18 children dead in Texas shooting

18 children dead in Texas shooting

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
25 May 22

t

Garner, NC

Moves
25 May 22

@kevcvs57 said
Ahh
This guy is exactly where he should be but the white kid will probably become a folk hero of the base with a book deal to look forward to. Just saying
Do you have any examples of white "folk-heros" by randomly killing innocent people?

Going 10 years into the future, when we find that this guy is not a folk-hero, will you rethink how you're allowing your narratives to be constructed?

t

Garner, NC

Moves
25 May 22

@no1marauder said

Can we at least agree an 18 year old shouldn't be able to buy an AR-15 online?
Sure.

rain

Moves
25 May 22
3 edits

@techsouth said
One: You are repeating a myth. But you probably got that from lying left-leaning news. The gun did not come from out of state.
I didn't claim that. That's your own faulty reading.

And this phrase "across state lines" has been repeated so often that feels like it means something. Why to you repeat buzz-phrases as if they have any implications?

Because it shows he went out of his way to engage a crowd of protestors with a firearm. He went looking for trouble.

If a woman wears a sexy dress she brought "across state lines", does that change how you view her actions?

If a woman walks up to you in a sexy dress, do you think to yourself "she must want me to rape her"?
If a stranger walks up to you holding an AR-15, is it reasonable to think you could be attacked?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 May 22

@techsouth
One thing for sure, he will be revered by his prison buddies, he will be royalty there.

t

Garner, NC

Moves
25 May 22
1 edit

@vivify said
I didn't claim that. That's your own faulty reading.

And this phrase "across state lines" has been repeated so often that feels like it means something. Why to you repeat buzz-phrases as if they have any implications?

Because it shows he went out of his way to engage a crowd of protestors with a firearm. He went looking for trouble.

[b]If a woman wears a se ...[text shortened]... "?
If a stranger walks up to you holding an AR-15, is it reasonable to think you could be attacked?
Kyle traveled around 10 miles. Kenosha was his community. He had friends and family there. How are these two different (1) he came from 10 miles away in Wisconsin and (2) he came from 10 miles away in Illinois.

They show ZERO difference in judging his mental state.

Again, I ask you, how is crossing state lines relevant? It does not show what you claim it shows. Can you explain it to me in some way other than just repeating the buzz-phrase? What if he had crossed a county border, but not a state border? Would that have been different? Or what if he came from just outside the city limits, traveling 0.2 of a mile to inside the city limits? Would that indicate that he was somehow looking for trouble? And what about the BLM protestors? I believe many were from out of state too. Does that mean they were looking for trouble?

No I don't think such a woman is asking to be raped. That's why I was the one to bring up that hypothetical. Also, I asked you about her crossing state lines. Regardless of what you would or would not think in whatever sexy dress scenario you can think of, how does your assessment of her thinking change based on whether she "crossed state lines" with the dress?

And as far a someone having a gun, context is what I'd use to judge intent. After businesses are destroyed in Kenosha on a night, if the next night someone is standing out front of a business holding a gun, I'd judge them to not be a threat to me, the same as most BLM protestors judged.

t

Garner, NC

Moves
25 May 22

@sonhouse said
@techsouth
One thing for sure, he will be revered by his prison buddies, he will be royalty there.
I'll have to take your word for it. I've not been to prison.

My guess would have been that he'll be lucky to have any "buddies" in prison.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
25 May 22

@capacrapa said
Cops in schools!
Armed and trained teachers!
No access unless you are let in by security!
I can't walk into a government building or a prison so use the same procedures with schools. 🤷

Stop foreign aid and secure the schools.
It’s illegal for minors not to be in school so that’s not going to work.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
25 May 22

@no1marauder said
You know this ........................................... how?

This Houston newspaper used the same picture (https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/05/24/[WORD TOO LONG]/) as did the NY Post.

BTW, there was a police officer at the school:

"The s ...[text shortened]...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-elementary-school-reports-active-shooter-campus/story?id=84940951
Hard to tell with that guy how much of his blood is Latin and how much indigenous.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
25 May 22

@capacrapa said
You said armed teachers and cops at schools was wrong.
Unarmed people like you had to beg America for help because the Nazis were going to get ya.
So I told you to respect the guns.

Apparently the cops at the school engaged the suspect rather quickly.
Saving lives.

Criminals won't obey gun laws so disarming the public leaves them at the mercy of a shooter.
Arm everyone I say.
Nazis didn’t invade over here because of the Atlantic not our guns.

m

Moves
25 May 22

Any idea why someone walks into a store and buys body armor isn't raising flags all over the place ??

rain

Moves
25 May 22
2 edits

@techsouth said
Kyle traveled around 10 miles. Kenosha was his community. He had friends and family there. How are these two different (1) he came from 10 miles away in Wisconsin and (2) he came from 10 miles away in Illinois.

They show ZERO difference in judging his mental state.

Again, I ask you, how is crossing state lines relevant? It does not show what you claim it sh ...[text shortened]... ness holding a gun, I'd judge them to not be a threat to me, the same as most BLM protestors judged.
Crossing state lines, which usually requires finding the location and setting up a GPS, driving through traffic and waiting on toll lines; that shows he put significant thought and plotting into going to a protest with a deadly weapon.

There's no excuse for rape. But being wary of complete stranger who's walking around with an AR-15 is perfectly reasonable. It's amazing this needs to be explained to you, though not surprising.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
25 May 22

@vivify said
This shooter just turned 18 a few days ago. The Buffalo shooter was also 18, the Parkland Shooter was 19 and the Sandy Hook shooter was 20. The Columbine shooters were 18 and 17.

Something is wrong with our young people. I'm not sure what, but they need help we're not giving to them.
Boomers are selfish pricks and always have been. As soon as their teenage kids realize they’ve been economically f*d they get upset and start killing people.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
25 May 22
2 edits

@techsouth said
Do you have any examples of white "folk-heros" by randomly killing innocent people?

Going 10 years into the future, when we find that this guy is not a folk-hero, will you rethink how you're allowing your narratives to be constructed?
Yeah get back to me in ten years and we’ll revisit this in the meantime try to resist the urge to make snide partisan observations when the murders of elementary school kids are being debated.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
25 May 22

@techsouth said

Zimmerman though I’m not sure he’s white