Liverpool

Liverpool

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sc

where angels play

Moves
06 Feb 09

Originally posted by cadwah
This is a problem indicative of the way the EPL is going. As the prices go up the likes of you and I can't afford to go.

Don't worry though mate, I'm back home in a matter of days and we can watch Liverpools demise together in the pub. You can be sure [b]I
won't be quiet. 😛[/b]
Pub?! What is this strange think you talk about? Do they let baby's in this pub place?

Choose the day of your return carefully pal, Manchester airport is full of Japanese and Irish glory hunting day trippers on a match day, all flying in to add their vocal support to the theater of silence.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
06 Feb 09

Originally posted by sally cinnamon
Pub?! What is this strange think you talk about? Do they let baby's in this pub place?

Choose the day of your return carefully pal, Manchester airport is full of Japanese and Irish glory hunting day trippers on a match day, all flying in to add their vocal support to the theater of silence.
Have you ever been to a game Sally you tosser.

Most people who live in the district of Liverpool support Everton, Fact.

If you want proof walk down bold street one day and look at the tshirts people are wearing.

AB

Moves
06 Feb 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Ragnorak
You explicitly referred to Ferguson's first three seasons in the post ...

I actually ran out of time this morning, and also felt that stats and extensive research would have been wasted on you ...

Despite a minor error ...

over his first 3 seasons, the clubs net spend on transfers was about £1.3 million pounds ...

D
The post "you explicitly referred to" - (nice wriggle) yes, the one that was an extension to the original post that stated (and which started this line of debate) that Rafa had done better than Slur in his first 5 seasons. But of course you only want to use the first 3 seasons (a reference purely to me stating that Fergie finished 11th twice in his first 3 seasons) because it better fits your argument.

An argument which you lost rather convincingly when you (a Man Utd fan) failed to conduct "extensive research" - which obviously wouldn't have been wasted on me as it would have spared your blushes. It was you who questioned my honesty and accuracy wasn't it?

And finally, with regard to the last sentence I've quoted - why have you only listed the transfers in 1987? Your own criteria was 3 seasons.

Do the huge (at the time) fees for a goalkeeper (Jim Leighton) and buying back Mark Hughes (who remember now Rag, Slur didn't sell) in 1988 further back my argument and make yours look rather flimsy?

You've out-done yourself on this one. Right up there with some of Spurs73's stuff. Even your little yapping lapdog Trev will probably go quiet now. He should, he didn't spot the error in your previous post either.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
06 Feb 09

Originally posted by Angry Boy
The post "you explicitly referred to" - (nice wriggle) yes, the one that was an extension to the original post that stated (and which started this line of debate) that Rafa had done better than Slur in his first 5 seasons. But of course you only want to use the first 3 seasons (a reference purely to me stating that Fergie finished 11th twice in his first 3 ...[text shortened]... bably go quiet now. He should, he didn't spot the error in your previous post either.
Why do you always call Sir Alex, "Slur".

He's the most sucessful manager in football history.

10 League titles.
2 European cups.
5 FA Cups not sure, but who cares.
The treble.
Only Englidsh team to be World Champions.

He's still going.

Rafa is a fat Spanish waiter in Comparison to Sir Alex.

Never won the league in England.
Won 1 CL final because Kewell got injured and he was forced to change his "tactics", lol.

AB

Moves
06 Feb 09

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
Why do you always call Sir Alex, "Slur".
It rhymes with "Sir" - which I'm not calling him or any other ludicrously titled individual and I can't understand a word he says. Oh, and he likes a drink.

I'm not going to start with you - I'm spending too much time making fools of the Irish as it is.

Moves
06 Feb 09

The post "you explicitly referred to" - (nice wriggle) yes, the one that was an extension to the original post that stated (and which started this line of debate) that Rafa had done better than Slur in his first 5 seasons. But of course you only want to use the first 3 seasons (a reference purely to me stating that Fergie finished 11th twice in his first 3 ...[text shortened]... bably go quiet now. He should, he didn't spot the error in your previous post either.
football isn't only about success on the field, in fact you could say that's secondary.

every single club is a business trying to make a profit.

what has rafa done in his time at liverpool, other than his 1 CL win, to improve liverpool the brand in england and across the world?

his signings are rubbish, some not even his (hello robbie) and then he goes off and sells said 20m striker at a loss and brings in no one to replace him.

i'll admit not to reading a lot of this argument but even trying to compare rafa to alex in any respect is laughable.

AB

Moves
06 Feb 09

Originally posted by trev33

i'll admit not to reading a lot of this argument but even trying to compare rafa to alex in any respect is laughable.
.. and that's why you're making yourself look silly.

I'm comparing Rafa favourably with Ferguson over the first 5 years of their managerial stints at Liverpool and ManU respectively. It's up for debate but at the moment I've seen nothing (esp from Rag) to dissuade me.

One thing's for sure though - if you back a good manager with support and cash then they'll have a greater chance of success in the long run. Benitez has won 2 La Liga titles, he's no mug, but he does need time (support and cash) to lift the title.

Just as Fergie was given and many ManU fans conveniently forget when slating Rafa.

sc

where angels play

Moves
06 Feb 09

sc

where angels play

Moves
06 Feb 09

If you want proof walk down bold street one day and look at the tshirts people are wearing.
Lol rooney you f***wit, where do you get your facts from? Do they have some kind of matchday head count on stanley park that merseyside doesnt know about?

When was the last time you went to the match you f***in dick? Mine was the Chelsea home game on Sunday, Kop block 107 row 33. Sometimes i sit in the centenary when i can't get a ticket for the kop, i also have a friend who always has a spare for the main stand if i get really desperate.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
06 Feb 09

And finally, with regard to the last sentence I've quoted - why have you only listed the transfers in 1987? Your own criteria was 3 seasons.
My apologies, I sat down this morning at 7am to list the 1988 transfers, but obviously hadn't woken up yet.

Jun Jim Leighton (G) Aberdeen (£450,000)
Jun Lee Sharpe (F) Torquay United (£185,000)
Jun Mark Hughes (F) Barcelona (£1.8 Million)
Jul Darren Ferguson (M) Appentice
Oct Mal Donaghy (D) Luton Town (£650,000)
Nov Ralph Milne (F) Bristol City (£175,000)
Dec Guiliano Maiorana (F) Histon FC (£30,000)

Jun Remi Moses (M) Retired due to injury
Aug Arthur Albiston (FB) West Bromwich Albion
Aug Graeme Hogg (D) Portsmouth
Aug Kevin Moran (D) Sporting Gijon (Free)
Sep Chris Turner (G) Sheffield Wednesday (£175,000)
Nov Peter Davenport (F) Middlesbrough
Nov Liam O'Brien (M) Newcastle United (£275,000)
Nov Jesper Olsen (F) Bordeaux (£400,000)

I'll let you do the maths. BTW, do you have any links to Liverpoo's spending at the time? It'd be interesting to compare.

D

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
06 Feb 09

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
06 Feb 09

Originally posted by sally cinnamon
Lol rooney you f***wit, where do you get your facts from? Do they have some kind of matchday head count on stanley park that merseyside doesnt know about?

When was the last time you went to the match you f***in dick? Mine was the Chelsea home game on Sunday, Kop block 107 row 33. Sometimes i sit in the centenary when i can't get a ticket for the kop, i also have a friend who always has a spare for the main stand if i get really desperate.
I live 6000 miles away from the Theatre of Dreams these days but I've been to plenty of games, dipper.

I went to just about every United home game from 1998 to 2004.
Had 4 season tickets in the Stretford Lane End executive seats sitting nice and comfortable with the prawn sandwhich brigade behind the goal in the front row of the lower 2nd tier.

Went to 2 or 3 away games each season.
The milenium stadium 4 times I think.
Oh and Barcelona for the CL final in 1999.

I've watched Liverpool at Anfield about 60 times in the kop in the mid to late 80's, cost just 3 pound to queue up and get in on the day.
Been in the kop when Liverpool played Everton, standing behind the goal and the Everton supporters clearly out sung the mighty reds.

And between 1988 and 1998 2 or 3 times a week I would get lunch in Liverpool City Center.
Quite often went to the Moat House for lunch and regulally saw Fowler and McManaman in there (holding hands), couple of tosserrs.

Walking around Liverpool City Center there are way more blue shirts than red.
You need to go to Southport, over the water or into Wales to start seeing a few Liverpool shirts.

I know alot about the City of Liverpool as I've said before there are lots of nice friendly people there wearing blue shirts.
Its Anfield that's a sheet hole and West Derby too.
Some dipper stole my car once, 2 days later it was found stripped down in West Derby.

One of my mates goes to every Liverpool home and away game.
He tells me that games at Anfield now are very quite these days and everyone he talks to at the game wants Rafa out and martin o'neill in.
He's happy (well was 2 weeks ago, not now) with Liverpools position in the league but thinks LFC play poor defensive football.
He also tells me that 3 or 4 times this season Liverpool fans have boo'd the team off the pitch.

YNWA, lol.

sc

where angels play

Moves
07 Feb 09

sc

where angels play

Moves
07 Feb 09

I live 6000 miles away from the Theatre of Dreams these days but I've been to plenty of games, dipper.

I went to just about every United home game from 1998 to 2004.
Had 4 season tickets in the Stretford Lane End executive seats sitting nice and comfortable with the prawn sandwhich brigade behind the goal in the front row of the lower 2nd tier ...[text shortened]... 3 or 4 times this season Liverpool fans have boo'd the team off the pitch.

YNWA, lol.
Look on the brightside, you're missing f*** all.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
07 Feb 09

I understood that the river Mersey parted the city. This in turn meaning that one side of the Mersey were Liverpool fans whilst the other side of the Mersey were Everton fans.