world cup predictions

world cup predictions

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
15 Dec 09

Originally posted by eljefejesus
Sure France had a bad year in South Korea, but then this year there is no reason to suspect that they will again have to play with so many important players.

Edit: as to the Ireland vs France comment, still you have to admit that Uruguay would be more likely to give them a run than South Africa... and even then wouldn't be likely to get a better result than did Ireland.
I meant that South Korea was carried by the refs when they were hosts.

i

Moves
15 Dec 09

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Ireland beating Italy, Rubin Kazan beating Barcelona, Liverpool beating United, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc...

Look through any World Cup, and you'll find unlikely results.

A man who posts "only right answer" type comments in a predictions thread, is a man who doesn't know soccer. "Most likely answer" would be accurate.

D
Rubin Kazan is not such a bad team. They are now Russian champs twice in a row and will play in CL next fall and in Europa league in the spring. Although their best player has just signed with Valencia.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
15 Dec 09

Originally posted by infomast
Rubin Kazan is not such a bad team.
Neither are Uruguay or South Africa.

D

e

Moves
16 Dec 09

Tell you what, put your misguided conviction where your mouth is.

Seeing as you know the absolute and guaranteed results, I'll put on a tenner with you at 1,000,000 to 1 that France and Mexico don't get out of the group.

Seeing as you are stating the it is a fact that France and Mexico will get out of the group, you have absolutely nothing to fear.
...[text shortened]... ur good self here. Or else you're just a fan of McCarthyism? And I don't mean Mick.

D
Why don't I just give bad odds on every conviction to every fool that thinks they've found a bigger fool?

If I were a gambler (on a recorded public forum rather than a fun informal wager between friends, no less), I would at put a couple hundred dollars US on Mexico/France making it out, despite the fact that mathematically one would have to consider several combinations, I would discount those combinations more than you would, no doubt.

e

Moves
16 Dec 09

Originally posted by mtthw
And France now (unless they seriously get their act together) are not as strong as Argentina 1990 or France 2002.
I'll give you that much, but that may be an advantage as far as having less pressure of being number 1 in the rankings...

e

Moves
16 Dec 09

Originally posted by Palynka
I meant that South Korea was carried by the refs when they were hosts.
True enough, they'd better prepare to do a lot of carrying on the first match, Mexico vs S.Africa...

Moves
16 Dec 09

Why don't I just give bad odds on every conviction to every fool that thinks they've found a bigger fool?

If I were a gambler (on a recorded public forum rather than a fun informal wager between friends, no less), I would at put a couple hundred dollars US on Mexico/France making it out, despite the fact that mathematically one would have to consider several combinations, I would discount those combinations more than you would, no doubt.
wut?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
16 Dec 09

True enough, they'd better prepare to do a lot of carrying on the first match, Mexico vs S.Africa...
Well... They carried SK over Portugal, Spain and Italy. That's a LOT of carrying.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
16 Dec 09

But Cameroon beat Argentina in a group of 24, are you implying that South Africa 2010 will not be significantly lacking in comparison with Cameroon in 1990? Also, Argentina advanced from their group in that game, in fact all the way to the finals...

Senegal meanwhile was playing a France team that did not have its star player, Zidahn.
What's your point?

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
16 Dec 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
greatest thing ever i saw yesterday, i watched Robin Hood, prince of thieves, at the end King Richard the lion heart shows up with a Scottish accent, and all the people bow to him, ahhhh that is the way it should be i thought, then it turns out that is Sean Connery, who like Alan Hansen is practically an Englishman anyway, but even though i thought it was a nice touch!
There's not much to look at Robbie if that's 'the greatest thing you ever saw'!!

I thought all Scottish heroes had Australian accents anyway? (Mel Gibson?)

...and a little known fact for you - Robin Hood was not from Nottingham as is thought by most people... he was in fact from Sheffield! (Robin of Loxley - which is an area of Sheffield!)

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
16 Dec 09

If there is only 1 "right answer", then what are you doing considering "several combinations"?

Just admit you made a ridiculous statement in a predictions thread, and we can all move on.

D

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
16 Dec 09

If there is only 1 "right answer", then what are you doing considering "several combinations"?

Just admit you made a ridiculous statement in a predictions thread, and we can all move on.

D
😵

rc

Moves
16 Dec 09

Originally posted by blade68
There's not much to look at Robbie if that's 'the greatest thing you ever saw'!!

I thought all Scottish heroes had Australian accents anyway? (Mel Gibson?)

...and a little known fact for you - Robin Hood was not from Nottingham as is thought by most people... he was in fact from Sheffield! (Robin of Loxley - which is an area of Sheffield!)
really, he was from Sheffield? why did he hang out with the sheriff of Nottingham?

e

Moves
17 Dec 09

Originally posted by trev33
wut?
you had to be there...

e

Moves
17 Dec 09

Originally posted by Palynka
Well... They carried SK over Portugal, Spain and Italy. That's a LOT of carrying.
Yes it is.
Still South Korea has been disciplined and skillful for years.
South Africa is worse now than South Korea was then.