World Cup 2010

World Cup 2010

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
11 Jul 10

Originally posted by Palynka
Are you kidding me? You think the ref aided Spain? 😵

What penalty kick?
No, he said penalty LICK, I think it's a baseball thing.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
11 Jul 10

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Hell, Netherlands should have won it in regulation when Robben was hooked on the break away. At worst they would have had a penalty lick if the officials had been worth a crap. They all seemed more intent on issuing yellow cards. The officiating was the biggest joke of the world cup.
All that happened outside the box... No penalty.

Robben should've scored earlier, but he messed up. I thought the ref was quite composed acually, for a game where the Dutch seemed intent on hurting the Spaniards.
While on the subject of Robben - Jesus, what a little girl. He 's gonna be a contender for an Oscar in the next Disney movie.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
11 Jul 10

What penalty kick?
The ref DIDN'T make the hooking call. Robben was headed to the goal unchallenged and the defender clearly had his arm clear around Robben and held him up. Go look at the game film again...roughly 6 minutes to go in regulation.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 Jul 10

FAIL
Pal: Brazil 3 - 0 Spain

Much bigger FAIL.

Moves
11 Jul 10

Originally posted by hopscotch
He thinks Spain's goal was offside.

Care to join me for a rousing bit of LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL?
😵

Boa

Moves
11 Jul 10

Did you see a different game then? How did he not aid Spain? 😵

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
11 Jul 10
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
Pal: Brazil 3 - 0 Spain

Much bigger FAIL.
Not really, considering the date I made that prediction. I still think the Netherlands fluked out a win against a much superior Brazil and as they showed here fast breaks can expose Spain's defense and no team can counter like this Brazilian team.

Also, your prediction was obvious as finals are usually cagey affairs and you still managed to make a fool of yourself by gloating too early.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
11 Jul 10

Originally posted by Bane of apologists
He probably should have sent of 3 Dutch players...

Moves
11 Jul 10

Originally posted by shortcircuit
The ref DIDN'T make the hooking call. Robben was headed to the goal unchallenged and the defender clearly had his arm clear around Robben and held him up. Go look at the game film again...roughly 6 minutes to go in regulation.
it was outside the box, no pen. had it been inside the box robben would've went down and might have got his pen but since it was outside from the way i see it he played on trying to score and the ref didn't give a free kick because robben usually goes down with the slightest bit of contact but didn’t this time, therefore probably thought it wasn't bad enough to warrant a free kick.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
11 Jul 10

Originally posted by Bane of apologists
The Dutch could have easily had 4 players sent off and if anyone had a good reason to complain about a not-given penalty was Xabi Alonso.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
11 Jul 10

The Dutch could have easily had 4 players sent off and if anyone had a good reason to complain about a not-given penalty was Xabi Alonso.
Yup. Today I want to hide my Dutch passport.

Man, those Dutch boys played really disgusting type of football. I was surprised at the lack of blood...

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
11 Jul 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Crowley
Yup. Today I want to hide my Dutch passport.

Man, those Dutch boys played really disgusting type of football. I was surprised at the lack of blood...
It's just football, man. 🙂

And in its history the Netherlands team played some of the most beautiful football ever. I hope they go back to their stylish roots and drop the aggression.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
11 Jul 10

It's just football, man. 🙂

And in its history the Netherlands team played some of the most beautiful football ever. I hope they go back to their stylish roots and drop the aggression.
I don't follow all their games, but I've always enjoyed seeing them play.

When did they decide that killing their opponents was the only way to victory? Is it the coach?

Moves
11 Jul 10

Originally posted by Crowley
I don't follow all their games, but I've always enjoyed seeing them play.

When did they decide that killing their opponents was the only way to victory? Is it the coach?
partly the coach, partly the type of player they have at the moment. they simply can't complete with the big nations playing pretty football with the players they have at the moment. playing hard and ugly got them to a world cup final so i don't see them changing any time soon.

there was a different coach in 2006 but they had the same tactic against portugal at the world cup.

h

Right here. No, here

Moves
12 Jul 10

Originally posted by trev33
it was outside the box, no pen. had it been inside the box robben would've went down and might have got his pen but since it was outside from the way i see it he played on trying to score and the ref didn't give a free kick because robben usually goes down with the slightest bit of contact but didn’t this time, therefore probably thought it wasn't bad enough to warrant a free kick.
Given the obvious goal-scoring opportunity available to Robben, had Webb called the initial foul, then the Spaniard would've been sent off. Allowing the advantage, Webb still could've cautioned Puyol at the next stoppage which would've been his second yellow resulting in a send-off.

That said, the Dutch could've been down one or two players by that point. All in all, the players from both teams chose to play cynical, ugly soccer. Webb had no impact on the result.