Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Culture Forum

Culture Forum

  1. 21 Mar '09 22:56
    As the founder of the Prose Competition, I fully endorse this thread.

    NOW WRITE SOME PROSE YOU BITCHES!
  2. 22 Mar '09 02:13
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    As the founder of the Prose Competition, I fully endorse this thread.

    NOW WRITE SOME PROSE YOU BITCHES!
    I can't. I have lost my mind. And there's no topic.
  3. 22 Mar '09 03:10
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I can't. I have lost my mind. And there's no topic.
    You must. Do you need death threats again?
  4. Standard member ChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    22 Mar '09 05:24
    Originally posted by Mimor
    You must. Do you need death threats again?
    Instead of death threats, maybe the His Eminence the MEISTER OF THE DANCE or even someone else can assign a topic to people who want an assigned topic.
  5. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    22 Mar '09 05:34
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    maybe the His Eminence the MEISTER OF THE DANCE or even someone else can assign a topic to people who want an assigned topic.
    Oooh ahh, shifting goalposts. it's ruined my mood. blank page. mocking me.
  6. Standard member ChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    22 Mar '09 05:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oooh ahh, shifting goalposts. it's ruined my mood. blank page. mocking me.
    Last time, we did have an assigned topic, dreamed up by Starrman, possibly during an actual dream, and the blank page mocked me so hard I almost cried.
  7. 22 Mar '09 08:10 / 2 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    A year, you say?

    Thread 103930

    I see. This is prose, that was verse.
  8. 22 Mar '09 11:01
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I vote for your idea and wish that I'd have thought of it but probably wouldn't have been able to organise a group of people to agree on committing themselves to be small panelled judges.
  9. 22 Mar '09 13:17
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I found Starrman's "topic" intriguing, and it's unlikely that I would have participated without it. If someone can give me an intriguing topic, I might be able to come up with some crap writing again.
  10. 22 Mar '09 13:18
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    That sounds good to me, especially the comments.
  11. 22 Mar '09 14:16
    Quandary: The people in the panel probably shouldn't be participants in the competition as there might be bias in their comments and judging which could result in a fight.
  12. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    22 Mar '09 14:55
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I don't like topics.

    P-
  13. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    22 Mar '09 14:56
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I found Starrman's "topic" intriguing, and it's unlikely that I would have participated without it. If someone can give me an intriguing topic, I might be able to come up with some crap writing again.
    Why not make your own topic... and stick to that. My topic will be mine, and you can judge all entries on topic alone if you so desire.

    P-
  14. Standard member ChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    22 Mar '09 15:42
    We could just have another thread in which people can post topics that others can use.

    I like the idea of judges in addition to voting.
  15. 22 Mar '09 16:22
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    We could just have another thread in which people can post topics that others can use.

    I like the idea of judges in addition to voting.
    I like the idea of adding judges too. The sermon competitions were run that way and the participants seemed to appreciate it.