1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '09 16:16
    Originally posted by blade68
    Trev, what are you going on about here mate?
    'Crouch can't head the ball'???? - look at some of Spurs goals this season - long ball up to Crouch, flick on, Defoe in behind....

I'm a Heskey fan I'll admit (and I'd rather England started with Heskey than Crouch)...however, your comment 'he's not a player who you're going to bring on with 20 mins to go in n ...[text shortened]... ere on the pitch, flick on, Defoe/Rooney/Owen in behind.... see any similarities...?
    he's not dominant in the air for his height i don't care what anyone says. he says himself he would rather have the ball played to his feet. like i said i'd take heskey and agbonlahor as target men.
  2. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    19 Dec '09 16:24
    Originally posted by phil3000
    He is to predictable and to slow !
    The best defenders in the world cup will deal with him ,no problem !
    Different story if you have J Cole or Milner running at you , its a defenders worst nightmere ..
    The worst thing though, we haven't progressed past the quarters with Beckham, and unless you think this side is far superior to any previous "Beckham ...[text shortened]... will be the same old story !!!!
    What do you think blade about Englands chances /Beckham ?
    Beckham has never relied on speed anyway, he's never ever been the type of player that bombed down the wing, beat a couple of players and delivered a cross.
    Beckham's ability is to find half a yard of space and then deliver, so the age issue you raise is nullified...
    The best defenders in the world have never dealt with him, that's what Trev and myself are trying to say...
    I like Joe Cole (I missed him out of my 23 as well! I'll include him at the expense of Owen I think), but Milner is a bread and butter player for me, with the exception o a couple of decent goals this season he doesn't do much - I'd take him though 'cos he can cover a few positions.
    It's not solely Beckham's fault that we've not progressed past the quarter-finals is it? Or are you suggesting we were a one man team back then?
    Realistically, I believe England have the quality to win the WC next year, but if we win it, I'll credit Fabio Capello as being the most influential member of the squad, as it's he who has made the players believe that they're as good as the Brazilians, Germans and Italians...
    England now has a winning mentality, whereas before I think we had more of a 'hope' mentality....
  3. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    19 Dec '09 16:26
    Originally posted by trev33
    he's not dominant in the air for his height i don't care what anyone says. he says himself he would rather have the ball played to his feet. like i said i'd take heskey and agbonlahor as target men.
    Ha ha ha...'I don't care what anyone says'!!!!!!

You obviously do or you wouldn't be arguing about it!

😉
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '09 16:34
    Beckham has never relied on speed anyway, he's never ever been the type of player that bombed down the wing, beat a couple of players and delivered a cross.
    Beckham's ability is to find half a yard of space and then deliver, so the age issue you raise is nullified...
    The best defenders in the world have never dealt with him, that's what Trev and myself are ...[text shortened]... a winning mentality, whereas before I think we had more of a 'hope' mentality....
    If England win the World Cup with Beckham , it will restore my faith in miracles !!!
  5. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    19 Dec '09 16:40
    Originally posted by phil3000
    If England win the World Cup with Beckham , it will restore my faith in miracles !!!
    I think we can win it with him or without him (I'd rather have him there though).

No Miracles Required!
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '09 16:49
    I think we can win it with him or without him (I'd rather have him there though).

No Miracles Required!
    Keep posting blade , i like that sort of talk 😉
  7. Joined
    29 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Dec '09 18:58
    The best defenders in the world have never dealt with him, that's what Trev and myself are ...[text shortened]... a winning mentality, whereas before I think we had more of a 'hope' mentality....
    You guys still need to beat Slovenia which is not certain. The trouble with Slovenia is that nobody takes them seriously, although everyone says they do. And they are surprisingly strong physically and resilient. I predict Slovenia will win the group with England only second. As far as the gold medal goes there's only one team for me - Spain. Italy might do well too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree