1. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 02:04
    things were going so well for the Reds -- they were up 4-0 -- then...errors, walks, hit batters...a ball lost in the lights...aghhhh!!!! And what happened to super-Arnoldis?

Whodey. This is your fault. My picks are now in severe danger. It's good that you got your fan privileges reinstated - but you can't root for your team for the first half of the game and then assume it's in the bag. Your team needs you to go the full 9 innings.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 02:04
    The Reds' use of innovative strategical concepts continues; deliberately dropping and missing a slew of creampuffs put into play by the Phillies, pretending they didn't know what base to throw to and butchering simple relay plays to build up Philadelphia overconfidence was something even I hadn't anticipated.

Now we have them right where we want them, already thinking of a World Series rematch with the Yankees. It will all the more sweet when that tablecloth is pulled out from under them starting Sunday.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 02:212 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Reds' use of innovative strategical concepts continues; deliberately dropping and missing a slew of creampuffs put into play by the Phillies, pretending they didn't know what base to throw to and butchering simple relay plays to build up Philadelphia overconfidence was something even I hadn't anticipated.

Now we have them right whe ...[text shortened]... t will all the more sweet when that tablecloth is pulled out from under them starting Sunday.
    The Dreds can't just lose, they have to lose in dramatic fashion. The first game they could not get a hit which was an accomplishment that has only occured twice in post season play in MLB history. Now they made 4 errors in a post season game, an accomplishment that has not been done since 1919. Do any of you know the significance of the year 1919? It was the year of the Black Sox. They had 4 errors because they were trying to lose the friggin game!!!

As for your views on sports, they are about as accurate as your political views. All I can say is that it pains me being right all the time, just so ya know. 😵

As for Yankee fans like yourself, they are akin to people cheering the sun rising every day and getting exited when it does. Face it, baseball is broken. Small market teams like the Reds/Twins simply don't belong in post season play.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 02:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    The Dreds can't just lose, they have to lose in dramatic fashion. The first game they could not get a hit which was an accomplishment that has only occured twice in post season play in MLB history. Now they made 4 errors in a post season game, an accomplishment that has not been done since 1919. Do any of you know the significance of the year 1919? It was ...[text shortened]... ll is broken. Small market teams like the Reds/Twins simply don't belong in post season play.
    Your broken record is tiresome. The Phillies were considered a "small market team" 10 years ago when they sucked. The Twins are now in the upper half of payroll and revenue. The Rangers have one of the lowest payrolls in baseball, but they are up 2-0 and have a good shot of winning the whole thing.

If you hate baseball soooooooooooooooo much, stop watching it and complaining about it; like your attitude toward politics with your moronic "LOLs" and constant repeating of untruths even after their untruthfulness has been explained to you, your attitude towards baseball is childish and idiotic.
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 12:402 edits
    Now they made 4 errors in a post season game, an accomplishment that has not been done since 1919. Do any of you know the significance of the year 1919? It was the year of the Black Sox. They had 4 errors because they were trying to lose the friggin game!!!

say it ain't so, Joey..

but really....why should baseball be any different from politics where its always been about who's paying off whom? -- maybe the Tea Party's big donors can now finally ride to the rescue of the little guy and open the coffers to pay off the Phillies' big stars, especially Hamels and Halladay.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 13:59
    Your broken record is tiresome. .
    That is one thing we can agree on. 😵

As for the Rangers, they are the next sacrifician lamb. Even though the Rays pay a little more in payroll, they are pretty much equivalent to the Rangers in payroll.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 14:04
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    [b]Now they made 4 errors in a post season game, an accomplishment that has not been done since 1919. Do any of you know the significance of the year 1919? It was the year of the Black Sox. They had 4 errors because they were trying to lose the friggin game!!!

say it ain't so, Joey..

but really....why should baseball be any different from pol ...[text shortened]... guy and open the coffers to pay off the Phillies' big stars, especially Hamels and Halladay.[/b]
    The world all revolves around the almighty dollar. You and I know that but Maruader would try to have us believe otheriwise. Of course, it is fans like him who have a horse in the race so he defends the "powers that be" because he likes them.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 14:302 edits
    The world all revolves around the almighty dollar. You and I know that but Maruader would try to have us believe otheriwise. Of course, it is fans like him who have a horse in the race so he defends the "powers that be" because he likes them.
    Is there some reason you have to lie even in this forum? You're perfectly aware that I'm no longer a Yankee fan and haven't been since they tore Yankee Stadium down but insist on incessantly repeating that false claim. What exactly is wrong with you? Are you really that petty a person that you must rely on lies to attempt to bolster your pathetic arguments?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 18:59
    The Dreds can't just lose, they have to lose in dramatic fashion. The first game they could not get a hit which was an accomplishment that has only occured twice in post season play in MLB history. Now they made 4 errors in a post season game, an accomplishment that has not been done since 1919. Do any of you know the significance of the year 1919? It was ...[text shortened]... ll is broken. Small market teams like the Reds/Twins simply don't belong in post season play.
    Mr. Right All the Time: Now they made 4 errors in a post season game, an accomplishment that has not been done since 1919. Do any of you know the significance of the year 1919? It was the year of the Black Sox. They had 4 errors because they were trying to lose the friggin game!!!

First idiot, there have been many instances of teams committing 4 errors in a postseason game, the most recent being the Chicago Cubs two years ago against the Dodgers.

Second, just to show how utterly careless you are with facts, go to this link: http://www.baseball-reference.com/postseason/1919_WS.shtml and look at Game 7. The Black Sox weren't the ones who made the 4 errors; the Reds were.

What a moron you are.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 02:21
    Is there some reason you have to lie even in this forum? You're perfectly aware that I'm no longer a Yankee fan and haven't been since they tore Yankee Stadium down but insist on incessantly repeating that false claim. What exactly is wrong with you? Are you really that petty a person that you must rely on lies to attempt to bolster your pathetic arguments?
    I find it hard to believe you turned your back on them just for tearing down their old stadium but if you insist I suppose I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 02:211 edit
    Mr. Right All the Time: Now they made 4 errors in a post season game, an accomplishment that has not been done since 1919. Do any of you know the significance of the year 1919? It was the year of the Black Sox. They had 4 errors because they were trying to lose the friggin game!!!

First idiot, there have been many instances of teams comm ...[text shortened]... ox weren't the ones who made the 4 errors; the Reds were.

What a moron you are.
    Actually I had just heard it on the radio and was just blowing off some steam. It appears you got to do the same. 😵

As for the Reds committing those errors in 1919, that is hilarious!!
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 18:31
    You're perfectly aware that I'm no longer a Yankee fan and haven't been since they tore Yankee Stadium down
    Are you talking about a few months ago or the renovations in 1974-75?
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 21:06
    Originally posted by sh76
    Are you talking about a few months ago or the renovations in 1974-75?
    Are you ignorant enough to think that Yankee Stadium was torn down in 1974-75?
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 01:47
    Are you ignorant enough to think that Yankee Stadium was torn down in 1974-75?
    See; that's where my confusion comes in.

Unless I am completely misremembering, I seem to recall your saying something about being a Reds fan last year. Yet, Yankee Stadium was not torn down until this past off-season.

The renos of the 70s were comprehensive enough so that some people thought of it being kind of a new stadium.

In any case, the concept of someone actually ceasing to root for a team because they changed stadiums is so odd that I'm having trouble taking the statement at face value.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    11 Oct '10 05:42

Now we have them right whe ...[text shortened]... t will all the more sweet when that tablecloth is pulled out from under them starting Sunday.
    The Phillies have the Reds right where they wanted them as well....SWEPT out of the playoffs!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree