1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    25 May '22 16:092 edits
    @athousandyoung said
    Zimmerman though I’m not sure he’s white
    He's at least half white (German) and mixed with Hispanic.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    25 May '22 16:112 edits
    @vivify said
    He's at least half white (German)
    So is Trevor Noah.

His mother probably has indigenous blood.

Hispanic IS white. Hispania is in Europe.
  3. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    25 May '22 16:121 edit
    @no1marauder says -
    Can we at least agree an 18 year old shouldn't be able to buy an AR-15 online?
    ---------------------------------

Yes. And I almost croaked when I read who suggested it - Diane Feinstein. I actually agree with her??? 😲 😲 😲

She actually went further, but I would agree that the age to buy certain weapons be 21. No problem.
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    25 May '22 16:21
    It seems to me that the pro 2nd amendment lobbyists are playing the mental health problems of the attackers.
    If America has a much higher number of people with mental issues walking around, then I would have to think that they have more and deeper problems than guns.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    25 May '22 16:383 edits
    @athousandyoung said
    Hispanic IS white. Hispania is in Europe.
    Right.

But both on this forum and on Fox News, conservatives argued repeatedly that racism had nothing to do with the case because Zimmerman's Hispanic. That obviously flawed argument aside, Hispanic is apparently not "white" to posters here or on Fox News...or at least not white enough.

But yes, Zimmerman is white.
  6. Garner, NC
    Moves
    25 May '22 17:25
    @vivify said
    Right.

But both on this forum and on Fox News, conservatives argued repeatedly that racism had nothing to do with the case because Zimmerman's Hispanic. That obviously flawed argument aside, Hispanic is apparently not "white" to posters here or on Fox News...or at least not white enough.

But yes, Zimmerman is white.
    I think the conservatives were just tickled by the fact that Hispanics can be non-white when that's needed for the liberal narrative and white when that's preferable to the liberal narrative.

And the Zimmerman case is not racist because there was never any evidence that it was racist. It doesn't even matter whether Zimmerman is white or not.
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 May '22 17:26

Removed by poster

8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    25 May '22 17:34
    @techsouth said
    I think the conservatives were just tickled by the fact that Hispanics can be non-white when that's needed for the liberal narrative and white when that's preferable to the liberal narrative.

And the Zimmerman case is not racist because there was never any evidence that it was racist. It doesn't even matter whether Zimmerman is white or not.
    Did you know that there are white Hispanics and non-white Hispanics?

Cleary, you didn't.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    25 May '22 17:36
    @earl-of-trumps said
    @no1marauder says -
    Can we at least agree an 18 year old shouldn't be able to buy an AR-15 online?
    ---------------------------------

Yes. And I almost croaked when I read who suggested it - Diane Feinstein. I actually agree with her??? 😲 😲 😲

She actually went further, but I would agree that the age to buy certain weapons be 21. No problem.
    It would be a start and maybe something Republicans in the Senate wouldn't successfully filibuster.
  10. Garner, NC
    Moves
    25 May '22 17:47
    @vivify said
    Crossing state lines, which usually requires finding the location and setting up a GPS, driving through traffic and waiting on toll lines; that shows he put significant thought and plotting into going to a protest with a deadly weapon.

There's no excuse for rape. But being wary of complete stranger who's walking around with an AR-15 is perfectly reasonable. It's amazing this needs to be explained to you, though not surprising.
    Okay, I can't remember if you've posted here where you're from. Is it in the US? You seem to think that crossing a state line is big deal. I've done it thousands of times and never get stamps in my passport. There are no guards, no gates, often there is barely any evidence you're changing states. Both Wisconsin and Illinois have McDonalds, Walmart, and Chick-filet. Both use the US dollar as legal tender. Both sides speak English. Roads are marked in miles rather than kilometers on both sides. Cell-phones from Illinois work in Wisconsin, and vice-versa. If you rent a car in Illinois, you can generally drive it into Wisconsin and vice-versa. Your driver's license from Illinois works in Wisconsin and vice-versa. The news has uttered the phrase over and over about how Kyle "crossed state lines" as if that means something. I guess it was their hope that weak minded people imagine some actual significance to crossing a state line that helps us read Kyle's mind.

I've actually crossed the border going from Illinois to Wisconsin in that area. You know what that mile stretch of road was like? EXACTLY the same as the mile further north and EXACTLY as the same as the mile further south. Crossing the border was a non-event. There are no toll roads in that small area that I can recall, although as you go down closer to Chicago there are tolls. It doesn't matter at all what traveling is usually like. It is well known that Kyle lived in the area and was very familiar with both the Illinois side of the border and the Wisconsin side.

Let me ask again. How are these two different:

(A) Kyle came from 10 miles away in Wisconsin to the protest in Kenosha.
    (B) Kyle came from 10 miles away in Illinois to the protest in Kenosha.

You are saying that (B) proves there was more thought put into it. How? I've heard the assertion made over and over, so I don't need you to repeat that. How does this take more thought? If he needed a GPS to travel from 10 miles away outside Wisconsin, he'd also have needed a GPS to travel from 10 miles away inside Wisconsin. Obviously he was familiar with the whole area and likely could have made the trip using one of a dozen routes with no map nor GPS. You realize that GPSs don't kick into a different mode when you cross state lines don't you? A short trip is a short trip.

And I've come across strangers with guns many times. Context is always relevant. Once I was robbed at gunpoint. All the other times have been non-events.

I've seen video from that night in Kenosha. Had I seen any of those guys with AR-15s, I would understand completely why they were there and it wouldn't make me think they intended to shoot innocent people. Nor would I think I could read their minds and know that they were hoping to shoot anyone.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 May '22 17:47
    @mghrn55 said
    It seems to me that the pro 2nd amendment lobbyists are playing the mental health problems of the attackers.
    If America has a much higher number of people with mental issues walking around, then I would have to think that they have more and deeper problems than guns.
    Are you kidding? Half the population voted for Trump. Twice.

That's some serious mental health problem, right there.

Now you're getting the depth of America's problem.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 May '22 17:49
    @techsouth said
    Okay, I can't remember if you've posted here where you're from. Is it in the US? You seem to think that crossing a state line is big deal. I've done it thousands of times and never get stamps in my passport. There are no guards, no gates, often there is barely any evidence you're changing states. Both Wisconsin and Illinois have McDonalds, Walmart, and Chick-filet. Bo ...[text shortened]... people. Nor would I think I could read their minds and know that they were hoping to shoot anyone.
    You don't get it.

Crossing a state line with intent to commit a felony is a Federal offense.
  13. Garner, NC
    Moves
    25 May '22 17:50
    @vivify said
    Did you know that there are white Hispanics and non-white Hispanics?

Cleary, you didn't.
    I knew some had more European ancestry and others had more from the indigenous people. I never heard the term "white Hispanic" until the Zimmerman case, and best I can tell the functional definition of a "white Hispanic" is someone whom the left wants to categorize as "white" to better fit their narratives.

Do you know something I don't about Zimmerman's ancestry?
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    25 May '22 17:52
    @kellyjay said
    I thumbs up you incase you we’re wondering. πŸ€”πŸ€­πŸ˜€
    Thanks, Kelly. A sad day for many families in Texas. Learning to solve problems without resort to violence starts in the home. What worked in Australia won’t work in America. What’s wrong with Americans is not their guns, but their mentality. If they got their minds in the right place, they could keep all their damned assault weapons.
  15. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 May '22 17:521 edit
    @capacrapa said
    Focus on security first.
    Then focus on the why does it happen.

You can't walk into court without being searched or scanned.
    You can't walk into government buildings or prisons.

Use the same procedures with schools and then when they are relatively safe...start looking at the why does it happen.
    Texas just passed a law allowing anyone to concealed carry with no training or background check. There's more resistance in our society to buying Sudafed than buying a gun. Does that seem like we have a focus on security?

I understand that gun owners saw what happened to smokers and don't want to give an inch. Once you agree not to smoke on airplanes, then there's no smoking sections of restaurants, then there's no smoking at all in restaurants, then there's no smoking within 1000 yards of a restaurant. Don't give an inch.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree