Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 31 Aug '14 01:25 / 1 edit
    http://www.salon.com/2013/11/12/asking_for_help_while_black_how_it_became_a_capital_offense/

"[...]white people must stop their shoulder shrugging and head scratching and deal with the truth of their deep-seated racial resentment.

How many “accidental” black deaths will it take for us to recognize that this new epidemic of black life-taking is a direct function of the new racial nadir in which we find ourselves? What will it take for us to recognize — to paraphrase Lil Wayne — that white supremacy “is a bitch and death is her sister”? There was a scared, black teenage girl who needed help and got a bullet instead. The searing truth of white killing rage should move us all to act."

I am not gonna change the ignorant racists on this forum. Most demonstrate a criminal unwillingness to even consider that blacks might not experience everyday life as they do.

I keep posting these links because the everyday person, not infected by racism, might become aware that it is a problem. one that can be fixed if enough people take a stand. there are measures that can be taken to reduce the number of incidents in which lives are lost.

i stumbled upon this one after reading Driving while black wiki page given by duchess
  2. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    31 Aug '14 04:30 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    http://www.salon.com/2013/11/12/asking_for_help_while_black_how_it_became_a_capital_offense/

"[...]white people must stop their shoulder shrugging and head scratching and deal with the truth of their deep-seated racial resentment.

How many “accidental” black deaths will it take for us to recognize that this new epidemic of black life-taking is a direc ...[text shortened]... e lost.

i stumbled upon this one after reading Driving while black wiki page given by duchess
    I dare say that you have no knowledge of how things are in the USA to make a judgment on law and order here. A person's race does not matter as much as respect for law and order.

The main problem has to do with the attitude of the families and how respect for law and order is treated within the family. Another problem is that many elected officials in government encourage an entitlement attitude among the minority groups to get elected. Therefore, many minority children grow up believing that they should be entitled to certain priviledges without having to earn them.

when I was young like that, I would never have been walking down the middle of the street like many black children do. I was taught to look both ways for cars and cross the streets quickly. It seems the custom of blacks is to almost dare someone in a car to hit them in the street. They seem to think they own the streets in their neighborhoods.

Many Black families are just like the white families and teach their children to respect police and obey laws and not walk down the middle of the street like they own it. However, the attitude of all families, including a lesser number of white families is not like that.
  3. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    31 Aug '14 04:42
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    A person's race does not matter as much as respect for law and order.
    It seems the custom of blacks is to almost dare someone in a car to hit them in the street. They seem to think they own the streets in their neighborhoods.
    Looks like a person's race does matter to you.
  4. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    31 Aug '14 04:57
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Looks like a person's race does matter to you.
    Looks can be deceiving. I am not saying the Blacks and other minorities act like they do because of their race. I am saying they act hostile to law and order because of the way they are taught in the family because of the family attitude.

There could be the children of rich white families, who have been spoiled and think their parents will always be able to get them out of trouble. The main point I was trying to make is that it is the attitude coming from the families that makes or breaks them.
  5. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    31 Aug '14 09:56
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Looks can be deceiving. I am not saying the Blacks and other minorities act like they do because of their race. I am saying they act hostile to law and order because of the way they are taught in the family because of the family attitude.

There could be the children of rich white families, who have been spoiled and think their parents will always be abl ...[text shortened]... as trying to make is that it is the attitude coming from the families that makes or breaks them.
    Fascinating that you think families have such power to shape attitudes and discount the importance of the way social forces shape attitudes. You might consider the extent to which parents feel their influence is undermined and their power taken from them. But the entire scale of this issue is vastly out of proportion to what parents, in isolated families, are capable of changing. And who are these parents? What lives have they had, what resources do they enjoy, to acquire the required wisdom and authority?

The reality of the USA today, far more than any time in its history outside of the slave economy of the South, is that inheritance determines opportunities and most Black families do not stand to benefit. Far from a sense of "entitlement," what they experience and report is a sense of not being entitled to anything.
  6. 31 Aug '14 11:51

How many “accidental” black deaths will it take for us to recognize that this new epidemic of black life-taking is a direc ...[text shortened]... e lost.

The courts just convicted the shooter of 2nd degree murder, but you didn't have time to research that, did you?

Nor did your story examine the fact that Renisha McBride did plenty of stupid things which led to her untimely death, and the ruination of a man's life.

Start out with don't get drunk and drive your car.
  7. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    31 Aug '14 13:37

"new racial nadir"?

Geez. Get a grip.
  8. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    31 Aug '14 15:19
    Watch the Daily show for God's sake.
    They spell it out.
    Being black in America has various drawbacks that being white doesn't.
  9. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    31 Aug '14 16:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    They spell it out.
    Being anything anywhere has drawbacks and advantages.

I'm not saying there's no racism in the US. Unfortunately, there is (on both sides). I also think there are problems with police drawing too quickly, against all people, but especially in black neighborhoods.

But racial nadir? Hardly. Race relations have a long way to go, but they're probably has good and as equitable as they have ever been in US history.
  10. 31 Aug '14 18:29
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    They spell it out.
    "Being black in America has various drawbacks that being white doesn't."

There isn't anywhere on the planet where there aren't disadvantages to being something. If you are looking for or seeking perfection, better try another race besides human.
  11. 31 Aug '14 18:38
    Originally posted by sh76

I'm not saying there's no racism in the US. Unfortunately, there is (on both sides). I also think there are problems with police drawing too quickly, against all people, but especially in black neighborhoods.

But racial nadir? Hardly. Race relations have a long way to go, but they're probably has good and as equitable as they have ever been in US history.
    "Race relations have a long way to go, but they're probably has good and as equitable as they have ever been in US history."

I'm not sure I agree. They certainly aren't as bad as the race hustlers would have us believe. On the other hand, I don't think they are as good as they were in the late '60s prior to the urban riots, the assassination of Dr. King, and the growth of the race hustle industry.

The late '60s had both parties agreeing on landmark civil rights legislation, which Republicans had been pursuing for a long time. I felt both black and white people really wanted equal opportunity and good will. The race riots of 1967 and 1968 were manufactured by groups that didn't want the race problem to go away. I don't think we enjoy that unity of purpose now or since that time.
  12. 31 Aug '14 23:08

"but they're probably has good and as equitable as they have ever been in US history."

that could have been said in the 60's. they were better than they were in the 20's, 30's and 40's . which in turn were better than they were when slavery was all the rage.

what kind of ignorant bull excrement is "this situation is the best that ever was"? is it wrong or is it right? that is all that matters. and if it is wrong (of course it is) what can we do to make it right?

white people putting their heads up their asses and ignoring the problem is certainly not helping.
  13. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    01 Sep '14 01:20 / 2 edits
    "but they're probably has good and as equitable as they have ever been in US history."

that could have been said in the 60's. they were better than they were in the 20's, 30's and 40's . which in turn were better than they were when slavery was all the rage.

what kind of ignorant bull excrement is "this situation is the best that ever was"? is it w ...[text shortened]... ite people putting their heads up their asses and ignoring the problem is certainly not helping.
    Do you have any idea what the word "nadir" means?

I assumed so in my response to you, but it now seems that you don't.
  14. 01 Sep '14 02:42 / 1 edit
    Do you have any idea what the word "nadir" means?

I assumed so in my response to you, but it now seems that you don't.
    Z has a way of straining out the gnat and swallowing the camel. It is certainly a tragedy when any young man black or white is killed by police. As pointed out, the case he cites has been settled in court with the shooter being convicted of 2nd degree murder.

The black kids that happen to be killed by white homeowners or police are a negligible portion of the young blacks that are killed in this country annually. Most of those blacks killed are killed by other young blacks. Those slain by white homeowners or police represent a tiny percentage of the total victims.

Z has English as a second language, I presume.
  15. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    01 Sep '14 05:13
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Fascinating that you think families have such power to shape attitudes and discount the importance of the way social forces shape attitudes. You might consider the extent to which parents feel their influence is undermined and their power taken from them. But the entire scale of this issue is vastly out of proportion to what parents, in isolated families, ...[text shortened]... of "entitlement," what they experience and report is a sense of not being entitled to anything.
    You believe this way because of being indoctrinated by leftist propaganda.