World Cup 2010

World Cup 2010

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Jul 10

Originally posted by Palynka
Damn it, bet ruining goal. 😠
Condolences, Pal, from one who's been there... and still runs with the hound and dies with the hare.

h

Moves
06 Jul 10

Originally posted by Lundos
Offside?
It's debatable. Van Persie didn't touch the ball... however he could have been considered to be interfering with play by being where he was. Debatable debatable.

Back to basics

About

Moves
06 Jul 10

Originally posted by hopscotch
It's debatable. Van Persie didn't touch the ball... however he could have been considered to be interfering with play by being where he was. Debatable debatable.
There's nothing debatable about his interfering. He kicks after the ball and influence both the defense and keeper. If he is in an offside position, the goal should have ruled offside. Simple and easy.

h

Moves
06 Jul 10

There's nothing debatable about his interfering. He kicks after the ball and influence both the defense and keeper. If he is in an offside position, the goal should have ruled offside. Simple and easy.
He didn't touch the ball, actually. He quickly dragged his right leg out of its way to prevent himself from touching it. The rest is debatable.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Jul 10

Beginning to seem, to this neophyte soccer fan, that critical officiating

calls have become one major game outcome variable. Am I wrong?

Back to basics

About

Moves
06 Jul 10

He didn't touch the ball, actually. He quickly dragged his right leg out of its way to prevent himself from touching it. The rest is debatable.
Lol. So the next time any team attacks, they should post an attacker in front of the goalie to interfere with his vision and kick after the ball, but that's okay because he didn't hit it? 😕

h

Moves
06 Jul 10

Lol. So the next time any team attacks, they should post an attacker in front of the goalie to interfere with his vision and kick after the ball, but that's okay because he didn't hit it? 😕
That's the debatable part! How much was he interfering? We'll have to ask the ref and the linesman.

Back to basics

About

Moves
06 Jul 10

That's the debatable part! How much was he interfering? We'll have to ask the ref and the linesman.
No, we'll have to ask the defenders and goalie.

Back to basics

About

Moves
06 Jul 10

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Beginning to seem, to this neophyte soccer fan, that critical officiating

calls have become one major game outcome variable. Am I wrong?
Nope, sadly not.

h

Moves
06 Jul 10

No, we'll have to ask the defenders and goalie.
I don't speak Uruguayan!

Back to basics

About

Moves
06 Jul 10

I don't speak Uruguayan!
I'm sure it'll come up in an interview at some point. 😉

Anyway, tomorrow the two best teams will play what should have been the final.

h

Moves
06 Jul 10

I'm sure it'll come up in an interview at some point. 😉

Anyway, tomorrow the two best teams will play what should have been the final.
I agree with you there.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
06 Jul 10
1 edit

You can see the goalkeeper hesitating as the ball passes by Van Persie. BUT VP is only ahead by millimeters so it's not a blatant mistake as it would be very hard for the linesman to spot it.

o
Art is hard

Moves
06 Jul 10

You can see the goalkeeper hesitating as the ball passes by Van Persie. BUT VP is only ahead by millimeters so it's not a blatant mistake as it would be very hard for the linesman to spot it.
Yeah, I agree, it should have been offside.

Uruguay were really impressive after the break, but broke once they conceded that goal. One really has to make a call for video reviews, even I admit it greatly influenced the match - though I thought we would still win it, this is debatable...

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Jul 10

You seem to refer to today's incident almost as if it was an isolated exception,

while it's seeming to begin to echo questionable calls since the match began.