New boad interface released

New boad interface released

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
23 Feb 06
1 edit

The new board interface was released today. There are plenty of architectural changes (for reasons to be announced soon), plus a number of presentation changes and new features.

As stated before, some people with older browser may experience problems, so a legacy interface is available.

From the board settings page, click the link contained below :

Note : If you are using an old web browser or a web browser with limited functionality and you are experiencing problems, please click here to select a reduced feature board type that may be compatible.

This alternative interface has reduced functionality, but if you could use the site before the upgrade, then this interface should enable you get by until you can upgrade your browser. (All current versions of most browsers should be compatible.)

-Russ

Ro

Moves
23 Feb 06

Russ,

I remember asking for an Analyse Board with a "memory" some time ago (so that we don't have to keep playing out the same first four moves of a line our each time to consider variations).

It's great to see that it's now here and I think it will be a great improvement to the site.

Thanks for sorting this out.

Manchester, UK

Moves
23 Feb 06

Nice. Very nice. Can't remember if we could 'flip the board' before, not quite sure why I'd want to yet, although I'm sure a use will occur to me... 😉

Do like the Time Controls information though. Good to have that sort of data handy, and the re-vamped 'Analyze Board' screen is tasty too.

Good work there! 🙂

Ro

Moves
23 Feb 06

Interesting, you can capture the king on the Analyse Board.🙂

G

Moves
23 Feb 06

Excellent update. Well done!

TokerSmurf

Bonnie Scotland

Moves
23 Feb 06

Originally posted by Rank outsider
Interesting, you can capture the king on the Analyse Board.🙂
i thought you could do that b4?

Anyway i love the new updates, keep up the good work Russ.

Daniel

Bucharest

Moves
23 Feb 06

Question for Russ: this beta version doesnt work on Opera Mobile 8.0 (I cannot make any move🙁 )Should I install the newer version, 8.5?
Thanks.
Daniel

P

Moves
23 Feb 06

Excellent work fellas, keep it up.

Moves
23 Feb 06

excellent excellent - thanks man!

love this site

OD

Hoagy's Alley

Moves
23 Feb 06

Oh no. Russ what have you done. This is going to be even more addictive. Does anyone know of a support group for RHP addicts? (and the General forum doesn't count...)

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
23 Feb 06

AbFab !

Daniel

Bucharest

Moves
23 Feb 06

I've installed the latest version (8.51) and still cannot make moves....

g
Mad Murdock

I forgot

Moves
23 Feb 06

Originally posted by daniv
I had problems with Netscape 7.1 (dearranged board etc). Some people (e.g. Starrman) gave me the advice to switch to Firefox, so I did. It cost me only a few minutes, and everything is fine now regarding the board.

s

Moves
23 Feb 06

Just noticed the changes, very nice indeed.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
23 Feb 06

Originally posted by daniv
Please see the leading post from this thread and use the legacy board. This should help.

-Russ