1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 Oct '10 13:47
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    There are many reasons, many of them rather unusual, for why people choose the specific team(s) they want to root for or against. If No1 doesn't want to root for the Yankees because they ruined a shrine, it makes as much sense as anyone else's reasons for why their root or don't root for certain teams.
    The more disturbing thing is that anyone would consider a place a shrine because people played a ballgame there.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Oct '10 19:17
    Originally posted by sh76
    The more disturbing thing is that anyone would consider a place a shrine because people played a ballgame there.
    It's disturbing that you have such a lack of ability in debate that you have to resort to such an obvious non sequitur.
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 Oct '10 20:23
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It's disturbing that you have such a lack of ability in debate that you have to resort to such an obvious non sequitur.
    😀

Maybe try some decaf tomorrow instead.
  4. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    01 Nov '10 13:472 edits
    The world of sports will have always have "heroes" and "shrines" - even though they're not really "heroes" or "shrines" - because we like the idea of having these things without the ugly wars and disasters that are usually needed to create real "heroes" and "shrines"
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '10 13:48
    The world of sports will have always have "heroes" and "shrines" - even though they're not really "heroes" or "shrines" - because we like the idea of having these things without the ugly wars and disasters that are usually needed to create real "heroes" and "shrines"
    Amen.
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 22:09
    Looks like whodey wins, with 4 points.

Congrats, whodey!

🙂
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 13:57
    Looks like whodey wins, with 4 points.

Congrats, whodey!

🙂
    Sing it!!

I am the champion, my friends!!

Who woulda thunk I could sing this being a Dreds fan? 😵
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 14:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    Sing it!!

I am the champion, my friends!!

Who woulda thunk I could sing this being a Dreds fan? 😵
    Well, you won principally on your prediction that your Reds would go out in 3.
  9. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 21:581 edit
    Well, you won principally on your prediction that your Reds would go out in 3.
    the governor of Ohio yesterday announced that whodey's fan privileges in the state have been officially revoked for the next decade and that it applies to any team in Ohio including college teams.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '10 01:40
    the governor of Ohio yesterday announced that whodey's fan privileges in the state have been officially revoked for the next decade and that it applies to any team in Ohio including college teams.
    What can I say, its lonely at the top. :'(
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    18 Nov '10 21:20
    Bitter outgoing Democrats like to do this sort of thing. 😛
  12. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '10 22:275 edits
    Bitter outgoing Democrats like to do this sort of thing. 😛
    Governor-elect John Kasich has been considering whether or not to reinstate Whodey's fan privileges. But recently released wiretaps reveal conversations between Kasich and Ohio St football coach Jim Tressel about Whodey in which Kasich clearly says he "wants something in return". Ohio authorities have begun a comprehensive investigation into whether any improprieties were involved. This morning, Kasich issued a statement denying that he trying to make any kind of a deal. So far, Tressel has been unavailable for comment, and Whodey himself has not yet been implicated in any wrongdoing.

A recent Rasmussen poll indicated that a majority (57% ) of Ohio residents wanted to reinstate Whodey's fan privileges - but his popularity in the Cincinnati area is much lower with only 23% in favor.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '10 04:091 edit
    [b]Governor-elect John Kasich has been considering whether or not to reinstate Whodey's fan privileges. But recently released wiretaps reveal conversations between Kasich and Ohio St football coach Jim Tressel about Whodey in which Kasich clearly says he "wants something in return".
    Damn that Patriot Act!! 😠

Luckily we may be able to thwart this particular brand of terrorism if we act quickly!!
  14. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    22 Nov '10 15:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    Damn that Patriot Act!! 😠

Luckily we may be able to thwart this particular brand of terrorism if we act quickly!!
    The scandal thickens.

After the previously struggling University of Cincinnati crushed Rutgers 69-38 last Saturday night, Rutgers coach Greg Schiano stated "I am certain they knew ahead of time everything we were doing defensively...clearly this Whodey deal had something to do with it.". Wiretaps from later last Saturday revealed Kasich making suspicious comments including "that was too obvious....we need to cover our tracks..." and he also mumbled something about the NFL. Schiano has called for a complete investigation and wants the Bearcats to forfeit the game. The authorities are now also investigating the Bengals and the Browns.

So far, Whodey himself has yet to be implicated in any wrongdoing. All of the coaches targeted in the investigations have declined comment.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    22 Nov '10 15:38
    The scandal thickens.

After the previously struggling University of Cincinnati crushed Rutgers 69-38 last Saturday night, Rutgers coach Greg Schiano stated "I am certain they knew ahead of time everything we were doing defensively...clearly this Whodey deal had something to do with it.". Wiretaps from later last Saturday revealed Kasich making suspicio ...[text shortened]... in any wrongdoing. All of the coaches targeted in the investigations have declined comment.
    Oh, don't worry... it would be very, very difficult to accuse the Bengals and Browns of doing anything illicit that would tend to allow them to win...

😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree