1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 14:15
    Jaysus, I just skimmed through some of Tomkin's tripe at the link you gave. He seems to seriously lay some of the blame on Rafa's uselessness in comparison to Fergie's on Hillsborough?

How many Liverpool players died in Hillsborough, Boy?

Also, as I "skulked" away from the debate by asking "do you have any links to Liverpoo's spending at the time? ", it's interesting to see that Tomkins partially answered this query, even though you conveniently didn't quote it.

"However, to show that it's not just about money, and also that Liverpool can't claim to have been paupers when Ferguson finally ended United's 26-year wait, Graeme Souness, in rebuilding the ageing side he inherited, formed a team that also cost on average close to 50 per cent of the transfer record. His own purchases, which did include some cheap players like Rob and Lee Jones, worked out at 45 per cent of the record: an average of £13m per player in today's market."

Interesting to see that Liverpoo spent more than United in their arrival at ongoing mediocrity.

D
  2. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 08:49
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    What an absolutely arbitrary statistic your completely unbiased LiverpoolFC.tv "reporter" uses. The convolutedness of his chosen stat reminds me of the way travellers speak in pikey to keep you on the point of confusion. And also like a pikey trying to negotiate with you, most of what your unbiased "reporter" refers to are patently false.

Not at all li ...[text shortened]... racies as your rebuttal. To be honest, this tactic of yours is becoming tiresome.

D
    1996 - So, TEN years after Ferguson arrived the United youth system had produced some talent?

11 players are all you can send out on the pitch - and the figures compare the relative purchasing strength of the teams. Even more relevant in the 80's when squads were smaller.

Danny Wallace and Neil Webb have some medals do they? Wow, there's a surprise! Did you know that Igor Biscan and Djimi Traore have Champions League medals?

Salaries? Ha! Yes they are far more of an indication of a player's ability!!

My responses to your posts (until that last one) were my own words - not someone else's. You know, like my words that asked you why you'd quoted 1986 transfers pre SAF's arrival at OT.

I await your reply - although I understand that you will first need to post anything I've said on a UTD message board and cherry pick their reponses to claim as your own on here.
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 08:55
    Also, as I "skulked" away from the debate by asking "do you have any links to Liverpoo's spending at the time? ", it's interesting to see that Tomkins partially answered this query, even though you conveniently didn't quote it.
    You know we were discussing the first 5 years of SAF's reign - to remind you why, Rafa's been at Liverpool almost 5 years. Oh and SAF joined MU in Nov 86 not Jan 86, just in case you get confused again.

"At the time" So that's 1986-1991. Why would Souness's spending be relevant then? It has nothing to do with comparing Rafa and Ferguson in the FIRST 5 YEARS of their tenures.

Yes, that might be why I didn't quote it.
  4. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 09:01

Not at all like a scouser to be a lying bakstrad, is it?

D
    Obfuscating swear words is not allowed in the forums.

Tut, tut!
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '09 21:251 edit
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Obfuscating swear words is not allowed in the forums.

Tut, tut!
    Never mind an essay on statistics. What do you think of this weekends results angry, end of the PL challenge or start of the CL assent?

EDIT: you are not being true ot your profile (yes I bothered to look!)
  6. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 19:34
    Not many liverpool fans posting at the moment
    ,something about a song I remember,
    all gone quiet or something like that
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 20:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Never mind an essay on statistics. What do you think of this weekends results angry, end of the PL challenge or start of the CL assent?

EDIT: you are not being true ot your profile (yes I bothered to look!)
    Just checked his profile now haha, looks like he's finally had some sense and conceded the title 🙂
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '09 21:22
    Originally posted by Jamesqt
    Just checked his profile now haha, looks like he's finally had some sense and conceded the title 🙂
    Maybe the lure of Wednesday night's game will bring him back to the forum - sure will if they win!
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '09 17:48
    Pool now out of title race! Rafa may go?
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Feb '09 18:09
    Liverpoo is showing what they're made of... nothing.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Feb '09 19:11
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Liverpoo is showing what they're made of... nothing.
    Excellent point well made.
  12. Middlesbrough
    Moves
    28 Feb '09 21:52
    just thought i'd say hello,haven't anything to shout about for a while(like 14 league matches)
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Feb '09 23:36
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Excellent point well made.
    My pleasure, Lady Worcestershire 😏
  14. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '09 13:40
    When you walk through a storm hold your head up high,
    And don't be afraid of the dark.
    At the end of a storm is a golden sky
    And the sweet silver song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind,
    Walk on through the rain,
    Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.
    Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart,
    And you'll never walk alone,
    You'll never walk alone!
  15. Joined
    19 Mar '09
    Moves
    21 Mar '09 03:53
    Liverpool rocks

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree