Hemisphere duels

Hemisphere duels

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
29 Dec 05

Well, we got some new tournaments. I have a feeling several players are going to enter both, no matter the hemisphere they're in.

Jay D

London

Moves
29 Dec 05
1 edit

Jay D

London

Moves
29 Dec 05

yeah i was really tempted......but did resist.... πŸ˜•

I wonder whether Russ/Chrismo can do something along the lines where the persons eligability is down to what their flag status is....what do you reckon? πŸ™„

someone might be able to time it right to get in both but then they'll just simply be very sad....... 😠

looking forward to it though...feels like ages since a the last duel.....πŸ™„πŸ˜€πŸ˜‰

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
29 Dec 05

Originally posted by jay D
yeah i was really tempted......but did resist.... πŸ˜•

I wonder whether Russ/Chrismo can do something along the lines where the persons eligability is down to what their flag status is....what do you reckon? πŸ™„

someone might be able to time it right to get in both but then they'll just simply be very sad....... 😠

looking forward to it though...feels like ages since a the last duel.....πŸ™„πŸ˜€πŸ˜‰
Before they start they might go over the tournaments and make sure everyone is where they should be. If they don't though that's ok, doesn't really change what it will take to win πŸ™‚.

V
Caro-Kann Lover

Rishon-le-Zion

Moves
29 Dec 05

If we stick to the definition of hemispheres, then in Summer Duel there will be players from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa & Brazil (there are more of course, but not many play on RHP).

That is Northern hemispere is more than 90% of all RHP players.

Jay D

London

Moves
29 Dec 05
2 edits

i know what you mean..............and guess anyone can enter if they want...its just I fit into the category where most of the rhp subs are placed, and it just annoys me when people enter into tourni I; II; III all at the same time and cause I wasnt on the site in time I miss out...but hey thats just me b*******........

I'll give it a while and see how many people enter into both and it there is loads I'll just follow suit...there no need to bit my own nose off to save face...( if thats how the phase goes...... πŸ™„ )

d

Moves
29 Dec 05

andreagm has joined both the N. and S. duels. I have sent him a PM asking him to explain how he lives in both Hemispheres at once. Most likely the guy doesn't understand English too well but I sent him the PM anyway.

d

Moves
29 Dec 05

Originally posted by jay D
i know what you mean..............and guess anyone can enter if they want...its just I fit into the category where most of the rhp subs are placed, and it just annoys me when people enter into tourni I; II; III all at the same time and cause I wasnt on the site in time I miss out...but hey thats just me b*******........
Thread 33380

No more bitchin'.

c
Blogger

clausjensen.com

Moves
29 Dec 05

Originally posted by Vovochka
That is Northern hemispere is more than 90% of all RHP players.
Which makes me very proud of winnning the last Northern hemisphere duel πŸ™‚πŸ™‚

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
29 Dec 05

Originally posted by darvlay
andreagm has joined both the N. and S. duels. I have sent him a PM asking him to explain how he lives in both Hemispheres at once. Most likely the guy doesn't understand English too well but I sent him the PM anyway.
He may well live on the equator. πŸ˜•

The RudeΒ©

who knows?

Moves
29 Dec 05

Originally posted by darvlay
If you wish I can talk to him.

s

Moves
29 Dec 05

Originally posted by GalaxyShield
Well, we got some new tournaments. I have a feeling several players are going to enter both, no matter the hemisphere they're in.
Apparently nowadays the US is considered to be in both hemispheres..... or they consider the Mason Dixie line to be the new equator 😡

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
30 Dec 05
1 edit

7 definites and 2 maybes of the Southern 1400 - 1599 (current entry 13) are from the Northern Hemisphere. It does smack as a tiny bit silly.

Insane in the Brain!

The House of Pain.

Moves
30 Dec 05

Funny enough, the people from the northern hemisphere (winter) are more attracted to this tournament then the southern hemisphere.
Must be the weather.πŸ™‚πŸ˜€πŸ˜‰

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
31 Dec 05

Well, in fact there are some Southern Hemisphere players in the Winter tournament and a lot of Northern players in the Southern Tournament.

And to be honest I just went there to look up if I was in the correct one, which happened to be the case, since I wasn't sure that I did realize it was a regionally divided tournament.

Either there is a way to ensure people playing under their correct flag (I could sign on for Kenia or something, who would know different?) and exclude people OR the titles should be treated as suggestions.

There are only 64 slots in the Northern Hemisphere 1200-1399 which seems very few to me, since it is the strongest band in terms of numbers of players, and it IS tempting to snatch one of the other 64 slots of the 'wrong' hemisphere.
PLUS: People are normally ignorant of these haggles. I remember asking a 1500+ player who happend to have suffered a dip to retreat from a 1200-1299 tournament and got the reply: this is the one I may enter, and I need to get back to my rating. Can I do anything. No, and in one viewpoint he is even correct.