1. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 12:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    It is the same logic that says that a government entitled retirement is a right.

It is the same logic that says that a government sponsered income for the poor is a right?

It is the same logic that says that a state sponsered education is a right?

In short, it is the same logic that says, "They owe this to me and, in fact, it is NEVER enough!!"

It is the logic that has helped create a $11 trillion deficit. But then, who really cares, he?
    Yawn. There are plenty of countries with far, far more state benefits and either no or less public debt. The problem is the rich in the US are paying far too little taxes to support a modern society.
  2. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 12:44
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Show me where it is written that it isn't.
    that is not a valid point and is typical spin doctor thinking the liberals are so famous for
  3. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 12:46
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Yawn. There are plenty of countries with far, far more state benefits and either no or less public debt. The problem is the rich in the US are paying far too little taxes to support a modern society.
    the plenty of other countries mean nothing in this debate
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 12:492 edits
    I would agree that if the American public wants Big Brother to take care of them, they should pony up and pay. But they don't want to pay, do they? So tell me, how is Obama going to fix this discrepency?

Answer: He's not other than raising the tax burden a bit on "the rich".

I think Obama is quite content in continuing the pattern of spending without paying for our expenditures and watching the deficit balloon further.

Of course the ace in the hole is cap and trade which will be the biggest regressive tax in US history. But then, do you really think this income will be used to pay down the debt? If you do, I have a bridge I would like to sell ya!!
  5. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 12:50
    What?
    "Once the Church Age is over (with the final believer coming into that fold), a brief intermission occurs, wherein Satan is allowed free rein for seven years. Once his desperate act is complete, the one nation which some have clamored for will finally come into play.

Speaking of the "desperate act" of Satan, he will endeavor to emulate what will follow his seven years, i.e., a one-world government. In this, he will seemingly pull it off..."
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 13:03
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    that is not a valid point and is typical spin doctor thinking the liberals are so famous for
    It is a valid point. Unless you can show why it shouldn't, a right to health care is to be assumed. It would take some compelling reason to abrogate it.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 13:05
    Originally posted by daniel58
    "Once the Church Age is over (with the final believer coming into that fold), a brief intermission occurs, wherein Satan is allowed free rein for seven years. Once his desperate act is complete, the one nation which some have clamored for will finally come into play.

Speaking of the "desperate act" of Satan, he will endeavor to emulate what will follow his seven years, i.e., a one-world government. In this, he will seemingly pull it off..."
    So Obama is Satan...?
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 13:05
    It is a valid point. Unless you can show why it shouldn't, a right to health care is to be assumed. It would take some compelling reason to abrogate it.
    A right is the sovereignty to act without the permission of others, therefore healthcare can not be considered a right.
  9. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 13:07
    I did not say it shouldn't.I said it is not.
  10. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 13:07
    So Obama is Satan...?
    No I'm saying what Satan will do and we don't need to help him.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 13:08
    Originally posted by daniel58
    No I'm saying what Satan will do and we don't need to help him.
    Satan wants cheap, high quality health care?
  12. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 13:10
    I'm saying if we make everything universal that will help him.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 13:11
    Originally posted by whodey
    I would agree that if the American public wants Big Brother to take care of them, they should pony up and pay. But they don't want to pay, do they? So tell me, how is Obama going to fix this discrepency?

Answer: He's not other than raising the tax burden a bit on "the rich".

I think Obama is quite content in continuing the pattern of spending with ...[text shortened]... ome will be used to pay down the debt? If you do, I have a bridge I would like to sell ya!!
    I would just like to follow up by saying that, the game here is to promise not to raise taxes because those who do know they have no chance for being elected. At the same time, you have one side offering other "goodies" and the other side not offering anything more. So which do you choose? You choose what we have now.

Of course, those who offer these "goodies" know that to not raise taxes and further burden the tax payer with other programs is not sustainable. However, that does not bother them because they know once these programs get into place they become sacred cows. People will just begin to accept the notion that I am entitlted to this, that, and the other thing. At the same time, they also know at some point the public will have to pony up and pay. In fact, it will matter little who might be president in the future because there will only be one way to pay. There will be no options and that is what these folks are all about!!! So you say you want other options for health care? LOL.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 13:131 edit
    Have we all accepted that Obama is Satan?

Great!! That means we can skip a few more threads in the future!! 😛
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    25 Jul '09 13:24
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    A right is the sovereignty to act without the permission of others, therefore healthcare can not be considered a right.
    I have the sovereign right to access free health care without relying on the permission of others to do so.

How's that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree