 I think.
  4. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 12:431 edit
    i've just read a really interesting and accurate (surprising) assesment from an LFC supporter
    Sorry, I forgot to ask you to define the word accurate. Are you using it in the "accurately agrees with my opinion" context?
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 15:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Sunday's going to be interesting. Find out if Pool really are drifting and Chelsea coming back maybe. One of the pivotal games of the season for the top 4 I think.
    if utd win today and that match is a draw i really can't see utd being challenged for the rest of the season.

have a feeling that everton might nick something at OT though.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 21:58
    Originally posted by trev33
    if utd win today and that match is a draw i really can't see utd being challenged for the rest of the season.

have a feeling that everton might nick something at OT though.
    They didn't though! I was hoping for at leasta draw for them. I think tomorrows game has draw written all over it, although I don't agree utd won't be challenged as chelsea have a two season history of making you lot work till the end! I think 3 more weekend without man u dropping a point sand you will have a safe bet.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 22:31
    They didn't though! I was hoping for at leasta draw for them. I think tomorrows game has draw written all over it, although I don't agree utd won't be challenged as chelsea have a two season history of making you lot work till the end! I think 3 more weekend without man u dropping a point sand you will have a safe bet.
    i love being wrong 😀

5 points clear and if it's a draw tomorrow 4 clear with a game in hand. i can't see utd messing that up. already played chelsea twice and have the pool at home.

i'll be very confident of utd winning the league if there's a draw tomorrow. even if liverpool win i'd be shocked if anyone but utd won the league.

WOO HOO 😉
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 23:24
    Originally posted by trev33
    i love being wrong 😀

5 points clear and if it's a draw tomorrow 4 clear with a game in hand. i can't see utd messing that up. already played chelsea twice and have the pool at home.

i'll be very confident of utd winning the league if there's a draw tomorrow. even if liverpool win i'd be shocked if anyone but utd won the league.

WOO HOO 😉
    Don't forget that the conclusion of science is that the Poo' won't finish within 7 points of the league winners.

Only born again christians and Liverpoo fans disgree with science.

D
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 23:27
    I think tomorrows game has draw written all over it,
    If I was a gambling man, that's the result I'd put money on as well.

But knowing Rafa, and his detachment from reality, nobody know's what team he'll put out tomorrow. If he decides to park the bus again, and play without any proper strikers, there may be a fairly conclusive result.

D
  10. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '09 10:34
    i've just read a really interesting and accurate (surprising) assesment from an LFC supporter on the teamtalk.com LFC webpage.
    Now this is what I call accurate.

Events make it easy for many among the Old Trafford faithful to forget that they once wanted rid of the man who is now established beyond all reasonable doubt as one of the great football managers. Confirmation of this, by which I mean the disaffection that grew up around Ferguson, is contained in another recent publication, United We Stood by a 26-year-old educated type, Richard Kurt, who apparently gave up a teaching career to concentrate on facetious appraisal of Manchester United's fortunes. An elongated fanzine that too eagerly embraces the genre's dodgy enthusiasm for urban xenophobia, Kurt's book carries the following reaction to Ferguson's most difficult season at Old Trafford: "Winter approached, the nights grew darker; United got worse and the knives were getting sharpened. Of course, there were still odd moments of iridescence when some of the team's donkeys managed a good game and the team showed their potential. . . these were not common sights at the time. But what we were getting used to was watching United slip slowly down the toilet as the New Year hove into view. Possibly the worst was the game against Spurs at home; humiliated three-nil, we jeered them off the pitch and vented our rage at the manager and chairman." As those awful football phone-in programmes have proved, you would not hang a dog on the word of a supporter but, to be fair, where was the cunning and wisdom that Ferguson brought to bear at Aberdeen when breaking the Celtic-Rangers duopoly in Scottish football? Kurt continues: "The `Fergie Out' campaign had begun in earnest, seemingly started by a bloke in J-Stand who just couldn't take anymore and rapidly taken up by K-Stand and the rest; banners began to appear and `Fergie Out' hit the top of the terrace hit parade. . . we might as well admit it - most of us wanted Alex out. "If the rest of the stadium needed further convincing, December did the job. Not a win in seven games; we failed to beat any of the four London sides we faced in consecutive games; Fergie dropped {Mark} Hughes for the Palace game and we lost it. . . that match seemed to symbolise the malaise we were in. Mystifying selection by a manager who had bought a load of expensive parts for a machine that he did not know how to assemble." Looking back now, recalling the pressure Ferguson was under - one respected critic referred to his appointment as an unmitigated disaster - the probability is that a 1-0 victory at Nottingham Forest in the third round of the FA Cup saved him. "The sense of the time was that a knock-out by Forest would release the Edwards butcher's chopper," Kurt adds. "Now, of course, everyone claims that there was never such a possibility, that the Cup run didn't save Fergie's career and that the board would have stood by him throughout. Pardon us for not swallowing that one whole."

You and Rag bleat about Liverpool and it's supporters from your lofty perches but Rafa's first 5 years at Liverpool have been a greater success than Slur Alex's at Manure. FACT. Given the time that red nose was given I'm sure Rafa can win us the league.

Success comes from stability. Liverpool need Rafa to stay and continue to build - the board can f' off mind you.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '09 21:51
    Now this is what I call accurate.

Events make it easy for many among the Old Trafford faithful to forget that they once wanted rid of the man who is now established beyond all reasonable doubt as one of the great football managers. Confirmation of this, by which I mean the disaffection that grew up around Ferguson, is contained in another recent publica ...[text shortened]... eed Rafa to stay and continue to build - the board can f' off mind you.
    'Their only away win in the league that season was a 1-0 victory over Liverpool at Anfield - which was also Liverpool's only home defeat of the season, which helped end their defence of the league title.' 86/87

that's almost better than winning the league 😛

i'm to young to remember the early years of fergusion, the first thing i can remember about utd was when they signed cantona from leeds, without that signing i doubt he and utd would be where they are today. plus a lot of credit has to be given to kid who came to utd at the same year.

so it took fergusion 6 years to win the league. how many years has rafa been at liverpool now?

liverpool spent 20m on a player that rafa didn't even want, you can't win the league like that. do you think rafa would still be there if they had not have came back to beat milan in the CL final?

tbh, even if they do win the league this year which i don't think they will i think rafa will be off to madrid in the summer. he left valencia because he didn't get his way in the transfer market.
  12. LA
    Moves
    01 Feb '09 22:00
    You and Rag bleat about Liverpool and it's supporters from your lofty perches but Rafa's first 5 years at Liverpool have been a greater success than Slur Alex's at Manure. FACT. Given the time that red nose was given I'm sure Rafa can win us the league.

Rafa's 5 or 6 years at Liverpool have gone from steadily getting better, to winning the CL to winning the FA cup to winning nothing in 3 years.

He has not developed a singe player from squad to 1st team.
    What a great youth setup you have there.

Every single buy he has made that was supposed to have potential has turned into a disaster, looking like Lucas and Babel being the next two.

He has not improved the skills of a single player he has bought .

Whenever things don't go his way on or off the pitch he goes off crying to the press.

I love Rafa, he's just won United the league what a bunch of big time charlies you lot are, dominating a against Chelsea, love it.

Long live the Rafaloution.
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    01 Feb '09 22:22
    Apples and oranges.

Rafa inherited a squad which had just won a treble and finished second in the League. Ferguson took over a squad of alcoholics in the relegation zone, which had only won 2 cups in the 9 years before he took over. He had to completely disassemble the squad.

For Ferguson's first 4 years, English teams were barred from competing in Europe because of Liverpoo "fans". In his 5th year, and the first time his team could compete in Europe, he won 2 European trophies: the Cup Winners Cup and the Super Cup. In the meantime he had won the FA Cup.

In those days you certainly didn't get a chance at the Champions Cup having finished 4th the previous season.

D
  14. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 10:051 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Apples and oranges.

Rafa inherited a squad which had just won a treble and finished second in the League. Ferguson took over a squad of alcoholics in the relegation zone, which had only won 2 cups in the 9 years before he took over. He had to completely disassemble the squad.

D
    Rafa inherited a team that 3 years earlier had won a cup treble and had then gone into decline as they lost Fowler, McAllister, Redknapp, Babbel, Heskey and then Owen. Houllier replaced these with Diouf, Diao, Smicer, Biscan, Baros, Traore (I could go on). That's the team Rafa inherited.

Ferguson inherited a team that had won the FA Cup twice in the previous three years. Add the fact that he was given a fortune to spend in the transfer market (breaking various positional tranfer fee records) and well ....

You're right, apples and oranges. Ferguson had it much easier. Because in those days a team spending that amount of money and finishing 11th twice in 3 seasons would have sacked their manager.
  15. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    02 Feb '09 11:47
    Because in those days a team spending that amount of money and finishing 11th twice in 3 seasons would have sacked their manager.
    Edit - in these days not "in those days"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree