Green Energy Failing in the Face of Winter Storm

Green Energy Failing in the Face of Winter Storm

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
17 Feb 21

D

Moves
17 Feb 21

Lake Como

Moves
17 Feb 21
2 edits

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Contrare', I simply state an indisputable fact. You sound like a liberal.

Of course, exception to rape and incest, but we won't go there.

Lake Como

Moves
17 Feb 21
1 edit

Y'all remember ole AvJoe telling you a month ago that gas prices are going to go up with Bidens stuff? Up from $50/bbl to $63/bbl in a month. Suzianne needs to fill up!!!!
While I am at it, how many teens are worth $15/hour?

D

Moves
17 Feb 21

w

Moves
17 Feb 21

@averagejoe1 said
Y'all remember ole AvJoe telling you a month ago that gas prices are going to go up with Bidens stuff? Up from $50/bbl to $63/bbl in a month. Suzianne needs to fill up!!!!
While I am at it, how many teens are worth $15/hour?
We're still waiting on your retraction of this threads premise. The TX situation wasn't caused by freezing wind turbines. Wind turbines work just fine in Antartica. TX chose not to winterize their coal fire power plants.

Lake Como

Moves
17 Feb 21

@wildgrass said
We're still waiting on your retraction of this threads premise. The TX situation wasn't caused by freezing wind turbines. Wind turbines work just fine in Antartica. TX chose not to winterize their coal fire power plants.
Well, there are a lot talking heads on the news who know a LOT more than we do. For instance,do you know how bad things would be ALL over were it not for coal as a backup? we get 50% of energy from coal. Biden wants to SHUT DOWN coal, for god sakes. We used a lot of it yesterday, saved a lot of folks, I believe TX bought it from Idaho.
To your point, I dont know nuthin about that, I am simply saying we might want to really keep up with the real world. Keeping fossil fuels is MUCH more important (to many smart talking heads) than Climate concerns. You can go emotional and get all into the green deal, I am more for oil etc. So, I believe the guys who are saying we best be very careful with these AOC ideas. I don't believe most of the stuff y'all are writing about. I only brought up this thread to get conversation going, it worked. We all know it is not about changing minds.

Lake Como

Moves
17 Feb 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Why write that, Duchess ? Silly. OK, I didn't say s'ex with a male is needed'. Duchess, she could get pregnant with the help of a Dr, invitoro or whatever, to impregnate her in a lab. Decides to get pregnant, with a male or with a lab procedure. This further cements my point. Decides to get pregnant, gets pregnant.
The liberal mind is forever searching contrarian.

Lake Como

Moves
17 Feb 21

@AverageJoe1 Here is a real brainteaser for you, Duchess. Woodsman A lives by himself and kills and eats his food. Woodsman B lives by himself but eats the food killed by Woodsman A.
If you were taking a pop quiz in Societal Life, which of these 2 people would likely be a liberal, and which of these 2 people would likely be a conservative?

w

Moves
17 Feb 21

@averagejoe1 said
Well, there are a lot talking heads on the news who know a LOT more than we do. For instance,do you know how bad things would be ALL over were it not for coal as a backup? we get 50% of energy from coal. Biden wants to SHUT DOWN coal, for god sakes. We used a lot of it yesterday, saved a lot of folks, I believe TX bought it from Idaho.
To your point, I dont kno ...[text shortened]... ht up this thread to get conversation going, it worked. We all know it is not about changing minds.
well, you claim not to know what you're talking about, but also that you do know what's the best energy source.

there's no need to take every acute instance of power outages and make it political. Ted Cruz is eating crow today. We're phasing out coal. it's partly about the environment, partly about diversification, partly looking to the future, partly creating jobs and innovating new technology.

it's ok. the libs aren't winning.

Lake Como

Moves
17 Feb 21

@wildgrass said
well, you claim not to know what you're talking about, but also that you do know what's the best energy source.

there's no need to take every acute instance of power outages and make it political. Ted Cruz is eating crow today. We're phasing out coal. it's partly about the environment, partly about diversification, partly looking to the future, partly creating jobs and innovating new technology.

it's ok. the libs aren't winning.
OK These posts really get technical, science like, from non-scientists. We all have opinions. I don't know about hydrogen, and if I set aside a few hours to learn it, it prob would not serve me or y'all well to pretend to have the answer. So since I cannot write about hydrogen, and we have that horrible AOC creature telling us to get rid of oil (and she has Biden's ear) a died-i-the-wool Amercian like me is probably going to have an 'emotional reaction' as do liberals. The more they rail on, the more I want fossil fuels. Works in a pinch. Works without wind. Works without sun. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
I agree of course renewable energy would be better. The ONLY way to develop it is huge carbon tax. Widgreass, I will relent and agree to leave the oil in the ground. With one proviso...... Keep the US Government the hell out of doing it. PURELY free enterprise.
As Forrest Gump one said, that's all I got to say about that.

Lake Como

Moves
17 Feb 21
1 edit

I relent, I agree with Kev, Zah, Wildgrass, et al, quit fossils. Of course. I lose this one, it was a good banter for everyone. It is inarguable to have no burning. Double all gas tax and invent renewables. (The private sector, that is)

I would vote against that, however, if the government got involved, ...you know, add pork, college tuition etc to the bill for carbon tax. Entrepreneurs can do it better, cheaper, more efficiency, faster than the goverment. I will gladly pay the tax. Please let us keep our airplanes, how you gonna handle that???

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
17 Feb 21

@averagejoe1 said
Do you think we should start talking about maybe stockpiling oil as fast as we can? Complicated stuff. Some here actually want to take a chance, cap all the wells, and freeze to death.? Low teens in TX tonite.
I presume that you know that renewables account for a mere 21% of the energy produced in Texas .
The cause is 1 of 2 possibilities :
1. Failure of the fossil fuel industry in Texas
2. Failure of the Republican led government to adequately prepare for just this type of emergency by deregulating , privatizing and failing to follow guidelines to prevent such an occurrence .
I would say that the answer is 2

Lake Como

Moves
17 Feb 21

@caissad4 said
I presume that you know that renewables account for a mere 21% of the energy produced in Texas .
The cause is 1 of 2 possibilities :
1. Failure of the fossil fuel industry in Texas
2. Failure of the Republican led government to adequately prepare for just this type of emergency by deregulating , privatizing and failing to follow guidelines to prevent such an occurrence .
I would say that the answer is 2
#2. You could be right, but with all the hell that y'all put your president through, coupled with all that he DID do for this country while fighting you off, I am still quite impressed with the Republicans. His tireless energy could have been even stronger, to solve out energy problems, but maybe he was just about the hell spent.
Now I am going to bless my successes over these 4 years. What are you going to do today?

Lake Como

Moves
17 Feb 21
1 edit

@AverageJoe1 Hey, could you answer my question above about the 2 woodsmen? I think that Duchess is not even going to get the gist of the question. Maybe I should have made it a multiple choice.