1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    17 Oct '10 13:30
    Originally posted by quackquack
    As you know there are fewer seats in new Yankee stadium so there is a slight decline in attendance. But revenues in the past two years are up as their are more boxes and more revenue per seat. Since the city needs money to operate, it is never bad to do things that increase revenue. I am sure that NYC and the Yankees in no way regret their decision to ...[text shortened]... kee Stadium and with 3,765,000 million fans, I am sure no one can whether or not you were there.
    The revenue to the Yankees is probably up; the revenue to the rest of the community is down (YOU were the one talking about parking and restaurants);. The Yankees benefit; the city, its people and a 500,000 fans lose.

Way to go.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    17 Oct '10 14:27
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The revenue to the Yankees is probably up; the revenue to the rest of the community is down (YOU were the one talking about parking and restaurants);. The Yankees benefit; the city, its people and a 500,000 fans lose.

Way to go.
    Who cares??
  3. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '10 20:33

Way to go.
    I still enjoy going to Yankee games and I am pretty sure you aren't missed.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 12:56
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I still enjoy going to Yankee games and I am pretty sure you aren't missed.
    Good logical "argument".
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 15:27

Way to go.
    if revenue to the Yankees is up, that gives them even more money to spend on premium players -- which in turn produce more wins for the 500,000 fans to enjoy -- and more posts for everyone at RHP to enjoy about how the Yankees are ruining baseball.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 11:49
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    if revenue to the Yankees is up, that gives them even more money to spend on premium players -- which in turn produce more wins for the 500,000 fans to enjoy -- and more posts for everyone at RHP to enjoy about how the Yankees are ruining baseball.
    As long as the Rangers keep ruining the Yankees then Texas and the rest of good ol' USA are happy!
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 14:59
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    As long as the Rangers keep ruining the Yankees then Texas and the rest of good ol' USA are happy!
    We'll see how happy you are when, the day after you march through downtown Dallas on your parade, Cliff Lee dons the pinstripes at a press conference on River Avenue.
  8. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    21 Oct '10 01:261 edit

Way to go.
    My son and I went to our first game at the new stadium. We sat 21 rows behind first base. Ticket price was $285 per seat. Awsome view. Two foot long dogs, fries, a smalll bear and soda came $31 bucks. To top things off, Swisher hits a walk of homer to win the game! Priceless.Worth every penny. 😵 Parking $23 bucks right across the street.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '10 16:10
    Originally posted by YEAH BOY
    My son and I went to our first game at the new stadium. We sat 21 rows behind first base. Ticket price was $285 per seat. Awsome view. Two foot long dogs, fries, a smalll bear and soda came $31 bucks. To top things off, Swisher hits a walk of homer to win the game! Priceless.Worth every penny. 😵 Parking $23 bucks right across the street.
    Brings back memories of youthful adventures with my own son... rec'd.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Oct '10 17:10
    Originally posted by YEAH BOY
    It's nice you can afford $625 to take your son to one baseball game. The great majority of fans can't.
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    21 Oct '10 19:04
    It's nice you can afford $625 to take your son to one baseball game. The great majority of fans can't.
    Surely a hot shot NY attorney can afford those prices. Why scoff, you have less competition for the seats? Surely you are not doing a pro bono for the working class.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Oct '10 19:39
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Surely a hot shot NY attorney can afford those prices. Why scoff, you have less competition for the seats? Surely you are not doing a pro bono for the working class.
    😴😴😴

I never said I could or couldn't afford it (it's NOYFB either way). I was discussing the average Yankee fan who surely cannot afford $625 to take his kid to a ballgame. Maybe that's why attendance dropped a half a million when they moved into the Corporate Montrosity. Maybe making it so working class kids can no longer go to a Yankee game will have consequences 10-20 years down the line.
  13. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '10 20:53
    😴😴😴

I never said I could or couldn't afford it (it's NOYFB either way). I was discussing the average Yankee fan who surely cannot afford $625 to take his kid to a ballgame. Maybe that's why attendance dropped a half a million when they moved into the Corporate Montrosity. Maybe making it so working class kids can no longer go to a Yankee game will have consequences 10-20 years down the line.
    By your own figures the Yankees averaged over 46,000 per game. While, I would not pay that kind of money to see a game (nor do you have to as there are far cheaper seat available in the park), Yankee tickets are still being purchased at extraordinarily rapid rates.
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Oct '10 22:23
    😴😴😴

Attendance dropped half a million because the building has fewer seats, not because people are staying away.

Of course most people can't afford $625 to take a kid to a ballgame, but bleacher tickets still cost $14 (http://mlb.mlb.com/nyy/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp). Now, even "cheap" tickets are becoming expensive for lower and lower middle class families (I remember my father taking us to the Stadium in the Don Mattingly days and general admission upper deck tickets were $4; bleachers were $2.50), but it's not quite as non-affordable as the anecdote implies.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 00:321 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Attendance dropped half a million because the building has fewer seats, not because people are staying away.

Of course most people can't afford $625 to take a kid to a ballgame, but bleacher tickets still cost $14 (http://mlb.mlb.com/nyy/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp). Now, even "cheap" tickets are becoming expensive for lower and lower middle class families ...[text shortened]... ere $4; bleachers were $2.50), but it's not quite as non-affordable as the anecdote implies.
    It dropped for both reasons; the high priced seats near the field had many noticeably empty seats something that was unheard of the last few years of Yankee Stadium. We both know this was widely reported at the time; do I have to dig up an internet link?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree