Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 14 Jan '18 17:26 / 1 edit
    I think I understand the Dim position here. Why compromise when you have all the power? The DACA Executive Order will be held up by their stooges in the court system. There is no need for Congress to participate in laws regarding immigration. Hell, the laws Congress have passed regarding immigration are flat out ignored as we speak and no one gives a damn.

Resist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    14 Jan '18 21:40
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I think I understand the Dim position here. Why compromise when you have all the power? The DACA Executive Order will be held up by their stooges in the court system. There is no need for Congress to participate in laws regarding immigration. Hell, the laws Congress have passed regarding immigration are flat out ignored as we speak and no one gives a damn.

You're a country of bloody immigrants.

What the hell is your problem?
    Have you heard your right-wing buddies on this forum? You would think the watering down of that gene-pool would seem like a good bloody idea.
  3. 14 Jan '18 22:38
    Originally posted by @shavixmir

Have you heard your right-wing buddies on this forum? You would think the watering down of that gene-pool would seem like a good bloody idea.
    We are a country with a constitution too.
  4. 14 Jan '18 23:07

We are a country of immigrants from Europe not dung pile countries.

If you are going to make statements, make accurate statements.
  5. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    14 Jan '18 23:15
    Originally posted by @eladar
    We are a country of immigrants from Europe...
    ... originating in Africa.
  6. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    14 Jan '18 23:33
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    We are a country with a constitution too.
    Something you seem to forget on a daily basis.

The US Constitution doesn't only say what you want it to say.
  7. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    14 Jan '18 23:35

If you want to be accurate, list ALL the countries the US has accepted immigrants from. They come from every inhabited continent on the planet.
  8. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    14 Jan '18 23:56 / 2 edits

The DACA Executive Order will be held up by their stooges in the court system.

Some of those "stooges" in the judiciary were registered Republicans, and in case you forgot, some of Obama and Clinton's executive orders were struck down by the courts as well Einstein. If you don't like Americans system of checks and balances, move to North Korea!
  9. 15 Jan '18 01:21
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    If you want to be accurate, list ALL the countries the US has accepted immigrants from. They come from every inhabited continent on the planet.
    And if you want to be accurate the democrats are killing any chance these daca people have at permanent status.

Democrats have tied the immigration talks to spending negotiations being held ahead of a Friday shutdown deadline. Republicans are seeking an increase in military spending; Democrats want a DACA deal and a matching increase in nondefense funding.

Tell me, which side is for our country?
  10. 15 Jan '18 01:47

I have no problem with immigrants. What I have a problem with is anyone who wishes to cross the border if they are able becoming a citizen. Some should be turned away.

Most Trump supporters support DACA so long as the border is secured.
  11. 15 Jan '18 01:48 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @mchill
    The DACA Executive Order will be held up by their stooges in the court system.

Some of those "stooges" in the judiciary were registered Republicans, and in case you forgot, some of Obama and Clinton's executive orders were struck down by the courts as well Einstein. If you don't like Americans system of checks and balances, move to North Korea!
    Executive Orders that violate the laws of the land are unconstitutional.

Those that despise the Constitution are the ones that should move to NK, and not seek to become like them.

We should not be ruled by executive edict, especially by a President that is long gone.
  12. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    15 Jan '18 02:00

Those that despise the Constitution are the ones that should move to NK, and not seek to become like them.

We should not be ruled by executive edict, especially by a President that is long gone.

And that applies to our sitting President as well!
  13. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    15 Jan '18 02:16

What a racist piece of s**t you are.

The United States contains many people who are not descendants of "immigrants from Europe". Asians, Africans, Native Americans, etc. etc. etc.
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    15 Jan '18 02:18

Apparently you think we should be ruled by you as you refuse to accept the judgment of the judiciary as to what is "unconstitutional" or not.

Maybe you should take your own advice and move to a dictatorship.
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    15 Jan '18 02:20

Jeff Flake (R-AZ) doesn't agree with you:

Republican Sen. Jeff Flake defended Democrats in the face of criticism from President Donald Trump, arguing Sunday they were negotiating in good faith on a bipartisan immigration deal.

"One thing I do take big issue with the president on is he is saying that the Democrats aren’t moving forward in good faith," Flake said on ABC's "This Week." "I can tell you I’ve been negotiating and working with the Democrats on immigration for 17 years and on this issue, on DACA or on the DREAM Act for a number of years, and the Democrats are negotiating in good faith."

Flake, an Arizona Republican and a frequent critic of Trump, is part of a bipartisan group of six senators who struck a deal last week to shield Dreamers, fund border security and make other changes to immigration laws.

"This is a bipartisan deal. It’s not the Democrats bringing this forward," Flake said. "There are three Democrats, three Republicans, and we’re working now to add more Republicans to that list and we will have more this coming week."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/14/flake-democrats-dreamers-trump-340437