Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 11:334 edits
    This is a prime example of Israel's problem. It wouldn't hurt Israel one bit to let the Palistianins have a small homeland. Instead they bulldoze homes on Palistianian land, treat the Palistianian people as cattle (or at best, 2nd class citizens), all the while reminding anyone who will listen about the holocaust (3 generations ago), and always presenting themselves as the persecuted one's, but in fact they have become the tyrants here. Frankly, I have no more than a lukewarm interest in this issue, but if Israel thinks this approach is going to solve their problems, they'd better think again, all this is going to do is breed more hatred, more terror groups, and more problems. Israel spends much hot air, telling everyone about their "right to exist", but I don't see Israel becoming the least bit concerned about anyone else's "right to exist". So, I'm sorry to say to Israel's government officials, your "pity poor me" speeches are wearing a bit thin these days...with me, and many others! 😏

http://news.yahoo.com/netanyahu-says-no-palestinian-state-reelected-pm-155833349.html;_ylt=AwrTHQ5lDAhVEQQAqGdXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzc2t1MThpBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVklQNTA0XzEEc2VjA3Nj
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 13:065 edits
    Originally posted by bill718
    This is a prime example of Israel's problem. It wouldn't hurt Israel one bit to let the Palistianins have a small homeland. Instead they bulldoze homes on Palistianian land, treat the Palistianian people as cattle (or at best, 2nd class citizens), all the while reminding anyone who will listen about the holocaust (3 generations ago), and always presenting th ...[text shortened]... t=AwrTHQ5lDAhVEQQAqGdXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzc2t1MThpBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVklQNTA0XzEEc2VjA3Nj
    For the life of me, I don't know why Israel just doesn't take the same road regimes like Iran and North Korea take. Just kill all those who oppose you, or do worse to them, suspend elections, close your borders, and just start building nukes and tell the rest of the world to go to hell.

Or you could be like the democrats in the US. Fix elections, rule and reign over a populace that does not have the majority support, try to topple regimes around the globe in your favor, and treat opposition like they are terrorists. Then you ban everything you don't like and make everything you do a right that the government has to pay for.

Tyranny has many forms, but all agree that mankind is tyrannical by nature while demanding that their own poo does not stink as bad.
  3. Standard memberQuarl
    Quarl
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 13:36
    always presenting themselves as the persecuted one's, but in fact they have become the tyrants here.
    Brilliant! You are absolutely correct. Even though a drain on finances, Palestinians have been forced to build fences and walls around themselves to keep Israelis from infiltrating and killing Palestinian civilians while they sleep or in their markets. No wonder the Palestinians will not give Israelis land so they may live amoung them. The Israelis refuse to live in peace.

Those Israelis now defeat the protection of the Palestinians fences and tunnel under fences to send in assassins to murder Palestinian civilians, plus Israel continually launches indis................ Oh! Wait a mo......... Disregard all this. Sorry!
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 13:431 edit
    Originally posted by Quarl
    Brilliant! You are absolutely correct. Even though a drain on finances, Palestinians have been forced to build fences and walls around themselves to keep Israelis from infiltrating and killing Palestinian civilians while they sleep or in their markets. No wonder the Palestinians will not give Israelis land so they may live amoung them. The Israelis refuse to l ...[text shortened]... l continually launches indis................ Oh! Wait a mo......... Disregard all this. Sorry!
    The Sudan did not build fences. They just slaughter Christians in the South for sport.

Should Obama focus all his attention on defeating Zionism or should he devote more time defeating regimes like we see in the Sudan?

In fact, should more threads be dedicated to the Sudan than Israel, or should we just turn a blind eye to the Sudan simply because the media ignores them and focuses all their attention on Israel?
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 13:57
    This is a prime example of Israel's problem. It wouldn't hurt Israel one bit to let the Palistianins have a small homeland. Instead they bulldoze homes on Palistianian land, treat the Palistianian people as cattle (or at best, 2nd class citizens), all the while reminding anyone who will listen about the holocaust (3 generations ago), and always presenting th ...[text shortened]... t=AwrTHQ5lDAhVEQQAqGdXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzc2t1MThpBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVklQNTA0XzEEc2VjA3Nj
    Last ditch, desperate attempt to energize his base on election day.

I hope he loses.
  6. Standard memberQuarl
    Quarl
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 14:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    The Sudan did not build fences. They just slaughter Christians in the South for sport.

Should Obama focus all his attention on defeating Zionism or should he devote more time defeating regimes like we see in the Sudan?

In fact, should more threads be dedicated to the Sudan than Israel, or should we just turn a blind eye to the Sudan simply because the media ignores them and focuses all their attention on Israel?
    You posted this as an answer to my post just above yours.

Sadly, you either did not actually read my post or you absolutely missed the attempted: Irony - tongue in cheek - wit - double entendre - sarcasm, in my post!
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 16:10
    What is Gaza?
  8. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 17:13
    Originally posted by normbenign
    What is Gaza?
    What is Gaza? It's Azag spelled backwards! (I crack myself up sometimes!) 😀😀😀
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    17 Mar '15 23:08
    What is Gaza? It's Azag spelled backwards! (I crack myself up sometimes!) 😀😀😀
    Let's reword the question. How many homelands are needed?
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    18 Mar '15 01:35
    How many more Palestinians do you think can be crammed into Gaza?
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Mar '15 01:531 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It could possibly be expanded, if there was any indication that the residents would remain a peaceful neighbor, not an armed adversary. It is a separate State, a "two state solution" in the making.
  12. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    18 Mar '15 02:23
    It could possibly be expanded, if there was any indication that the residents would remain a peaceful neighbor, not an armed adversary. It is a separate State, a "two state solution" in the making.
    It should be expanded. Ashdod and Ashkelon should be added to the Gaza Strip.
  13. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    18 Mar '15 09:12
    Apartheid is considered a crime against human rights in international law.
  14. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Mar '15 09:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    For the life of me, I don't know why Israel just doesn't take the same road regimes like Iran and North Korea take. Just kill all those who oppose you, or do worse to them, suspend elections, close your borders, and just start building nukes and tell the rest of the world to go to hell.

Or you could be like the democrats in the US. Fix elections, rule an ...[text shortened]... e that mankind is tyrannical by nature while demanding that their own poo does not stink as bad.
    You do know that Iran didn't kill anybody off until the 50's when the CIA and England stepped in to help them decide what's best for Western business, don't you?

And you do know it was the republicans who fixed elections... like in Florida, don't you?

What sort of media do you listen to Whodey? Might I make a suggestion? Stop watching it...
  15. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Mar '15 09:20
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Obviously not enough.
    I mean, Netanyahu asks all Jews who feel prosecuted to come to Israel... yet he and his party won't allow Palestinians who actually did live in Palestine, until they were ethnically cleansed to return.

I can only look at this from a humane perspective. Natanyahu understands that Gaza would be too over-crowded and it might lead to hunger.

Yes. Netanyahu should get a noble peace prize for his humanity.