Seahawks will win NFC west

Seahawks will win NFC west

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U

Moves
17 Dec 12

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Niners win and the fans are asking "Who is Alex Smith?"

Guess the hawks won't be winning the west either.

Also looking good for Texans to have home field advantage throughout playoffs.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

49ers fans are split between Smith and Kaepernick.

t

Moves
17 Dec 12

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
Whew! That was close.

I hope Justin Smith's injury isn't serious. We'll need him against the Seahawks.

Hopefully after d***ishly running the score against two bad teams Pete Carroll won't respect the 49ers D.
That wasn't running up the score. He put the backups in for chrissake. He wanted reps and to practice a trick punt in a game situation... It also gives other teams something to think about when they see it while watching film.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Dec 12

The Seahawks certainly looked impressive the last two weeks. The Bills played poorly, but hey Seattle won a game they needed to win on the road. The Niner win does make it pretty unlikely that they can take the west, however.

t

Moves
17 Dec 12
2 edits

Originally posted by no1marauder
The Seahawks certainly looked impressive the last two weeks. The Bills played poorly, but hey Seattle won a game they needed to win on the road. The Niner win does make it pretty unlikely that they can take the west, however.
We'll just have to win out and see if the Cardinals can conjure some magic from the beginning of the season.

Do you think switching to CK over Smith was the correct choice? I'm still not certain it was even though CK played well against the 49ers... No matter how well he plays, if the 49ers don't make it to the superbowl, Harbaugh will be criticized and this will possibly cause dissension in the locker room from those still loyal to Smith.

Also, can't you say any team that gets blown out played poorly, especially when the standard they have to play to is their opponent? Would the same team be blown away by any team on that particular day or did the winning team just make them look horrible? Its hard to say I hope its the latter but I can see many things that the Bills did wrong, especially all those drops by TJ Graham, but I know the Hawks defense is good I'm more impressed with an offense that is showing it has what it takes to be explosive and punish miscues by the other team.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by tomtom232
We'll just have to win out and see if the Cardinals can conjure some magic from the beginning of the season.

Do you think switching to CK over Smith was the correct choice? I'm still not certain it was even though CK played well against the 49ers... No matter how well he plays, if the 49ers don't make it to the superbowl, Harbaugh will be criticized an that is showing it has what it takes to be explosive and punish miscues by the other team.
The Bills had no containment on Wilson, turned the ball over three times and generally looked awful. The talent levels in the NFL aren't so great that any team can be expected to win over another by over 30 points. The Bills were bad, but Seattle certainly took advantage of their badness.

I guess we'll see if Seattle's offense is as good as it has been the last few weeks or more like it was in Game 1 against the 49ers. I didn't like the QB change at SF (why bench a QB in the top 5 in QB rating who's winning?) but Harbaugh prefers CK and that's it. He certainly made some nice deep throws against New England last night though their secondary isn't great.

EDIT: The fake punt was bush.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Dec 12
1 edit

The results today make it highly likely that the Pats won't get a first round bye as I don't see Denver losing at home to either Cleveland or Kansas City or the Texans losing both their games.

Z

Moves
17 Dec 12

San Francisco at Seattle this Sunday night. Easily the game of the week. Early lines have San Fran at -1.

U

Moves
17 Dec 12

Do you think switching to CK over Smith was the correct choice? I'm still not certain it was even though CK played well against the 49ers... No matter how well he plays, if the 49ers don't make it to the superbowl, Harbaugh will be criticized an ...[text shortened]... that is showing it has what it takes to be explosive and punish miscues by the other team.
CK played well against the 49ers? I'm assuming that was a typo.

"No matter how well he plays, if the 49ers don't make it to the superbowl, Harbaugh will be criticized and this will possibly cause dissension in the locker room from those still loyal to Smith."

Who cares if he's criticized? Anyone who says "Superbowl or bust" now that he switched quarterbacks shouldn't be taken seriously anyway. Alex Smith was FAR from being a sure thing to win the Superbowl. Hell, he wasn't even a sure thing to get to the playoffs. Also, anyone who criticizes him no matter how well Kaepernick plays can't be taken seriously, either.

If the locker room was going to be fractured it would have happened by now. I have no doubt some players who've played with Smith for years weren't happy about the switch, but unlike certain fans the players don't have absurd expectations.

t

Moves
17 Dec 12
2 edits

"No matter how well he plays, if the 49ers don't make it to the superbowl, Harbaugh will be criticized and this will possibly cause dissension in the locker room from those still loyal to Smith."

Who cares if he's criticized? Anyone who says "Superbowl or bust" now that he switc out the switch, but unlike certain fans the players don't have absurd expectations.
Well, everybody knows the Pats weakness now. Teams with strong defense and running seem to have been their achilles heel all year.

I guess the texans would be an exception but I think their coahces just messed up the game plan refusing to follow the blueprint of lowly teams like the seahawks, ravens, and cardinals.

U

Moves
17 Dec 12
1 edit

Well, everybody knows the Pats weakness now. Teams with strong defense and running seem to have been their achilles heel all year.

I guess the texans would be an exception but I think their coahces just messed up the game plan refusing to follow the blueprint of lowly teams like the seahawks, ravens, and cardinals.
The 49ers beat them in the air, not with a strong run game.

I think you're oversimplifying things. The Rams have a good defense and they got slaughtered by the Patriots.

Any team who's playing strong defense and running the ball well against any team has a good chance to win. That's not just a Patriots thing.

There are a handful of strong defenses in the league, but the 49ers D is in a league of their own. Holding the Patriots to 3 points for 2 quarters is nuts. The Patriots only tied it up when the Niners stupidly switched to a "prevent" defense (if it ain't broke!). As soon as the Niners reverted back to man coverage we were stopping them once again.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Dec 12

Who cares if he's criticized? Anyone who says "Superbowl or bust" now that he switc ...[text shortened]... out the switch, but unlike certain fans the players don't have absurd expectations.
The 49ers were 6-2 with Smith starting. It would have been a shock if they didn't make the playoffs without the switch. I guess technically your statement that it wasn't a "sure thing" is correct (nothing is a "sure thing" in the NFL) but it seems an overstatement.

The Falcons looked impressive crushing the Giants and the Packers are back playing well including on defense. At this point, I'd say the NFC is up for grabs between those teams though the Falcons haven't had much success in the playoffs in the recent past. The Redskins might ruin one of those team's party but I don't see them making a run to the SB. The Giants are always dangerous if they get to the playoffs, but that looks doubtful at this point.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Dec 12

The 49ers beat them in the air, not with a strong run game.

I think you're oversimplifying things. The Rams have a good defense and they got slaughtered by the Patriots.

Any team who's playing strong defense and running the ball well against any team has a good chance to win. That's not just a Patriots thing.

There are a handful ...[text shortened]... e!). As soon as the Niners reverted back to man coverage we were stopping them once again.
The 49ers ran 39 times for 180 yards against the Pats. That sure sounds like a "strong run game" to me.

U

Moves
17 Dec 12

The 49ers were 6-2 with Smith starting. It would have been a shock if they didn't make the playoffs without the switch. I guess technically your statement that it wasn't a "sure thing" is correct (nothing is a "sure thing" in the NFL) but it seems an overstatement.

The Falcons looked impressive crushing the Giants and the Packers are ...[text shortened]... e always dangerous if they get to the playoffs, but that looks doubtful at this point.
"Technically" implies it's only true on a technicality. With Smith at the helm the 49ers were far from being the favorite to win the Superbowl. I'm not saying we're the favorites now either, but to imply NOT winning the Superbowl means Kaepernick was a failure is ludicrous.

U

Moves
17 Dec 12

The 49ers ran 39 times for 180 yards against the Pats. That sure sounds like a "strong run game" to me.
I wasn't suggesting the run was weak, but we beat them in the air. 4 touchdown passes, all four of which were over 20 yards and 2 of those were over 30.

Those deep TD passes were much more decisive than our run.

t

Moves
17 Dec 12

I wasn't suggesting the run was weak, but we beat them in the air. 4 touchdown passes, all four of which were over 20 yards and 2 of those were over 30.

Those deep TD passes were much more decisive than our run.
A strong run game opens up the deep ball.

Thats why it is the Patriots weakness, because they have poor Dbacks. Any defensive back in the NFL can look like a star if he only has to play the pass but once you get them to hesitate a little or come a little too far forward then BOOM over the top for a TD. I'd hardly give credit to CK for those as any QB worth his salt would play well when their team runs for 180 yards and I would pick Smith to put up even bigger numbers through the air on a night like last night.

The difference is CK can get the defense to cheat up even in a five wide set because he can run the ball... however, I'm still not sold on him playing over A Smith.