1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 16:56
    Give this a read

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/conservative-mp-calls-for-nationwide-rollout-of-vitamin-d-tablets/ar-BB1cLdqC
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 18:33
    @joe-shmo said
    This is a childish attitude to have. Of course people aren't just numbers, but we need the numbers to get an accurate perspective...otherwise we ( as in yourself ) let irrational emotions make self serving - generally poor decisions that "feel" good instead of actually being good. You want to be a citizen of the world so bad...better get used to looking at the numbers, c ...[text shortened]... great grandparents that catch COVID could die but still having 2 of them die regardless is moronic.
    "This is a childish attitude to have. Of course people aren't just numbers,"
    Not according to eladar the ashole who has been going on and on about the "low" mortality rate since Covid started to justify his unwillingness to consider any inconvenience inflicted on him by safety measures meant to protect very rwal people and not numbers which according to him are very low.

"better get used to looking at the numbers, "
    I am looking at the numbers. I just interpret them differently. If 0.5% off a batch of 330 million apples are rotten i say it's a low number. If 0.5% of the population of a country die I say it's a high and unacceptable number. And if i can lower it by wearing a mask i will do so gladly and demand others do the same. And if we lower that number to 0.2% i still won't consider it a low number, because they are people, not apples.

That's how you make informed decisions. Realize first and foremost we're dealing with people and disqualify sociopaths like eladar from being involved in decision making.

"Shutting down the world because 2 out of 8 great grandparents that catch COVID could die but still having 2 of them die regardless is moronic."
    Another example of you straining your brain for five seconds and vomiting this dumb thought soup. And nobody supervised you to say it's dumb before you posted.

Your great example assumes we enact dumb measures that don't have any benefit just for the fun of it. We know social distancing works in slowing down the virus, we know masks work, we know lockdowns work.
    Your example is more along the lines of 2 out of 8 human beings (i don't give a fuk you think of old people as subhumans undeserving of dying) die and only 1 out of 20 dying if we enter a lockdown.

Yes, if it will save someone's grandma, stay the fuk indoors.
  3. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 18:551 edit
    @eladar said
    The pandemic is overblown.

It is quite likely that majority of the people who have died would have survived if they were simply given vitamin D

But since the liberals claim that Trump is to blame for covid, my question is what will Biden do the make it go away?

So far all I have gotten is that he will not, but he is a liberal so that is all that matters.

It is quite likely that majority of the people who have died would have survived if they were simply given vitamin D

Dr. Eladar has spoken! 3000+ dead people every day in America is perfectly acceptable, so what's the big deal? All you have to is pop a few Vitamin D gummy's a day, and everything will be just fine. Problem solved! 🙄
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 18:584 edits
    @zahlanzi said
    "This is a childish attitude to have. Of course people aren't just numbers,"
    Not according to eladar the ashole who has been going on and on about the "low" mortality rate since Covid started to justify his unwillingness to consider any inconvenience inflicted on him by safety measures meant to protect very rwal people and not numbers which according to him are very low.
    ...[text shortened]... f 20 dying if we enter a lockdown.

Yes, if it will save someone's grandma, stay the fuk indoors.
    Your example is more along the lines of 2 out of 8 human beings (i don't give a fuk you think of old people as subhumans undeserving of dying) die and only 1 out of 20 dying if we enter a lockdown. - @zahlanzi

See...you don't understand the figures. Your "interpretations" are misguided.

1) Its nowhere near 2 out of 8 humans...Its 2 out of 8, 85+ year old's. The difference is 85+ year old's make up 2% of the US population. If we pulled a random sample of 200 humans in America and gave them all COVID, we might expect 1-2 deaths in the sample. Get your understanding in check.

2) Locking down was never intended to substantially save lives. Its intent was to reduce transmission. Flatten the curve is grossly misunderstood by the general public. The only people that might be temporarily "saved" from lockdown are in the form of those that MAY have not been able to receive adequate treatment in the event of hospital overflow. We aren't saving people in gross as you claim with lockdown, we are just dragging the duration of the infections out over some time to lessen the initial blow.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 19:36
    @mchill said

Dr. Eladar has spoken! 3000+ dead people every day in America is perfectly acceptable, so what's the big deal? All you have to is pop a few Vitamin D gummy's a day, and everything will be just fine. Problem solved! 🙄
    8000 people die everyday in the US, even without Covid
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 19:59
    @eladar said
    8000 people die everyday in the US, even without Covid
    Where the hell did you find those stats?

Simply not a FACT!!!

-VR
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 20:03
    @very-rusty said
    Where the hell did you find those stats?

Simply not a FACT!!!

-VR
    Google it, you will see that it is a fact.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 20:39
    @eladar said
    Google it, you will see that it is a fact.
    Send me the link that says 8,000 Americans die each day before Covid19.

-VR
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 21:04
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109281/covid-19-daily-deaths-compared-to-all-causes/
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jan '21 21:163 edits
    @eladar said
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109281/covid-19-daily-deaths-compared-to-all-causes/
    It absolutely amazes me that people are still completely in the dark about these basic health statistics a year later!?!

VR: you barely even have to think, just read:

"On an average day, nearly 8,000 people die from all causes in the United States, based on data from 2019"

2019 data predates COVID.

Look some moron doesn't know how to read and thumbs down facts! I love when morons thumb down simple facts!

2018 Mortality Data from the CDC

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db355.htm

This is how simple it is to figure this out for oneself:

2,839,205 Deaths registered in the US in the year 2018.

Take that number and divide it by the number of days in a year: 365

= 7,778 Death per Day in 2018

How in the heck do you people get by on a day to day basis...
  11. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    24 Jan '21 03:10
    @joe-shmo said
    It absolutely amazes me that people are still completely in the dark about these basic health statistics a year later!?!

VR: you barely even have to think, just read:

"On an average day, nearly 8,000 people die from all causes in the United States, based on data from 2019"

2019 data predates COVID.

Look some moron doesn't know how to read and thumbs down facts! ...[text shortened]... 65

= 7,778 Death per Day in 2018

How in the heck do you people get by on a day to day basis...
    2020 deaths total nearly 2.9 million as of Dec 8th, meaning only 48 weeks tabulated.
    Total for 2018, 2019 around 2.6 million deaths for whole year.

So we're already talking 300,000 deaths more in 2020 with December still to be tabulated.

Similarly, UK reporting 2020 with about 90,000 deaths above average of previous 5 years.

Enjoy your denial fest. 😴
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Jan '21 12:25
    @mghrn55
    So you are saying that the number of deaths is not really that much more than what you would typically expect.

All this mental anguish and destruction of education was for next to nothing.
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    24 Jan '21 16:19
    @eladar said
    @mghrn55
    So you are saying that the number of deaths is not really that much more than what you would typically expect.

Don't forget "long covid". Those folk have had their health and life expectancy wrecked. Nobody knows yet what numbers will be affected.
  14. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Jan '21 17:201 edit
    @eladar said
    @wildgrass
    Polio destroyed lives of little children, Covid generally kills those 85 and older. I think that is the main difference.
    The point was that even though polio only presented as severe symptomatically in a very small fraction of people it was still a legitimate societal problem that our government leaders and health professional took seriously.
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    24 Jan '21 17:38
    @eladar said
    @mghrn55

That's a lot !!
    A death rate 10-15% higher than a rolling average from the previous few years will raise a red flag in any civilized country.

You can cut the pretense.
    For you, this pandemic was an inconvenience to any supporting Trump for a 2nd term.
    And due to his incompetence, it cost him his Presidency.
    The Trump support base, mostly Christian Nationalists and White Nationalists, had their eye on larger agendas set out for a Trump 2nd term

If the pandemic had hit after Trump had gotten re-elected, you would be singing a different tune on COVID 19.

But your true goal was, and is, achieving your vision for America that required 8 years of Trump to implement.

Put your cards on the table !!
    Roe v Wade
    Same sex marriage
    Sex outside of marriage (you clearly revealed your views on that)

Quit whining about about the attention being paid to a pandemic that is consuming a 9/11 worth of victims every day !!
    Tell us exactly what is stirring up your anger in this forum !!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree