Green Energy Failing in the Face of Winter Storm

Green Energy Failing in the Face of Winter Storm

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Feb 21

@Duchess64
So you DO approve of the Chinese method of 'giving' a few billion away for some African project and when that country can't pay the debt, take over.
I assume you will say, much better that way than fighting wars with hundreds of thousands of deaths.

The death count will be less of course but the end result is the same, another country under the thumb of China.

AND you still say nothing about the artificial militarized islands near the Philippines. So tell me what kind of international goodwill gesture THAT is?

D

Moves
16 Feb 21

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
16 Feb 21

@mghrn55 said
You have a law partner ???
We are losing track of the many hats you wear in this forum.
Just for clarification ........ does you emptying a waste basket in a lawyer's office after office hours make you a "law partner" ? 😛
I no longer practice law. Whatever difference that makes to you. Got other stuff going on. That should do it.

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
16 Feb 21

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
You should know full well we don't depend on one energy source, we have wind, solar, wave, and coming on line in maybe 10 years, fusion energy.

If wind turbines freeze, that is a mechanical engineering problem to be solved, like lower temperature tolerant lube oil and such.

One problem for all renewables, energy storage since none of then are 24/7 so you ...[text shortened]... exas your way of saying save coal, fire those coal plants, burn oil for power and forget renewables?
Sonhouse your greatest ever post, certainly the best one in the story it. Didn’t know you could lay out the good stuff. Good points all, we could go all day, but your rabid AOC wants to do away with oil, moreso than the other nuts like Biden, no one seems to mention that.
No oil?

Gimme It! Free Stuf!

Lake Como

Moves
16 Feb 21

@averagejoe1 said
I no longer practice law. Whatever difference that makes to you. Got other stuff going on. That should do it.
75% of all the lawyers, in the world, are in the USA. Too many, so some see a better way to make a living, esp with our backgrounds. Thats me.

m

Moves
16 Feb 21

@averagejoe1 said
Judging by the quality of your posting in this forum, quitting your day job was actually a good idea.
Of course, I'm just playing along with another of your fantasies..... 😛

Moves
16 Feb 21

@sonhouse

H2 for cars?

Hydrogen has a wide explosive range, compared to other fuels
It burns with an invisible flame
You cannot smell, see, or taste it

Science would have to alter it to change some of those dangerous properties.

D

Moves
16 Feb 21

D

Moves
16 Feb 21
1 edit

Moves
16 Feb 21
3 edits

@Duchess64

Well they add chemicals to natural gas so we can smell it if it's leaking so they can do the same for Hydrogen.
They can also add chemicals to the hydrogen so we can see a flame if it is burning.

The highly explosive part is complicated but I'm sure someone out there has an idea to change that.

I never said alter the atomic structure. You did.
Stop putting words into other people's mouths.
I said alter as in alter the H2 fuel for cars.

D

Moves
17 Feb 21

Moves
17 Feb 21
2 edits

We were talking about hydrogen fuel for cars.
Alter the fuel. It is too dangerous right now.

I'm sorry you are so daft. 😉
Most people would see we were talking about fuel for cars.

Adding something is altering it btw.

D

Moves
17 Feb 21
1 edit

Moves
17 Feb 21
1 edit

@Duchess64

You're adorable 🤗 you know that?

Strange how I am talking about altering chemicals and you are not using examples based on chemicals.
Is that liberal speak?

Adding something to chemicals is altering the chemical.

m

Moves
17 Feb 21

@phil-a-dork said
@Duchess64

You're adorable 🤗 you know that?

Strange how I am talking about altering chemicals and you are not using examples based on chemicals.
Is that liberal speak?

Adding something to chemicals is altering the chemical.
Funny, Patzering told her the same thing. 😆