1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 02:321 edit
    Rules are simple. Predict each round and number of games. It's like an NCAA tourney bracket. You get one point for each team you pick who gets into the next round. You do not get to re-pick teams between rounds so if your champion gets knocked out in the first round, you're SOL.

One point bonus for each correct number of games (between the correct teams) prediction for each round.

I'll start,

Minnesota over Yankees in 5 (Yanks not playing well and no one is really pitching well except CC; I could see CC winning 2 games, but game 5 in Minn will be tough; Twins finally get one series against the Yanks)

Rays over Rangers in 4 (Cliff Lee=Dave Price; Rays lineup is deeper than Rangers'😉

Philly over Cincy in 4

Atlanta over SF in 4 (Giants can't hit a lick)

LCS:

Tampa over Minnesota in 6

Philly over Atlanta in 5

WS:

Tampa over Philly in 6
  2. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 12:36
    Originally posted by sh76
    Rules are simple. Predict each round and number of games. It's like an NCAA tourney bracket. You get one point for each team you pick who gets into the next round. You do not get to re-pick teams between rounds so if your champion gets knocked out in the first round, you're SOL.

One point bonus for each correct number of games (between the correct teams) pre ...[text shortened]... :

Philly over Atlanta in 5

WS:

Tampa over Philly in 6
    Yankees over Minnesota in 5 (even though I agree this may be ignoring reality)

Tampa over Texas in 5 (when Cruz and Hamilton are completely healthy I think Texas has a better lineup but I like the rest of Tampa's team better)

Philly over Cincy in 4 (unless Cincy beats up the bullpen I can't give them much of a chance)

Giants over Atlanta in 4 (pitching again)

Tampa over NY in 6

Philly over the Giants in 6

Tampa over Philly in 6
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 15:301 edit

One point bonus for each correct number of games (between the correct teams) pre :

Philly over Atlanta in 5

WS:

Tampa over Philly in 6
    Philly over Cincy in 3

Giants over Atlanta in 5

Philly over Giants in 4

-------------------------

Yankees over Twins in 4

Rays over Rangers in 5

Yankees over the Rays in 7

----------------------------------

Yankees over Philly in 7
  4. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 16:03
    Twins over Yankee in 5
    Rangers over Reys in 4

Twins over Rangers in 6

Giants over Braves in 4
    Phillies over Cincy in 5

Phillies over Giants in 6

Twins over Phillies in 6
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '10 17:38

One point bonus for each correct number of games (between the correct teams) pre ...[text shortened]... :

Philly over Atlanta in 5

WS:

Tampa over Philly in 6
    twins in 4
    rays in 3

philly in 4
    gaints in 5

twins/philly ws.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 19:37
    All series but the one involving the mighty Cincinnati Reds are mere struggles between soulless, corporate entities dominated by their heartless, greedy capitalist masters. Who wins between such collections is interesting only to those with a laundry fetish.

I boldly predicted before the 2009 season that the Reds would win the NL pennant in 2010. I see no stopping this group of heroes who are far more worthy of a MegaTrilogy of movies than mythical midgets with hairy feet. The fact that they will FIRST crush the Phillies, a "team" from the city with the worst fans in the galaxy (booers of Mike Schmidt) makes it even more sweeter.

Reds in 2; I do not expect the Phillies to bother to show up in Cincinnati after Halladay and Oswalt (a combined 0-3 against the Reds this year) are routed in front of their obnoxious, barely literate, drunken "fans".
  7. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 20:47
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    All series but the one involving the mighty Cincinnati Reds are mere struggles between soulless, corporate entities dominated by their heartless, greedy capitalist masters. Who wins between such collections is interesting only to those with a laundry fetish.

I boldly predicted before the 2009 season that the Reds would win the NL pennant in ...[text shortened]... the Reds this year) are routed in front of their obnoxious, barely literate, drunken "fans".
    so both you and whodey will be routing for the same team to win? -- even if whodey doesn't believe enough in his team to pick them to go very far -- do you think this should be grounds for the governor of Ohio officially revoking whodey's fan privileges in Ohio and requiring him to dress up in Yankee pinstripes for the entire month of October?
  8. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 21:021 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Philly over Cincy in 3

Giants over Atlanta in 5

Philly over Giants in 4

-------------------------

Yankees over Twins in 4

Rays over Rangers in 5

Yankees over the Rays in 7

----------------------------------

Yankees over Philly in 7
    I've been pulling for Cincinnati all season - and now you're throwing your own team under the bus?

in honor of whodey, my picks (and the expected number of games) will thus be based on which team has the lower payroll (according to baseball-reference.com)

New York - $206mill
    Philadelphia - $142mill
    San Francisco - $98mill
    Minnesota - $85mill
    Atlanta - $84mill
    Tampa Bay - $70mill
    Cincinnati - $69mill
    Texas - $54mill

Cincy over Philly in 3
    Atlanta over San Francisco in 4
    Cincy over Atlanta in 6

Minnesota over New York in 3
    Texas over Tampa Bay in 4
    Texas over Minnesota in 5

amidst the glee over winning the ALCS, Nolan Ryan will then impulsively give Vladimir Guerrero a $20mill victory gift - which will push Texas' payroll above Cincinnati - allowing me to pick:

Cincy over Texas in 7
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Oct '10 21:04
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    so both you and whodey will be routing for the same team to win? -- even if whodey doesn't believe enough in his team to pick them to go very far -- do you think this should be grounds for the governor of Ohio officially revoking whodey's fan privileges in Ohio and requiring him to dress up in Yankee pinstripes for the entire month of October?
    If whodey doesn't have someone on Fox telling him what to think, he's clueless. He has been so beaten down by the idea that the rich are smarter and better than the rest of us and that absolutely nothing can be done about it (as you can see from Debates) that he has conceded the World Series to the Yankees and other franchises of and for the MegaRich for the next 100 years. But the Reds are what the Tea Party is not; a populist tidal wave from the heartland that will sweep away the corporate lapdogs and restore order and decency to the baseball world. Hot dogs, apple pie and the Cincinnati Reds; it's like Pleasantville all over again - a return to what made America great.
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Oct '10 02:17
    Wow.

No1 has a sense of humor.

Who would have guessed?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '10 04:09
    If whodey doesn't have someone on Fox telling him what to think, he's clueless. He has been so beaten down by the idea that the rich are smarter and better than the rest of us and that absolutely nothing can be done about it (as you can see from Debates) that he has conceded the World Series to the Yankees and other franchises of and for the MegaRich for ...[text shortened]... incinnati Reds; it's like Pleasantville all over again - a return to what made America great.
    And we know your team is the Yankees. At least, it was before you claim you turned your back on them. However, I think you still cheer them on. In fact, its like your political tendencies. Just continue to cheer on the "powers that be" as they crush "the little people' beneath them and see to it that no one is able to rise to their level. Of course, at the same time you CLAIM to be on the side of the little guy. 😛
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Oct '10 13:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    And we know your team is the Yankees. At least, it was before you claim you turned your back on them. However, I think you still cheer them on. In fact, its like your political tendencies. Just continue to cheer on the "powers that be" as they crush "the little people' beneath them and see to it that no one is able to rise to their level. Of course, at the same time you CLAIM to be on the side of the little guy. 😛
    Whoa, whoa! One sec.

Are you saying that No1 used to be a Yankee fan?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '10 15:38
    Whoa, whoa! One sec.

Yes. If memory serves he throw a fit when they tore down his sacred house that Ruth built and said he would no longer follow them.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Oct '10 17:28

I boldly predicted before the 2009 season that the Reds would win the NL pennant in ...[text shortened]... the Reds this year) are routed in front of their obnoxious, barely literate, drunken "fans".
    Hey, pass some of that stuff around!!

Bold predictions do not reality make.
    Reds have had their due already.
    They should be happy as hell just to be in the dance.
    They will not make it to the show however,
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 Oct '10 17:30
    Whoa, whoa! One sec.

He was the reason they became the Yank me's

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree