1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 00:234 edits
    @zahlanzi said
    People aren't statistics, dumbass. An individual gasping for air on his death bed (which may or may not be in a hospital) doesn't give a fuk the mortality rate is below 1%. 400k people may not be a high percentage of 300million but they are STILL 400K HUMAN BEINGS DEAD, you absolute garbage person.

This is the mentality of a psychopath. Seeing people as numbers instead o ...[text shortened]... eople deserve to die because you don't think there are enough dead people to concern ourselves with.
    This is a childish attitude to have. Of course people aren't just numbers, but we need the numbers to get an accurate perspective...otherwise we ( as in yourself ) let irrational emotions make self serving - generally poor decisions that "feel" good instead of actually being good. You want to be a citizen of the world so bad...better get used to looking at the numbers, cause that is how scientists view it. That's how you make informed decisions.

Shutting down the world because 2 out of 8 great grandparents that catch COVID could die but still having 2 of them die regardless is moronic.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 03:172 edits
    @lemondrop said
    the Chinese are big on herbal medicines and snake oil
    Endemic racism rules in this narrow white-dominated forum.

IF Chinese scientists had NOT quickly discovered the genetic sequence of Covid-19 and published
    it for all the world to see, then the development of vaccines would have been greatly delayed.

Some Western scientists have given credit to Chinese scientists for that vital work.
    But none of the hateful racists here apparently would ever give any Chinese any credit.

According to worldometers, as of today
    1) USA 424,177 deaths by Covid-19
    47) China 4635 deaths
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 13:36
    @eladar said
    Do research.

Almost everyone survives covid, even without taking vitamin D.

Let's see if you can figure this out. If 100 people get covid, how many of those 100 would be expected to survive?
    You must have detected my sarcasm.

How about some stats on your thinking that vitamin D will be stop you from getting the virus? Start using your head just a little please.

-VR
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 13:39
    @eladar said
    @wildgrass
    Polio destroyed lives of little children, Covid generally kills those 85 and older. I think that is the main difference.
    You are talking about a long time ago when medicine isn't anywhere near what it is today! (SIGHS) Covid kills people of all ages not just those 85 and older. Man where do you live under a rock?

-VR
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 14:27
    @very-rusty said
    You are talking about a long time ago when medicine isn't anywhere near what it is today! (SIGHS) Covid kills people of all ages not just those 85 and older. Man where do you live under a rock?

-VR
    Over 80% of all deaths are people over 65 ( retiree's ) which cumulatively represent 16% of the US population.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 15:032 edits
    I guess I'm the only one that can imagine the government would euthanize its aging population of the baby boom ( who is now drawing massively ) as SSI reserves are projected to be exhausted in less than 20 years time?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 15:20
    @very-rusty said
    You must have detected my sarcasm.

How about some stats on your thinking that vitamin D will be stop you from getting the virus? Start using your head just a little please.

-VR
    Look at the study I provided. It is in the science forum.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 15:58
    @eladar said
    OK, so let's see all these new policies that will drive covid from our shores. How is Biden different?
    The WHO Finally Updates Its COVID-19 Testing Policy... One Hour After Biden's Inauguration

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stacey-lennox/2021/01/20/the-who-finally-updates-its-covid-19-testing-policy-1-hour-after-bidens-inauguration-n1398857

We became instantly over the peak. Biden didn't have to do anything. It is all better.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 16:07
    @joe-shmo
    Unless it would be you gasping for breath on an intubating breathing machine.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 16:08
    @joe-shmo
    Oh yeah, the secret is out. WE invented C19 virus specifically to kill off all the old farts in nursing home.

How did you figure that one out?
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 16:50
    @eladar said
    Look at the study I provided. It is in the science forum.
    You can be assured I'll not be running around looking for stats you posted in any forum as I would then question the source. 1 death is too many deaths, what do you think about that?

-VR
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 16:522 edits
    @metal-brain said
    The WHO Finally Updates Its COVID-19 Testing Policy... One Hour After Biden's Inauguration

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stacey-lennox/2021/01/20/the-who-finally-updates-its-covid-19-testing-policy-1-hour-after-bidens-inauguration-n1398857

We became instantly over the peak. Biden didn't have to do anything. It is all better.
    Do you call over the peak 4,000 deaths a day?

Did it ever enter your mind to give Biden at least 3 months and see how things are then?

-VR
  13. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 16:54
    @metal-brain said

the last I heard they said the worst is yet to come
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 16:54
    @metal-brain said

Biden is being honest about the pandemic over the next few months.

He doesn't need to lie to you. You seem to be doing a pretty good job lying to yourself.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 16:551 edit
    @lemondrop said
    the last I heard they said the worst is yet to come
    Yes, Biden has said that himself! That is because Trump wasn't doing anything since November4th but crying about an election he lost fair and square. While he was doing that thousands of Americans were dying every day! What a hero he is!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree