29 Jan '21 18:321 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Jan '21 19:40
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Frankly, I'm willing to believe neither of those numbers, but the last one is particularly ludicrous.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '21 19:56

5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '21 22:49
    Wow, why do you lie?

I said darker skinned people will not die as easily when they live near the equator. Does Norway have a predominant dark skinned population?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '21 23:001 edit

7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '21 23:23
    I said that is true for darker skinned people.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '21 23:28

9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 00:17
    Death rates from covid will go up for dark skinned people the further they live from the equator.

Dark Skinned people in North America and Western Europe suffer from vitamin d deficiency at a much higher rate than the white population.
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 09:50
    @eladar said
    Death rates from covid will go up for dark skinned people the further they live from the equator.

Dark Skinned people in North America and Western Europe suffer from vitamin d deficiency at a much higher rate than the white population.
    All of that is still simply not true. It's a beautiful, credible conjecture, but unfortunately for you it is belied by the facts. True scientists get rid of a theory when the facts do not bear it out, just as Kepler ditched his equally beautiful platonic solid model of the solar system when it turned out not to fit the measurements. Are you willing to be as honest as Kepler, or are you more like Lysenko, who stuck to his politically motivated theories while millions died?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 15:00
    @shallow-blue said
    All of that is still simply not true. It's a beautiful, credible conjecture, but unfortunately for you it is belied by the facts. True scientists get rid of a theory when the facts do not bear it out, just as Kepler ditched his equally beautiful platonic solid model of the solar system when it turned out not to fit the measurements. Are you willing to be as honest as Kep ...[text shortened]... , or are you more like Lysenko, who stuck to his politically motivated theories while millions died?
    Do you have proof that it is not true.

It is a scientific fact that vitamin d deficiency causes higher death rates.

It is a scientific fact that the darker the person's skin, the more difficult it is to make vitamin d.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree