Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    22 Aug '15 11:16 / 2 edits
    I've voted in every election since 1976, but this many be the one in which I stay home. On the GOP side, we have an arrogant, big mouth blowhard, who seems to hate just about everyone (except himself and rich people), For the Democrats we have a lying little cow that I wouldn't trust as far as I can throw a bull by the tail (which is not very far!), and the alternative is old man Bernie, who means well, but is in no way fit for the stresses of the office. Is this the best America has? Working on my endgames may be better than voting this time around.
  2. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    22 Aug '15 11:30
    Originally posted by bill718
    I've voted in every election since 1976, but this many be the one in which I stay home. On the GOP side, we have an arrogant, big mouth blowhard, who seems to hate just about everyone (except himself and rich people), For the Democrats we have a lying little cow that I wouldn't trust as far as I can throw a bull by the tail (which is not very far!), and the ...[text shortened]... is the best America has? Working on my endgames may be better than voting this time around.
    Bernie looks fine to me and an average US male at 73 has a life expectancy of 12 more years. http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/STATS/table4c6.html Anyway, in the general election you are voting for a ticket that includes a Vice-President who will, presumably, be a bit younger.

Not voting for someone because of their age seems a bit silly to me. If you find the big money party candidates unappealing, however, a better choice than not voting would be voting for a third party compatible with your ideology perhaps the Greens in your case.
  3. 22 Aug '15 11:39
    I've voted in every election since 1976, but this many be the one in which I stay home. On the GOP side, we have an arrogant, big mouth blowhard, who seems to hate just about everyone (except himself and rich people), For the Democrats we have a lying little cow that I wouldn't trust as far as I can throw a bull by the tail (which is not very far!), and the ...[text shortened]... is the best America has? Working on my endgames may be better than voting this time around.
    You and me both.

There is no shame in abstaining.

The hard part about voting is that one should be as informed as possible about a candidate before voting. However, the more you learn the harder it is to pull the trigger to vote for them.

I still feel guilty for voting for Bush back in some 20 years ago it seems. I can only imagine how Obama voters feel now.

I mostly just go to vote for local issues and abstain from these national races that have already been decided for me.
  4. 22 Aug '15 13:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    You and me both.

There is no shame in abstaining.

The hard part about voting is that one should be as informed as possible about a candidate before voting. However, the more you learn the harder it is to pull the trigger to vote for them.

I still feel guilty for voting for Bush back in some 20 years ago it seems. I can only imagine how Obama v ...[text shortened]... te for local issues and abstain from these national races that have already been decided for me.
    Means the left wins once again.

Told you, you're getting more irrelevant every day.

Haha.
  5. Standard member vivify
    rain
    22 Aug '15 13:12
    How is Bernie unfit for office when he's a U.S. senator? Was Reagan unfit for public office? Was McCain?
  6. 22 Aug '15 13:12
    Originally posted by Great King Rat

Haha.
    "The left" hasn't won a national US election in a very long time.
  7. 22 Aug '15 14:34
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    "The left" hasn't won a national US election in a very long time.
    Depends or your frame of reference.
  8. 22 Aug '15 15:43
    So you are saying that if there isn't an establishment candidate you aren't voting. That's the exact opposite of how I see things. That's why I've stayed at home for quite some time now.
  9. 23 Aug '15 04:57

Haha.
    I guess this means you will stay relevant, just so long as you go along with the left like a good boy.
  10. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    23 Aug '15 05:48
    Working on your end game???
    Are you a manical psychopath?

Or does it mean something else?
  11. 23 Aug '15 12:51
    George Carlin stays at home too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efKguI0NFek
  12. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    23 Aug '15 13:49
    Assuming the GOP does not nominate Trump (and I still think there's a 90%+ chance they don't), does that mean you'll consider voting for the Republican against Hillary?
  13. 23 Aug '15 13:53
    Originally posted by sh76
    Assuming the GOP does not nominate Trump (and I still think there's a 90%+ chance they don't), does that mean you'll consider voting for the Republican against Hillary?
    I would vote for a sack of wet manure over Hillary.
  14. 23 Aug '15 14:51
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    I would vote for a sack of wet manure over Hillary.
    What if the sack of wet manure had an abhorrent hair piece?
  15. 23 Aug '15 15:18
    Depends or your frame of reference.
    Well, yeah, if you're a fan of Putin even Bill Clinton and Tory Bliar are left-wing. In the real world, the last US president that even threatened to veer to the left was Jimmy Carter.