18 children dead in Texas shooting

18 children dead in Texas shooting

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 May 22

@capacrapa said
@no1marauder

I also just read another article that said up to 4 cops may have been there prior.

Armed? I don't know.
You think there are unarmed cops in Texas?

Moves
25 May 22

@shavixmir said
Suck my anus.

The USSR destroyed Hitler. The rest wpuld have been a matter of time. Americans or no bloody Americans.

And even if the opposite were true, then it’s still got no bearing on gun related mass shootings in the US today.

Moron.
You said armed teachers and cops at schools was wrong.
Unarmed people like you had to beg America for help because the Nazis were going to get ya.
So I told you to respect the guns.

Apparently the cops at the school engaged the suspect rather quickly.
Saving lives.

Criminals won't obey gun laws so disarming the public leaves them at the mercy of a shooter.
Arm everyone I say.

Moves
25 May 22
2 edits

@no1marauder said
You think there are unarmed cops in Texas?
It was vague in the article.
Saying "School resource officer"

That could be a guy with no weapon.

Edit...they apparently are not armed.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-shooting-retired-nypd-lieutenant-calls-school-resource-officers-armed

https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-school-shooting-former-fbi-deputy-assistant-director-calls-armed-police-officers-schools

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
25 May 22

@capacrapa said
You said armed teachers and cops at schools was wrong.
Unarmed people like you had to beg America for help because the Nazis were going to get ya.
So I told you to respect the guns.

Apparently the cops at the school engaged the suspect rather quickly.
Saving lives.

Criminals won't obey gun laws so disarming the public leaves them at the mercy of a shooter.
Arm everyone I say.
Stop dribbling as you shut the door on your way out.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
25 May 22
1 edit

@vivify says -
I think we need to do this with mass shooters. They don't deserve fame, infamy, or any sort of recognition. Letting mass shooters be forgotten will stop the copycats and and attention seekers who want the world to know their anger.
--------------------------------------------

Ain't a bad idea.

I remember the National Football League had a problem with streakers running naked onto the field of high profile games, so the league stopped the coverage of these "events" and the streaking stopped.

It was a fad, I know, and it may have stopped of its own volition when the novelty wore off and people got bored.
But why not give it a try here? just NEVER mention the name or show the pic, if that is all legal

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
25 May 22

@capacrapa said
Cops in schools!
Armed and trained teachers!
No access unless you are let in by security!
I can't walk into a government building or a prison so use the same procedures with schools. 🤷

Stop foreign aid and secure the schools.
Same procedure for jails and schools 😲 ?

As a Eurean I seem to miss something (and yes I have been to school and I have been in jails (just visiting).

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
25 May 22

@capacrapa said
@shavixmir

American guns saved you and your country from the nazis so show a little respect Mark 🤨
In fact well organised guns in a wel organised army, not any guns in any hands...

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 May 22

@vivify said
https://nypost.com/2022/05/24/what-we-know-so-far-about-salvador-ramos-the-suspected-texas-school-shooter/

The shooter, age 18, sent a message on Instagram to a stranger saying that she would be sharing his pics later. He had sent a few messages alluding to his killing.

This kid was apparently chasing fame, just like the 18 year old in Buffalo who streamed his murders l ...[text shortened]... e forgotten will stop the copycats and and attention seekers who want the world to know their anger.
There used to be gun clubs in schools where people brought their guns to school
for gun safety and shooting practice. Our views on life have changed; its value
is less than personal glory and personal satisfaction; one's self is more important than
anyone else from conception to death. Our culture is knee-deep in death, lashing
out when things are not going our way is glorified, and the hero deals out justice,
and the bad guy, whoever that is, should pay in the most gruesome ways possible.
After that, you need to paint someone as the bad guy; you can do what you want
and feel justified.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
25 May 22
2 edits

@capacrapa said
@shavixmir

American guns saved you and your country from the nazis so show a little respect Mark 🤨
Pretty sure it was the RAF the English Channel and the idiot junkie Adolf thinking it would be a much better idea to attack that country that saw Napoleons continental army off.
But apart from that yeah the US entering the war was a big boon for Britain and Western Europe.
I also think you make some good points about restricting access to schools

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 May 22
2 edits

@kevcvs57 said
Pretty sure it was the RAF the English Channel and the idiot junkie Adolf thinking it would be a much better idea to attack that country that saw Napoleons continental army off.
But apart from that yeah the US entering the war was a big boon for Britain and Western Europe.
I also think you make some good points about restricting access to schools
While in Isreal, they don't even want pictures taken of places they send their kids
least someone wants to plan an attack. I found that out while taking pictures and
was approached and asked not to.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
25 May 22

@jimm619 said
They just said 3% of the population own 50%
of the guns. The leading cause of death in children
is gun violence. I'm not in favor of banning guns but,
we need to pass some common sense laws.
At least a background check.
It's not the guns. It's not the laws. It's not the background checks. Switzerland has guns and no mass shootings at schools. It's a specifically American problem. America needs collective anger management therapy.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
25 May 22

@shavixmir said
From the BBC:
“School shootings have become recurring emergencies in the US, with 26 recorded last year, according to EdWeek, an education trade publication.

“Active shooter lockdown drills are a common part of the school curriculum, from primary to high school.”

You do realise this isn’t a normal or healthy situation, don’t you?
26! If true, that's one every two weeks. Just in schools. To get to this point, where this has become normal, the whole of American society is sick. Sick, sick, sick.

rain

Moves
25 May 22

@moonbus said
26! If true, that's one every two weeks. Just in schools. To get to this point, where this has become normal, the whole of American society is sick. Sick, sick, sick.
This shooter just turned 18 a few days ago. The Buffalo shooter was also 18, the Parkland Shooter was 19 and the Sandy Hook shooter was 20. The Columbine shooters were 18 and 17.

Something is wrong with our young people. I'm not sure what, but they need help we're not giving to them.

Moves
25 May 22

Bring back Conscription.

It won't stop shootings but it will force young men to grow up fast. Most people in the military respect life.

Just an idea.
Mandatory 2 year service when you turn 18.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
25 May 22

@kellyjay said
While in Isreal, they don't even want pictures taken of places they send their kids
least someone wants to plan an attack. I found that out while taking pictures and
was approached and asked not to.
I can sort of understand that given that they are on a permanent semi war footing but in the US you really shouldn’t have to worry if your kids are coming home from elementary school.