1. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 00:19
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    finnegan, you have it back to front universal health care is 'rationed' health care.
    All health systems are rationed. What is your problem?

The question is how they are rationed. Are you insured? Is your policy fully paid? Does it cover this condition? Does it cover this treatment and its consequences? That is rationing.

I respect England's system where the National Institute for Clinical Excellence is charged with evaluating every treatment and its decisions are public and accountable. If it is good value for money and offers demonstrable health benefits then it is approved. This entails putting a price on health, life, etc but it forces every supplier to give good evidence that their treatments or drugs are effective. It entails having frank public and rational debates and exposing every decision to informed criticism and challenge. It is not easy.
  2. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 02:59
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Any society which cannot guarantee a right to health care to its citizens is a backward, unresponsive one, not worth supporting. Why would anyone choose to live in such a society?
    you show me where it is written that americans are guaranteed health care.and if you dont want to live in such a society,THERE is the door! We got flights every day going to Europe.Perhaps, you would be more comfortable there.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 11:04
    Originally posted by daniel58
    I don't get if you are for it or against, if we have universal healthcare then we (will) need, universal society that's what the devil wants.
    What?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 11:06
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Because there is a lot of money to be made at the top. Insurance companies are very powerfull and they won't be pulled away from the tit.
    But most Republicans don't work at insurance companies.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 11:21
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Society? What? Do you mean when 51% the sheep go baaaa that means the 49% of the sheep that go maaaa must be wrong? By that logic when 50% do not even bother going to the polls then guvernment should be reduced by that amount.

You're measurement of what is right or wrong is as wrong as your use of the word 'right' in your post.
    Rights are always going to be artificial and arbitrary, get over it.
  6. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 11:33
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    But most Republicans don't work at insurance companies.
    Insurance companies know how to greese the wheel.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 11:511 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    you show me where it is written that americans are guaranteed health care.and if you dont want to live in such a society,THERE is the door! We got flights every day going to Europe.Perhaps, you would be more comfortable there.
    You show me where it is written that Americans are NOT guaranteed health care. As guaranteed, universal health care is the natural product of any civilized society, it goes without saying that Americans would likewise share in this right unless there is some specific provision or compelling reason to deny it. Without any such provision or reason, a right to guaranteed, universal health care is to be assumed.

Fortunately for all of us, you do not get to dictate the character of American society. This being a democracy, its character will be decided by the people at large. And if the people want universal health care, then that shall become part of the character of American society. In that case it would be YOU who is free to leave. We've got flights going every day to third world dictatorships. Perhaps you would be more comfortable there.
  8. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 12:00
    You show me where it is written that Americans are NOT guaranteed health care. As guaranteed, universal health care is the natural product of any civilized society, it goes without saying that Americans would likewise share in this right unless there is some specific provision or compelling reason to deny it. Without any such provision or reason, a right to ...[text shortened]... ghts going every day to third world dictatorships. Perhaps you would be more comfortable there.
    do you just make this up as you go along? your logic makes no sense. btw,this is not a democracy.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 12:11
    do you just make this up as you go along? your logic makes no sense. btw,this is not a democracy.
    Where is the "logic" in "health care is not a right"?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 12:32
    Originally posted by bill718
    Millions of Americans cannot afford healthcare in America, despite 30+ years of promises from the right wing that "compitition between companies would bring prices down". President Obama's efforts to bring at least a minimal amount of health care to all is very doubtful. HOM's , Insurance Companies, and Drug Companies fearing that taxpayer supported healthca ...[text shortened]... ug Companies have a message for you: If you can't afford it, YOU JUST DON'T DESERVE IT!😏
    Health care for the poor is not doubtful, in fact, as of right now we have it through medicare/medicaid as has been pointed out. The real question here is, do we need to change what we have now for a "better" system. So tell me, other than rationing care and the government taking it over so we have no other choices, what is better about the proposed system?
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 12:34
    Because you are unable to follow my logic does not mean it doesn't make any sense. It just demonstrates that your comprehension skills are lacking.

This is a democratic republic.
  12. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 12:38
    because it is not.either is owning a house but try explaining that to the left wing loons
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 12:381 edit
    It is the same logic that says that a government entitled retirement is a right.

It is the same logic that says that a government sponsered income for the poor is a right?

It is the same logic that says that a state sponsered education is a right?

In short, it is the same logic that says, "They owe this to me and, in fact, it is NEVER enough!!"

It is the logic that has helped create a $11 trillion deficit. But then, who really cares, eh?
  14. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 12:40
    Because you are unable to follow my logic does not mean it doesn't make any sense. It just demonstrates that your comprehension skills are lacking.

This is a democratic republic.
    my comprehension skills are fine.It is not a right and show me where it is written that it is.
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 12:41
    my comprehension skills are fine.It is not a right and show me where it is written that it is.
    Show me where it is written that it isn't.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree