Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 02 Dec '15 02:52
    Americans really need to stand up to this. It's shameful, unadulterated hatred, and if we let these things slide by excusing the anger, then we are complicit. And any political figure which doesn't forcefully respond to shut this down in his/her own camp is worse than complicit. No, Paris does not excuse or mitigate this. And shame on the non-Muslims in the room who didn't stand up to this gentleman on Mr. Shalaby's behalf.


    https://youtu.be/INy4gaUrCL4
  2. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    02 Dec '15 10:50
    It need not be like that.

    http://www.newyorknewsgrio.com/world/99188-muslim-abused-by-thug-on-newcastle-train-rescued-by-fellow-passengers.html

    ...She and her sister had been travelling between Newcastle and Whitley Bay on Saturday when they were approached by the man on the busy train.

    'He shouted "get up out of that seat" at me,' said Ms Rehman. 'I was shocked at first as I didn't really know what was happening.

    'He was then saying stuff like "this is my country" and my sister told him we were born here and it was our country too.

    'It was then the other passengers started getting involved, telling him to leave us alone. Then he said to them "what, do you want her to bomb this train?"'

    But fellow travellers, many of them football fans, were disgusted by the man's behaviour and rushed to Ms Rehman's rescue, demanding he leave her alone before forcing him off the Metro (file picture)

    Disgusted by his comments, a group of men demanded the man leave the Metro at the next station, telling him he was not welcome.

    MS Rehman said: 'There was no violence or anything, they just made it clear he had to leave.'

    When the man got off the train at Palmersvile Metro, the carriage erupted into applause.

    'I'd never seen anything like it,' said Ms Rehman. 'I have never felt more proud of being a Geordie. It was lovely that everyone came together to help us and I can't thank them all enough.

    'It made me feel really optimistic and hopeful.'

    Ms Rehman added: 'After what happened in Paris I have felt a bit paranoid. But why should we? Just because of a few extremist people.'

    Katrina Barber, 41, was sitting opposite Ms Rehman on the Metro.

    MS Barber, who got on the train at Haymarket after watching Newcastle play Leicester City at St James' Park, said: 'They were a lovely couple of girls. We were talking about the weather being cold before this man came up and started shouting at them for no reason.

    'He was quite intimidating and was screaming in a really violent way. A lady and her daughter moved out of the way because they were so scared.

    'But other people just jumped to her defence and, in the end, everyone came together and made it clear we would not stand for this type of behaviour.

    'I was so moved by what happened, I gave the girls a hug as I got off the Metro.'

    Ms Rehman has now thanked those who helped saying: 'It was the true Geordie spirit that shone through. They were my angels that day and I can't thank them enough'

    Ms Rehman's story has also had a strong reaction on social media from people praising the actions of the passengers.


    'I have never felt more proud of being a Geordie.' It would be interesting to compare this with the people claiming they are proud to be American. Are you proud?
  3. 02 Dec '15 16:27
    Originally posted by finnegan
    It need not be like that.

    http://www.newyorknewsgrio.com/world/99188-muslim-abused-by-thug-on-newcastle-train-rescued-by-fellow-passengers.html

    [quote] ...She and her sister had been travelling between Newcastle and Whitley Bay on Saturday when they were approached by the man on the busy train.

    'He shouted "get up out of that seat" at me,' said Ms ...[text shortened]... resting to compare this with the people claiming they are proud to be American. Are you proud?
    Yes, I'm proud to be an American, to the extent that is a cause for pride. I am not proud of people who ignorantly ignore threats, and presume everyone to be innocent, when we know that various threats are coming from identifiable groups of people. That is simply stupid.
  4. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    02 Dec '15 16:29
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Americans really need to stand up to this. It's shameful, unadulterated hatred, and if we let these things slide by excusing the anger, then we are complicit. And any political figure which doesn't forcefully respond to shut this down in his/her own camp is worse than complicit. No, Paris does not excuse or mitigate this. And shame on the non-Muslims in the r ...[text shortened]... who didn't stand up to this gentleman on Mr. Shalaby's behalf.


    https://youtu.be/INy4gaUrCL4
    I agree with you on this one.

    Oh, and welcome back!
  5. 02 Dec '15 20:52 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Americans really need to stand up to this. It's shameful, unadulterated hatred, and if we let these things slide by excusing the anger, then we are complicit. And any political figure which doesn't forcefully respond to shut this down in his/her own camp is worse than complicit. No, Paris does not excuse or mitigate this. And shame on the non-Muslims in the r ...[text shortened]... who didn't stand up to this gentleman on Mr. Shalaby's behalf.


    https://youtu.be/INy4gaUrCL4
    It only takes one person to speak up for the oppressed--it could start a trend.

    I happen to be considerably smaller and physically weaker than the average man, so my
    usual practice is to avoid physical confrontations as much as possible. Yet sometimes I
    have stood up and spoken out to defend someone being bullied by a much bigger person.
    Physical size is not everything. I can project enough authority into my voice to give pause
    to some bullies who would become more aggressive if allowed to proceed without opposition.
  6. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    02 Dec '15 21:06
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Yes, I'm proud to be an American, to the extent that is a cause for pride. I am not proud of people who ignorantly ignore threats, and presume everyone to be innocent, when we know that various threats are coming from identifiable groups of people. That is simply stupid.
    Is there an identifiable group of people that you have in mind?
  7. 02 Dec '15 21:11
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Is there an identifiable group of people that you have in mind?
    Libtards and other globalists.
  8. 02 Dec '15 21:50
    Originally posted by finnegan
    It need not be like that.

    http://www.newyorknewsgrio.com/world/99188-muslim-abused-by-thug-on-newcastle-train-rescued-by-fellow-passengers.html

    [quote] ...She and her sister had been travelling between Newcastle and Whitley Bay on Saturday when they were approached by the man on the busy train.

    'He shouted "get up out of that seat" at me,' said Ms ...[text shortened]... resting to compare this with the people claiming they are proud to be American. Are you proud?
    that's really great!
  9. 02 Dec '15 21:52
    Originally posted by sh76
    I agree with you on this one.

    Oh, and welcome back!
    Thanks!

    I know people are scared, and today's events are going to scare even more people. But we don't have to let the fear run us. The gentleman in the video, he's let it take him completely over.
  10. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    02 Dec '15 22:24
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Libtards and other globalists.
    Good to hear your considered analysis. Seems the US has a bit of a plague of libtards and globalists at the moment then, shooting up health facilities and churches and ... I suppose San Bernardino today is another in that chain of events. You clearly need more guns.
  11. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    02 Dec '15 22:30
    You need to remember the IRA spent at least ten years bombing the bggry out of the UK without provoking an anti Irish backlash - which is not to downplay the mistreatement of many Irish people at the hands of security forces - but I am talking about the British people in general in ordinary life. People remained well capable of distinguishing between the actions of terrorists and the values of ordinary people. No other group has caused the levels and frequency of damage the IRA caused. Eladar's and norbenign's hysterical reactions to far less violence are pathetic.
  12. 03 Dec '15 00:02
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Is there an identifiable group of people that you have in mind?
    There are quite a few. Some are protected by political correctness, while it is open season on others.
  13. 03 Dec '15 00:05
    Originally posted by finnegan
    You need to remember the IRA spent at least ten years bombing the bggry out of the UK without provoking an anti Irish backlash - which is not to downplay the mistreatement of many Irish people at the hands of security forces - but I am talking about the British people in general in ordinary life. People remained well capable of distinguishing between the ...[text shortened]... he IRA caused. Eladar's and norbenign's hysterical reactions to far less violence are pathetic.
    Did the IRA ever even attempt anything on the scale of first bombing the WTC, and then flying planes into it?

    The event at the abortion clinic is of the same type as those IRA bombings.
  14. 03 Dec '15 02:02
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Did the IRA ever even attempt anything on the scale of first bombing the WTC, and then flying planes into it?

    The event at the abortion clinic is of the same type as those IRA bombings.
    And that mitigates what exactly?
  15. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    03 Dec '15 08:21
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Good to hear your considered analysis. Seems the US has a bit of a plague of libtards and globalists at the moment then, shooting up health facilities and churches and ... I suppose San Bernardino today is another in that chain of events. You clearly need more guns.
    Yeah, we need more guns to fight the terrorists.