Brexit? Let’s boot Poland out of the EU!

Brexit? Let’s boot Poland out of the EU!

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
25 Jul 20
1 edit

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53538205

Basically, Poland doesn’t want woman’s rights to be taught in school and their gouvernment is all into family values and not interfering when gays are abused or women are abused in the home.

Kicking them out of the EU is too good for them.
Sell their sorry, rabidly nasty, anti-abortion, anti-equal rights arse to the Russians.

Price? 1 bottle of vodka and the promise of reinstating the goulag for their disruption to evolution.

God damn, they piss me off!

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
25 Jul 20

@shavixmir said

Basically, Poland doesn’t want woman’s rights to be taught in school and their gouvernment is all into family values and not interfering when gays are abused or women are abused in the home.

Sell their sorry, rabidly nasty, anti-abortion, anti-equal rights arse to the Russ ...[text shortened]... promise of reinstating the goulag for their disruption to evolution.

Yeah not really for me to comment and it does seem a massive mis match In terms of the EUs liberal social policies but I think it would be a mistake given how split Poland itself is on liberalism versus illiberalism.
The recent Presidential election.
“ The 2020 Polish presidential election was completed with a second round of voting on 12 July 2020. The first round of voting was held on 28 June 2020. The conservative incumbent president Andrzej Duda[1] faced off in the second round against Civic Platform candidate, Mayor of Warsaw Rafał Trzaskowski after first round results showed Duda with 43.5% of the vote and Trzaskowski with 30.5%. Results from the second round of voting, announced by the National Electoral Commission (PKW) on 13 July, indicated that Duda had won with 51.0% to Trzaskowski's 49.0%.[2]”
I think it’s far to soon for the EU or Western Europe in general to give up on Poland.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
25 Jul 20

@kevcvs57 said
Yeah not really for me to comment and it does seem a massive mis match In terms of the EUs liberal social policies but I think it would be a mistake given how split Poland itself is on liberalism versus illiberalism.
The recent Presidential election.
“ The 2020 Polish presidential election was completed with a second round of voting on 12 July 2020. The first round of voti ...[text shortened]... s 49.0%.[2]”
I think it’s far to soon for the EU or Western Europe in general to give up on Poland.
I gave up on them in ‘45.
Tae Russia wae them!

And Romenia too!

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
25 Jul 20

@shavixmir

They also don't want transgender studies being taught in the schools either.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
25 Jul 20
1 edit

@shavixmir said
Tae Russia wae them!

And Romenia too!
I don’t think Germany want’s a far right Russian satellite on its border. There is a pattern of intolerance coming from Eastern Europe. Why would the West just hand over people and territory to homophones and misogynist’s? It’s a bit defeatist given the figures.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
25 Jul 20

@shavixmir said
Tae Russia wae them!

And Romenia too!
I’m starting to suspect your having a laugh 🤔

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
27 Jul 20

@kevcvs57 said
I don’t think Germany want’s a far right Russian satellite on its border. There is a pattern of intolerance coming from Eastern Europe. Why would the West just hand over people and territory to homophones and misogynist’s? It’s a bit defeatist given the figures.
It’s got a far right satellite on the border now!

And I’d rather the Russians deal with the Poles than the EU.

Call me old fashioned...

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
27 Jul 20

“There will be upsides to the Brexit. It will be fun to watch the Irish enjoying a British famine for a change.”

- Frankie Boyle -

m

Moves
27 Jul 20

@shavixmir said

Sell their sorry, rabidly nasty, anti-abortion, anti-equal rights arse to the Russ ...[text shortened]... promise of reinstating the goulag for their disruption to evolution.

When you wrote "goulag", did you mean "gulag" or "goulash" ?
I'm confused. 😛

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
27 Jul 20
1 edit

@shavixmir said
It’s got a far right satellite on the border now!

And I’d rather the Russians deal with the Poles than the EU.

Call me old fashioned...
The Russian and Polish far right are natural allies basically you’d have two aggressive far right authoritarian regimes snuggled up against the EUs eastern border.
Don’t the EU have a sanctions regime for individual members whose governments stray too far into illiberalism, what about the E.C.H.R.
Still think it’s better to nurture the 49% (you can bet Russia is nurturing the 51% ) rather than just give up and walk away.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
27 Jul 20

@shavixmir Basically, Poland doesn’t want woman’s rights to be taught in school

I just read that the reason for the rejection of the proposal was because the
Polish would then have to teach sex education that including things they reject.
It was not specified but they have many cities and towns now that don't want
transgenders in their community so the sex ed may include transgenderism.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Jul 20

@earl-of-trumps said
@shavixmir Basically, Poland doesn’t want woman’s rights to be taught in school

I just read that the reason for the rejection of the proposal was because the
Polish would then have to teach sex education that including things they reject.
It was not specified but they have many cities and towns now that don't want
transgenders in their community so the sex ed may include transgenderism.
Poland also wants it to be legal for men to beat their wives

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
27 Jul 20

@athousandyoung said
Poland also wants it to be legal for men to beat their wives
not what I read. They had to take all or nothing. If they took teaching domestic
violence they also had to teach sex ed. They bristled and that and rejected it.
They don't agree to teach that LGBTQ are special enough to teach it like a religion. Their prerogative.
----------------------------

BTW, this is the only thread in DEBATES that has had activity in SEVEN HOURS.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
27 Jul 20
1 edit

@earl-of-trumps said
not what I read. They had to take all or nothing. If they took teaching domestic
violence they also had to teach sex ed. They bristled and that and rejected it.
They don't agree to teach that LGBTQ are special enough to teach it like a religion. Their prerogative.
----------------------------

BTW, this is the only thread in DEBATES that has had activity in SEVEN HOURS.
So, yeah... either accept that transgender people have rights or go and beat your wife.

Now, without wishing to draw conclusions on morality, it is so out of sync with the rest of Europe, they should be sold to Russia as Gulag-fodder.

Did I spell it correct this time?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Jul 20